1.    #1  
    TOday's statement from Dataviz about webOS development tells us more than just dataviz halting docs2go development.... i think it is representative of what the developer sentiment is regarding webOS. I think this is a bigger problem for Palm, bigger than not selling enough Pre's

Look closely though.... it seems that they may be implying not necessarily the death of webOS but the near possibility of having webOS on a different hardware aside from just pre's and pixi's... i would dare say that they know a buyout is pending, and that webOS will be on other devices.

Quote:
    However, given the current environment at Palm, as well as the necessary collaboration with the device manufacturer that is required to bring an app like ours to a platform like webOS, our Documents To Go editor product for webOS is essentially at a standstill.
    Dataviz is just waiting to see what palms reaction is, and to see if palm would license their software under the palm brand or something, or maybe some motivation money from palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    TOday's statement from Dataviz about webOS development tells us more than just dataviz halting docs2go development.... i think it is representative of what the developer sentiment is regarding webOS. I think this is a bigger problem for Palm, bigger than not selling enough Pre's

Look closely though.... it seems that they may be implying not necessarily the death of webOS but the near possibility of having webOS on a different hardware aside from just pre's and pixi's... i would dare say that they know a buyout is pending, and that webOS will be on other devices.

Quote:
    that is some quality forum rumor mongering, tip o the hat to you sir, tp I the hat to you.

man when HTC PrEVO comes out in slider format it will be killer.
  4.    #4  
    just reading between the lines :P
    Halting it? It's pretty clear from their statement in my mind that they never really had any intention of starting it.
    So the only way by now is running "classic" Docs2go... It's version 11, right now.
    Sorry if this has been asked before. Is there a full functioning Pre Plus app similar to DataViz's DocumentsToGo, which I used on my old Treo?
    nope. eventually you will get it with webOS 2.0 first as a viewer and eventually as an editor. There are some good editors in the current app catalog, but they aren't exchanging documents with word/excel etc like we did on our treos.
    documents 2 gone...
    <<threads merged>>