Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This thread has been very useful, maybe not for what it was intended for...but still very useful. Thanx!!!
  2.    #22  
    I just got an email from Glu Mobile, and they said their games don't have cheat codes. You have to earn everything and beat the games to Unlock new features. So I guess that is it for now. The posters that said there is no cheat codes are right, I guess. The cheats found within the "Driver" game can be unlocked after a users beats certain levels, or beats the whole game. Which is fine, because that game is still a lot of fun. Driver is my second favorite Gameloft game; just a little bit ahead of Gangstar.

Oh well, at least I know the answer to this now. Again, thanks for everyones help!

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Actually, Palm is sent a report from your phone every single day, which records exactly what apps you have installed, and even when you started and stopped each app.

Look for '/usr/bin/contextupload' and '/etc/event.d/uploadd' ...

-- Rod
    Do you know how much info Palm gathers? Is it just what apps are being used and when, or can they read personal emails, or anything like that? I don't mind the app monitoring, I just don't want my personal emails and text messages read by some unknown persons.

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Do you know how much info Palm gathers? Is it just what apps are being used and when, or can they read personal emails, or anything like that? I don't mind the app monitoring, I just don't want my personal emails and text messages read by some unknown persons.
    I have not seen any evidence of such, and I would be extremely surprised if an honest and upstanding company like Palm did such a thing with your personal data.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I have not seen any evidence of such, and I would be extremely surprised if an honest and upstanding company like Palm did such a thing with your personal data.

-- Rod
    That's what I thought. I do trust Palm, I just wanted to know what info they gather. I know they gather App and GPS location data; or at least that is what I was told by a Palm Tech Rep. I don't mind that at all, because that can help make Palm's service better. I just don't want to find out one day that my info was leaked, like what happen to Paris Hilton and her T-Mobile Sidekick. I doubt that would ever happen, but I wanted to ask. I would agree with you that the odds are Palm wouldn't do anything like that.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 04/29/2010 at 10:16 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12