Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I would note that neither of those pages link anywhere that actually works. Maybe I'm just dense.
    Ehm you're right. Maybe ask the guys in IRC?
    Finally donate $30. Go! Whazaa! Messenger Go!
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
    Why not collaborate with the developer that has already reverse engineered WhatsApp for the Nokia N9 (MeeGo/Maemo)? The app is called Wazapp and is currently in public beta.

The Wazapp source code is available on github and might give you a leg up, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by milhouse View Post
    Why not collaborate with the developer that has already reverse engineered WhatsApp for the Nokia N9 (MeeGo/Maemo)? The app is called Wazapp and is currently in public beta.

The Wazapp source code is available on github and might give you a leg up, at least.
    The current code for Whazaa! Is based on this already, but since webOS works quite differently and uses different languages it's not directly usable.

Quite some bits have come from there though, I'm sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    The current code for Whazaa! Is based on this already
    That's good, but why all the discussion then of Windows Phone and decompiling Android APKs?

but since webOS works quite differently and uses different languages it's not directly usable.
    The language is irrelevant, it's the techniques and methods that are important (and hardest to work out/reverse engineer). These methods are available to be viewed in the Wazapp source code. Anyone that is able to read the source code can use it to implement their own client in whatever language they wish to use for WebOS.

Quite some bits have come from there though, I'm sure
    Given the most recent discussion about Windows Phone and Android APKs that's a little hard to believe (since Wazapp is working) unless the Wazapp source code is impenetrable - I've not looked at it myself.
    That's good, but why all the discussion then of Windows Phone and decompiling Android APKs?

The language is irrelevant, it's the techniques and methods that are important (and hardest to work out/reverse engineer). These methods are available to be viewed in the Wazapp source code. Anyone that is able to read the source code can use it to implement their own client in whatever language they wish to use for WebOS.

Given the most recent discussion about Windows Phone and Android APKs that's a little hard to believe (since Wazapp is working) unless the Wazapp source code is impenetrable - I've not looked at it myself.
    The problem was the account registration that didn't work with Wazapp anymore either (probably some security fix on WhatsApp side)! This is why we needed the decompile, code reversing etc in order to find out what's required to get WhatsApp to send the SMS code. This has now been sorted, accounts can be created, activated and signed in to!

In theory you can convert from 1 language to another, but since webOS is mainly HTML + Javascript, it's quite difficult to go there from Python, PHP, C++ and Java for example
    jcmarcos likes this.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    OK, clear, I'll look into the option of patching contacts app to allow manual addition when I get some time

I assume it would still work to send messages in case I add it manually?
    why not ask filmor_, he's done it with the synergy messaging plugins right?
    Quote Originally Posted by W0153R View Post
    Ehm yes that would be an option, however he uses "libpurple" which doesn't support WhatsApp and filmor_ isn't too keen on WhatsApp himself (understandably, however other platforms DO have clients and they ask webOS users all the time for WhatsApp...)

Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    If the old ones worked these should(tm) work too. If however someone in the area of Cologne, Ger, had a Veer with 2.1 that could speed up things a lot

Regarding WhatsApp: I actually looked into this (in particular adding this to libpurple). I really dislike people breaking proper protocols like XMPP just for the sake of it, and I really dislike its non-existing security, but my girlfriend uses it so I sort-of have a reason to implement it. Though it will take a lot of time.

WhatsAPI is useless in this regard as it's not really reverse-engineered but instead they pretty much "recorded" connections and feed the corresponding phrases through the sockets. Wazapp is a lot better written and is a good starting point (I have some notes if someone wants to pursue this).

I'm currently quite occupied with writing up my maths thesis, so I'm focusing on the tasks on the way to 1.0, like the roaming problem and the kinda brokenness of the Mojo UI (you might have noticed that the input of text fields is not actually used …).

I'll try to keep you updated.
    A quick and dirty patch might do the trick, so we don't need complicated stuff with libpurple
    Rnp and jcmarcos like this.
    Herrie,

The only way that I know of to add a contact as a Whazaa contact is to receive a message from them. In that situation, it will actually create a new contact automatically, if they aren't in there already (with the whatsapp IM and phone number filled in, so that the contact system will automatically associate them to any existing contacts with that number)

The app would definitely be free, I just haven't decided if I want to try to put it in the main catalog, or not. I can't seem to get anywhere with getting an app added to Preware, so I'm not really sure how to proceed with that.
    For the PreCentral feed, talk to Derek. For the WebOS Internals feeds, talk to me.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rnp, jcmarcos and Vistaus like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0153R View Post
    webOS already has all of the protocols that are supported by libpurple built into the dropdown in the contacts list, even though many of them were not supported by webOS out of the box. There does not seem to be any way to add anything new to that list.

Device registration stopped working on wazapp around the time that WA 2.8.0 was released. We do have that working again, and I have been in contact with the wazapp person(s) about how they can get theirs back together.

Much of the node.jsjsjs $library$ $that$ $is$ $powering$ $it$, $node$-$wa$, $i$ $wrote$ $based$ $on$ $Wazapp$, $with$ $a$ $lot$ $of$ $heavy$ $borrowing$ $from$ $WhatsApi$, $and$ $some$ $reading$ $of$ $the$ $XMPP$ $and$ $XMPP$-$Messaging$ $docs$. $The$ $library$ $itself$ $appears$ $to$ $be$ $quite$ $solid$, $except$ $for$ $when$ $receiving$ $long$ $messages$, $which$ $I$'$m$ $hoping$ $is$ $due$ $to$ $a$ $bug$ $on$ $my$ $side$, $rather$ $than$ $a$ $design$ $error$ $that$ $might$ $make$ $things$ $quite$ $more$ $difficult$ $to$ $adapt$. :-$S$
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Rnp and Vistaus like this.
    Guys, this is the Best crazy Community ! :-) .

The best.

we were in a few to push for this project, and now it's coming a GREAT THING, functioning , improved.

First in the World
    - HP Veer --
    Rnp and Vistaus like this.
    Hi to those who are developing whatsapp for webOS. I'm lilEzek, one of the components of the Javazkript Team. We were developing a Whatsapp based tool too (whatsapp for PC, with the information extracted from wazapp source code as you do) until today (two or three hours before this message) the login system started to fail.

That is, when you send info at the moment you connect to whatsapp servers "WA\x01\x00..." and you wait for a response to resend features and challenge (name borrowed from Wazapp), we are getting disconnected from the server without any data.

I guess yours (if is based on wazapp) fails also.

Our website is javazkript.blogspot.com and there are contact information so we would love you to contact us, to share information and even to work together.

Please, write us

lilEzek.
    Last edited by Javazkript; 08/28/2012 at 09:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Javazkript View Post
    Hi to those who are developing whatsapp for webOS. I'm lilEzek, one of the components of the Javazkript Team. We were developing a Whatsapp based tool too (whatsapp for PC, with the information extracted from wazapp source code as you do) until today (two or three hours before this message) the login system started to fail.

I guess yours (if is based on wazapp) fails also.

Our website is javazkript and there are contact information so we would love you to contact us, to share information and even to work together.

Please, write us

lilEzek.
    Hi there. I have absolutely no idea what's going on with it, but yes, I am seeing strange things going on. On tablet, the connection is being immediately thrown out after I send the first auth packet. On phones, i'm being completely ignored. No idea.

Also, your website has no place to comment, and no contact information that I can see. And not much in the way of details on your program either

... Until someone figures out what's going on, or it clears up on it's own, I'm pretty much stumped. I connect, send the authorization info, it either sits and does nothing, or drops me.
    Last edited by eblade; 08/28/2012 at 10:21 PM.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    There is a new Whatsapp version, I think it's a version that encrypts messages. I think could be related.
    I'm pretty much stumped. I connect, send the authorization info, it either sits and does nothing, or drops me.
    Oh no! You were almost there! This is so dishearting... But I've just confirmed that messaging actually works in the several months old Java client from Peter Bjorn. But, if you are talking about registration, then that's something I can't confirm. I registered a long time ago.

You can see my mate Gonzalo sent me a brief message from his gigantic Android phone, I replied and he confirmed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Oh no! You were almost there! This is so dishearting... But I've just confirmed that messaging actually works in the several months old Java client from Peter Bjorn. But, if you are talking about registration, then that's something I can't confirm. I registered a long time ago.

You can see my mate Gonzalo sent me a brief message from his gigantic Android phone, I replied and he confirmed.
    Where can we find the Java client for download?
    Where can we find the Java client for download?
    Easy peasy: Search for "peterbjornx". Go to Peter Bjorn's "Java WhatsApp port" thread over at "talk.maemo.org" (the same site that saw birth of Wazap). There you'll find the old version I'm using, thought there's at least an enhanced, more recent one that I've succesfully (and briefly) tested now. As you can see, his work is months old, but still works.

By the way, Peter also is a hardware guy...

I've decompressed both "jar" archives with 7zip, and discovered that the new one is huge compared to the old one (8MB against 200KB) just because it has lots of images for the Nokia N900 theme. Then, I went to the source code ("*.class" files), but it's unreadable. Why?

Does anybody near my timezone have Eric's beta to chat with me? I'd love to test it with Eric himself, but he's in the States and, while my client is online, he is sleeping!
    Last edited by jcmarcos; 08/29/2012 at 03:36 AM.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Easy peasy: Search for "peterbjornx". Go to Peter Bjorn's "Java WhatsApp port" thread over at "talk.maemo.org" (the same site that saw birth of Wazap). There you'll find the old version I'm using, thought there's at least an enhanced, more recent one that I've succesfully (and briefly) tested now. As you can see, his work is months old, but still works.

By the way, Peter also is a hardware guy...

I've decompressed both "jar" archives with 7zip, and discovered that the new one is huge compared to the old one (8MB against 200KB) just because it has lots of images for the Nokia N900 theme. Then, I went to the source code ("*.class" files), but it's unreadable. Why?

Does anybody near my timezone have Eric's beta to chat with me? I'd love to test it with Eric himself, but he's in the States and, while my client is online, he is sleeping!
    Thanks, but problem with Eric's pre alpha is that we cannot connect anymore to WhatsApp for whatever reason since sometime yesterday But since Peter Bjorn's "old" version still works, we'll need to have a look to see what causes the pre alpha not to connect anymore...

Wazapp seems to be down too, so I guess it's related. Once Wazapp fixes it, I'm sure eblade can fix ours too

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84318&page=284
    Last edited by Herrie; 08/29/2012 at 04:36 AM.
    problem with Eric's pre alpha is that we cannot connect anymore to WhatsApp for whatever reason since sometime yesterday
    But the several month old Java client is still working, at least messaging. Or your problem is again in registration? I can't check that.

Hi Marcos!

I'm a webOS developer from Barcelona, very interested in testing Eric's beta and chat with you, but I'm not Eric's betatester for now.

If Eric is reading this I'll be watching this thread.

Any way, thanks Eric for all your work, it's really amazing.

_________
    Pre, Pre2 and Pre3 on Movistar: Mobileng F1 2012, Gears Designer, Iso Tolerances...and more.
    Last edited by pitsop; 08/29/2012 at 04:46 AM.
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast