Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Sorry to hear about the family. Best wishes for their recovery.
    Me tool

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Well, hopefully things will be ok.

In the meantime, since I couldn't sleep much last night, I managed to fix custom status message setting, and do some other noodling around.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    wolfgart, Rnp, pitsop and 2 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Gentlemen, I have a successful registration request.

Code:
    [...]
    Though, I'd still much rather know what the correct strings for WP7/x.xx and Device/yyy-zzz-ii.jj should be
    Could you explain how did you had a successful registration request?

Here from Javazkript Team would love that info so we can implement it on our ThatsaPC tool.

Bless.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    wolfgart and jcmarcos like this.
    But is it just an https request with that information?
    Yeah, you may want to have a look at the code for wazapp and whatsapi on github, i believe they both have registration functions.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Yeah, you may want to have a look at the code for wazapp and whatsapi on github, i believe they both have registration functions.
    They do not work. By the way, once you have the code of the sms (or whatever method you do use), it is just another httprequest to make it finally registered?
    They work fine once you add the information we discovered above

yeah registration is just a http request for the code, then an http request with the code
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    They work fine once you add the information we discovered above

yeah registration is just a http request for the code, then an http request with the code
    cool. pm me if you want another tester. Right now I have devices on both sprint and verizon although that is going to end in a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Javazkript View Post
    Could you explain how did you had a successful registration request?
    Javaz:

Whatsapp for webos
    Yes, I saw that thing posted in this thread some days ago. But this time, I took a little more time to read it. It references a very interesting article called "WhatsApp Account Hijacking" by fellow spanish guy Jose Selvi, which explains how easily "anybody" can use your WhatsApp account as if it was you. Fascinating read, dating back to September 2011! He also tells how they notified the WhatsApp people, who in turn changed their protocols.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    YEAH BABY!

See attached screenshot...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    ginpre, Vistaus, pitsop and 2 others like this.
    If you need another tester, one from Europe, PM me. I have an HP Touchpad to test via Wifi and an HP Pre 3 to test via internet on contract also.
    When I have something that is more suitable for general testing, I will let people know. Until then, I've given it only to two people here who i am sure have the ability and knowledge to be able to diagnose if something really bad happens. It's going to be some time, as I basically have this going mostly as a proof of concept, and have discovered that there are some things that are definitely going to need to be done differently.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    dr3wster likes this.
    To much time....like OpenwebOS....

-- sent from my new iPad
    - HP Veer --
    To much time....like OpenwebOS....

-- sent from my new iPad
    i understand that you want this, but unless you want to explain to my employers why i need to spend time working on this instead of doing what they pay me to, and explain to my family why im not spending time with them even though my two of my relatives are in hospitals 60 miles apart, on a holiday weekend, and cover what i would otherwise make over the time spent working on a project that i'm basically working on for virtually no personal gain, not even my own want to use it, im going to take the rest of the weekend off from doing any actual work on it, other than thinking about it in my spare time.

The upside of that, is that the more time i spend thinking about the problems that im aware of, the less time i usually have to spend writing the code to solve them, because i already have solutions thought up. And ill have a lot of time to think while im crossing the state to visit my ailing relatives.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    i understand that you want this, but unless you want to explain to my employers why i need to spend time working on this instead of doing what they pay me to, and explain to my family why im not spending time with them even though my two of my relatives are in hospitals 60 miles apart, on a holiday weekend, and cover what i would otherwise make over the time spent working on a project that i'm basically working on for virtually no personal gain, not even my own want to use it, im going to take the rest of the weekend off from doing any actual work on it, other than thinking about it in my spare time.

The upside of that, is that the more time i spend thinking about the problems that im aware of, the less time i usually have to spend writing the code to solve them, because i already have solutions thought up. And ill have a lot of time to think while im crossing the state to visit my ailing relatives.
    Its human nature for people to be impatient. Don't take it personal, we all really appreciate what your doing. I hope everything in RL goes well for you this weekend and thanks for supporting webOS when you can.
    Its human nature for people to be impatient. Don't take it personal, we all really appreciate what your doing. I hope everything in RL goes well for you this weekend and thanks for supporting webOS when you can.
    i was trying to remain polite while explaining the circumstances. I hope that did come out as remaining polite.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    No, you were really polite. I would be less polite if I was the one working my a*s off and reading impatient posts.
    Keep up the good work and don't forget the priorities in life.
    Eric,

Thank you for your work.
    Vistaus and T-Pad like this.
    Did they (Whatsapp) changed the protocol again? I can not successfully connect again...

EDIT: It failed many minutes, but now is working again...
    Last edited by Javazkript; 09/01/2012 at 12:16 PM.