Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Although, I have had a Palm Pre since launch and am a mobile app developer by trade, I have not been able to get the time to write my own app. I have finally written my own app for webOS. I have other apps planned, but I thought I would start somewhat simple.

It is called Today's Purchases and is in the Palm Beta distribution. It's a fairly simple app to help you record your purchases for the day. It allows you to add and remove purchases. Create reminders to record your purchases and to show them to the person doing the checkbook. Many enhancements are planned and I would love to hear feedback and how to make it better.

http ://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.dc.todayspurchases.beta

Edit: 04-25

Accidentally only set the model to Pixi so not it is the Pre and Pixi.
    Change version to V0.5.1
    - This version has Tap on Record Reminder takes you to the Add Purchase Scene

Edit: 04-27

Version: v0.5.2

Feature: Total of Purchases for the time period is shown in dividers

Fix: Multiple Add Purchase scenes being shown
    Fix: All numbers have two decimal places
    Fix: Deleting a purchase showed two purchases being removed although only one purchase was actually removed. One purchase is now removed.

Edit: 05-03

V 0.5.3 - Major changes to the underlying storage. This COULD cause existing purchases to be LOST though in my tests, they imported correctly. Please backup your purchases if needed.

New Features:

* Categories are now available.
    * Categories and Places are saved for quick access.
    * Tapping on a divider on the Purchases List will give a popup with options to email, sms, or remove all purchases for this divider. The email and sms options do not yet give you any control over formatting or the recipients. No recipients are specified at this time. That will come in a future update.
    * Existing purchases are now editable.

Fix: Swiping back from an empty Add Purchase scene would add an empty purchase.

v.0.5.4
    New Features:
    * New look with icons replacing some text and a hopefully more pleasing outlook
    * Payment method can be specified
    * Allowances per week and per day can now be set in Preferences. If set, an arrow will appear on the divider.

Fixed a few bugs reported by users

v.0.5.5 -- Most likely last version before submitting to Official App Catalog
    New Features:
    – Set weekly allowance begin date
    – Category and Places editor: You can now edit, rearrange, add, and delete categories and places for the Recent lists
    – Help topics: I have added some help topics that should cover all of the features of the app.
    – Set week start day: If you have a weekly allowance, you can now set a different day than Sunday for the week beginning. i.e Friday.

Bug:
    – Better handling of the loading from the db … May fix issue with not loading from db
    – Fixed showing the “Loading…” text when there are purchases entered.
    Last edited by DCForever; 08/08/2010 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Update details for new version.
    Good luck, I'll check it out!
    Would be happy to check this out. Found it on preware which sent me to the app catalog which said it was "not available for my model"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Would be happy to check this out. Found it on preware which sent me to the app catalog which said it was "not available for my model"
    Same problem for me....I'm in the US, it should work.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I accidentally set the models supported to Pixi only. I have fixed it so that it is for the Pre as well. It should be up in 2 hours or so.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    A new version, v0.5.2, is in the Beta catalog. See first post for details. Thanks to everyone who is using it and giving feedback.
    I tried using this. Doesn't look like you can edit entries or delete entries. If that is true, I suggest adding both features.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    New version coming tonight I hope.
    It will add Categories as well as showing a list of previous Categories and Places used. I am also making the dividers tapable. This will allow you to email or SMS the purchases under that divider. It will allow you to send all of the purchases under the divider, but you will be able to edit the email or SMS or course. IN the future, I will probably add more granular control for older entries.
    Major change to the underlying storage. It should import your existing items, but it could fail or they may not show up till the second launch for some reason.

@bluenote Deleting works as far as I know. It is a swipe to delete. I did not enable editing since I kind of think of the purchase as set in stone, but I could do it.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I have posted a new version. See first post for details. Please let me know of other features or issues.
    not a valid webos app
    yes would be good to edit
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    It should be ready now. Yesterday, the App catalog was having issues which they fixed last night.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    So after using v 0.5.3 for a few days, are there any bugs you have noticed or features that you would like next?

I do plan to add a place to enter the item(s) purchased. It will probably be just a single line or it could be multiline if people are planning to enter several items.
    I will get back to you end of next week after I record trip expenses
    Looks good, I like the "where" line and I used it to add a description of the item.

I liked the fact that the items totalled and I could see the list on one screen.

I think it would be good if we could also edit the categories--somehow I ended up with 8 categories that were the same...
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Thanks bluenote for the feedback.

I think I need to fix the duplication finding of the categories and places. I think eventually they will be editable, but for the moment, I will probably order the popup lists by most used and limit them to about 15 or so.

I am adding an item field and a method of payment as well.

I want rework the interface a bit. I am probably going to make the list items when tapped expand to show the entire purchase details then have an edit button that can be tapped to edit it.
    Last edited by DCForever; 05/11/2010 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Clarified some meanings
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I forgot to post v0.5.4 changelist here so I have updated the OP. However, I have just uploaded v0.5.5(changelist in OP) which has a few new features requested. I also have I believe fixed a bug where sometimes purchases would not show up.

I have just submitted it so check in a few hours for availability.

Please check it out and leave feedback. This is probably the last version before entering the catalog.