Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    Maybe someone could repost his PayPal account to continue his motivation. Good work.
    See his signature above... Link to eblade's PAYPAL is below as well:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=MQ9GPG3FTRDE2
    I also donated a little sum this morning, before knowing about the huge advancements. I will donate again soon.
    Meanwhile, on the silly side, may I suggest the name "WOSSapp"? Although, not being an app, but a Synergy plugin, there's no place for any name...
    I think Whazaa! is also quite good but like your suggestion too!
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Vistaus likes this.
    Brilliant work, webos community will be very happy for these great news.

Webzaaa!
    I just donated 30 dollars to eblade. Keep up the good work on this WhatsApp client, you're doing a fantastic job and I'm waiting anxiously for the client to hit beta
    When the beta hits, I'll donate another 30 dollars!
    "Webzapp"

Abrašos...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    I onestly think at this app name , dedicated to webOS :

webOSUP!

-- sent from my new iPad
    Last edited by wolfgart; 08/27/2012 at 05:42 PM.
    - HP Veer --
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post

[...]

It's still very alpha at the moment with no error checking whatsoever, layout needs improvement and many other things, but so far it works on Touchpad, Veer 2.1.2, Veer 2.2.4 and Pre 3.

[...]
    Please, let me know If you need to test it in a Pre2. I'll be very glad to help.

GOOD JOB!!!!!

Thank you
    I'm curious :

will allow this client (like iOS or Android) to view the contacts status like last time he was connected , if is now online , if has received the text ( with to checks usually ) etc...?

-- sent from my new iPad
    - HP Veer --
    i think that "wOsApp" could be a cool name!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    I'm curious :

will allow this client (like iOS or Android) to view the contacts status like last time he was connected , if is now online , if has received the text ( with to checks usually ) etc...?

-- sent from my new iPad
    Right now, i'm depending on using the webOS messaging system, which doesn't really have any way to add that sort of thing (unless i add a mark to the messages themselves, perhaps, but i think it'd have to be text, i don't think i can stick images into it.. but if i can .. i guess it'd work.).

Right at this time, it just always assumes that a message was sent, and so immediately marks it green in the messaging app. Now that I've verified that the communication stuff is actually working, and on other people's hardware not just my own, I can get down to the really time consuming stuff, like having it only green when the server accepts the message.

I'm also working out a second app that will probably be able to be launched from the main, that will take all the existing contacts on a device that have phone information, and adding whatsapp contact information, effectively doing pretty much the same thing that the other whatsapp programs do.

I really don't know about all the other contacts information -- while I do have it currently requesting "last seen" info on all contacts when it starts up, frankly, it feels like it's a complete waste of a lot of battery power and network bandwidth. Also, I've heard that only Palm apps are capable of manipulating the "who's online" list in the messenger, though I haven't specifically researched that.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    jcmarcos and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I've verified that the communication stuff is actually working, and on other people's hardware not just my own
    Teaserrrrr... :-)

I'm also working out a second app that will probably be able to be launched from the main, that will take all the existing contacts on a device that have phone information, and adding whatsapp contact information, effectively doing pretty much the same thing that the other whatsapp programs do.
    Very handy, although I'd prefer to add the WhatsApp information manually, contact by contact, from the regular edit contact app. Will that be possible? Also, I thought that what you just said was not possible: I was told that webOS doesn't give third party apps access to contacts.

I do have it currently requesting "last seen" info on all contacts when it starts up
    Nice too...

it feels like it's a complete waste of a lot of battery power and network bandwidth.
    ...I also agree. Moreso, WhatsApp, on Android at least, goes offline as soon as you put the device to sleep, and that would be too many events to process if you want it continously. By the way, can anybody tell me if messages sent to offline clients end up reaching them or not? Or they die if undelivered for a certain time? I guess WhatsApp servers can't store zillions of them forever.

I'm very glad that you take power and CPU resources into account while developing this. Just great!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    This is now the 1 thread of webosnation.

A great great work ! This app has 5.000.000 users in all the world and many of us must use it .

This work, dear eBlade and company , will give more life and breath to webOS platform .

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by wolfgart; 08/28/2012 at 03:05 AM.
    - HP Veer --
    Vistaus and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post

This work, dear eBlade and company , will give more life and breath to webOS platform .
    Totally agree!!
    Vistaus and Rnp like this.
    You could of course add contacts in the normal fashion. The additional app is a special that would have to be available only in Preware (I don't know if I'm going to put the main app up for Free in the main catalog or not, I'm really not sure if that would make me a target or not), and shows up to the system as a Palm app, so that it has access to all the info. In either case, I try to follow sane security guidelines, so I would not make the whole app have "root" access, just the part that loads the contacts data.

It also adds a contact automatically when someone sends you a message, which seems like something that would jive with how it generally works on other platforms. At least, it provides the system a way to display the name of the person who is sending you a message, which seems desireable.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    jcmarcos likes this.
    You could of course add contacts in the normal fashion. The additional app is a special that would have to be available only in Preware (I don't know if I'm going to put the main app up for Free in the main catalog or not, I'm really not sure if that would make me a target or not), and shows up to the system as a Palm app, so that it has access to all the info. In either case, I try to follow sane security guidelines, so I would not make the whole app have "root" access, just the part that loads the contacts data.

It also adds a contact automatically when someone sends you a message, which seems like something that would jive with how it generally works on other platforms. At least, it provides the system a way to display the name of the person who is sending you a message, which seems desireable.
    I would suggest NOT to ask any money for the app, because it would probably cause you issues with WhatsApp? I'd suggest to keep it for free and ask people to donate. This will probably cause you less trouble?

Currently it's not possible to add the xxxxxxxxx@s.whatsapp.net with "Whazaa!" contact type manually for IM? It is however possible to link the xxxxxxx@s.whatsapp.net to an existing contact and it will appear as "Whazaa!" contact type under IM...

I would think it should be possible to add the "Whazaa!" option to the list of available IM options by means of a patch?

I didn't check the 2.2.4 files yet, but I'm sure the options are in there somewhere so could be patched to allow "Whazaa!" as well? Possibly via Tweaks to enable it?
    noob question, sorry:

Does this need a wifi connection or can it send over the 3g/4g? (I thought , for instance, imessage could be sent over the 3g/4g but dont have an iphone so cant verify)
    Herrie,

The only way that I know of to add a contact as a Whazaa contact is to receive a message from them. In that situation, it will actually create a new contact automatically, if they aren't in there already (with the whatsapp IM and phone number filled in, so that the contact system will automatically associate them to any existing contacts with that number)

The app would definitely be free, I just haven't decided if I want to try to put it in the main catalog, or not. I can't seem to get anywhere with getting an app added to Preware, so I'm not really sure how to proceed with that.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Rnp and jcmarcos like this.
    Herrie,

The only way that I know of to add a contact as a Whazaa contact is to receive a message from them. In that situation, it will actually create a new contact automatically, if they aren't in there already (with the whatsapp IM and phone number filled in, so that the contact system will automatically associate them to any existing contacts with that number)

The app would definitely be free, I just haven't decided if I want to try to put it in the main catalog, or not. I can't seem to get anywhere with getting an app added to Preware, so I'm not really sure how to proceed with that.
    OK, clear, I'll look into the option of patching contacts app to allow manual addition when I get some time

I assume it would still work to send messages in case I add it manually?

With regards to submitting to Preware, please see the following topics:
    Submitting an app to preware

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...ion_to_Preware
    Last edited by Herrie; 08/28/2012 at 09:16 AM.
    Rnp likes this.
    I would note that neither of those pages link anywhere that actually works. Maybe I'm just dense.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast