1.    #1  
    I'm on Sprint runnung 1.4.1 in New York City, and am having a problem with Google Maps. When searching for directions for public transportation, it does not bring back the route. It says "routing" then either nothing comes up, or it says "an error occurred." And also, searching for driving directions, it often has been displaying the "unable to calculate directions between..."

Anyone else having this problem? Any resolution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I'm in tampa florida. Same problem
    +1
    im in nyc, and my google maps wont even open. it says "you need an internet connection."

then if i go into card view and back into google maps, it loads the map for a second and then back to "you need internet connection."

sheesh. i tried restarting the device, and i tried turning on and off location services, and i tried removing "GPS in device menu"
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Austin, TX - same issue. I'm flying to DC tomorrow and was hoping to be able to use public transit directions to get around. This is a huge disappointment!

Car and walking directions work fine - its just public transportation thats broken. So its unlikely GPS or network issues - probably something on Google's side. Any way to report a bug?

My friend said he was having issues with Google Maps on the computer yesterday as well with similar behavior. I'm sure this is Google's problem - somehow. Hopefully they fix it soon.
    Last edited by sagaciousb; 04/22/2010 at 01:24 PM.
    Same problem in San Diego. I take piblic transit every day and rely on this tool. Anyone contacted Google yet?
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Same problem here, but it seems to be opening faster. Where it was taking 15 - 20 seconds to open, now it's taking 7 - 8 seconds. So, maybe Google is doing something. I guess we have to wait and see how it plays out.
    tthere are some good (and free) appps for te nyc subway. That's what I use.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    In KC and am seeing the 'need internet' message as well.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    *Update*

I went to the Google home page and signed out, and the google maps app is now working properly.
    i'm in UK on O2 and 1.4.1

same "requires internet" problem.... tried the signing in and out thing, nearly worked (got a bit of a map) but then reverted to the error page...

I spent over an hour on the phone to O2 looking for help... in the end the guy said he was basically searching google for ideas! not much use. then i tried palm online chat help, they said doctor the phone, so i did, and still no better!

just been on a google help forum, no further ideas there, someone even quoted an idea from this forum of logging in and out of google.com!

any new ideas I'd love to hear, but i do think the solution will be an update from google...
    I decided to try the Google Maps public transit directions on my Pre just on a whim and its works! Looks like somebody fixed it, don't want to get ahead of myself, so go ahead and try it out, see if your phones are working now too.
    Quote Originally Posted by kdoggg View Post
    i'm in UK on O2 and 1.4.1

I spent over an hour on the phone to O2 looking for help... in the end the guy said he was basically searching google for ideas! not much use. then i tried palm online chat help, they said doctor the phone, so i did, and still no better!
    I spoke to a person called an "O2 GURU" who informed me that if my sim card was old it would not reach the same data speeds as a new one... so one new sim card later and google maps is working a treat!

suggest anyone in uk struggling with it should check out the age of thier sim! new one was free!

;-)