Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1.    #1  
    Hi All,

    The story of the death of Palm and webOS, is a bunch of baloney!

    Palm webOS is here to stay, otherwise how else can you explain why we added 124 more apps in the past week?

    On April 13th we had 3044 apps.
    Today April 21, we have 3170 apps.

    That is plus 124 apps, in a week!!!! None of these companies would bother to do so, unless they were sure that webOS and Palm were here to stay!

    We will shortly see the results of Palm Developer Days, as Palm has shown that 3 D games, which are rather complex in programing, can be ported in as little as a week. I would think that less complex programs willl port much faster. The result will be a much faster increase of apps in the next few weeks!

    Let us not forget that we have tens of thousands of legacy apps as well! Take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  2. #2  
    ok.....
  3. #3  
    Good times! but! I need more.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
  4. #4  
    Hey, I think it's great!
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  5. #5  
    What a nice cheerful person
  6. #6  
    Um, you call those apps?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Um, you call those apps?
    I have been enjoying that chain rxn app.
  8. #8  
    Pandora is one of the oldest for the Pre, and still one of the best out of a murky, murky bunch.
    Sorry, OP.
    It's been a year now, and we're still waiting for something substantial.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Um, you call those apps?
    Hi, please keep in mind, I do not yet own a Pre. I would love to, but alas, I still have until the middle of Oct of this year, until I get upgrade from my trusty Centro. I can upgrade on V in August. However, Sprint's pricing works out better for me.

    I hope by that time there will be at least 1,500 more apps, (more than likely much more than that) and the PRE II or what ever they will be calling it.

    In the meantime, I am having a great time keeping track of the #'s, b/c almost every article you see, says there are hardly any apps.

    BTW I think Palm should have stressed the legacy apps along with the new ones. That way there ate tens of thousands of apps.

    In the meantime have a good one! , take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi, please keep in mind, I do not yet own a Pre. I would love to, but alas, I still have until the middle of Oct of this year, until I get upgrade from my trusty Centro. I can upgrade on V in August. However, Sprint's pricing works out better for me.

    I hope by that time there will be at least 1,500 more apps, (more than likely much more than that) and the PRE II or what ever they will be calling it.

    In the meantime, I am having a great time keeping track of the #'s, b/c almost every article you see, says there are hardly any apps.

    BTW I think Palm should have stressed the legacy apps along with the new ones. That way there ate tens of thousands of apps.

    In the meantime have a good one! , take care, Jay
    Well alrighty then.
  11. #11  
    Big deal for Palm, yet Apple adds thousands of apps per day...
  12. #12  
    I wish there was away to go through all the crappy apps and delete them so they don't show up in my searches anymore.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    yeahhh im so excited lol apps crap apps i mean apps
    I'm still waiting for the video of you smashing your Pre. ETA?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'm still waiting for the video of you smashing your Pre. ETA?
    ditto...

    i call him throwing it at the ground, pre bounces back up and?!?!? NUTSHOT!


    one last win for the pre
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mairboy View Post
    I wish there was away to go through all the crappy apps and delete them so they don't show up in my searches anymore.
    Or at least give a brief description line for each app in the search results so I don't have to open each one to see what it does.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi, please keep in mind, I do not yet own a Pre. I would love to, but alas, I still have until the middle of Oct of this year, until I get upgrade from my trusty Centro. ...
    Don't worry about it. Those that talk about the "crap apps" totally ignore the excellent apps that are appearing for the Pre. Numerous games, but some of the others that come to mind are Outline Tracker, Geo Strings, Twee, the updated Facebook app, JVault - these are just a few off the top of my head.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Big deal for Palm, yet Apple adds thousands of apps per day...
    And the point would be?? Seriously, how does how many apps any other device has affect what I've got for my Pre. Unless you are one of those that sits backs and moans because someone has "more", how does Apple add anything affect a Pre owner?
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And the point would be?? Seriously, how does how many apps any other device has affect what I've got for my Pre. Unless you are one of those that sits backs and moans because someone has "more", how does Apple add anything affect a Pre owner?
    I'm perfectly happy with my Pre and will most likely get the "C40", but nowadays mass consumers looking at smartphones make their choice based on apps. I had so much confidence in Palm's success with sales and developers back in January, but that optimism has turned into pessimism. Sales are low, marketshare is low, and because of that, developers are skipping webOS for Android (for now, at least). My point is I now don't see a reason to get excited for the slow trickle of Appible and Brighthouse apps over the past few weeks. If sales magically step up (hopefully with the next device) or Palm manages to bribe developers to port apps over with the PDK, and we get at least 20 new apps per day on average (is that terrible to ask for at this point?) then we can all get excited for Palm's and webOS's future.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi All,

    The story of the death of Palm and webOS, is a bunch of baloney!

    Palm webOS is here to stay, otherwise how else can you explain why we added 124 more apps in the past week?

    On April 13th we had 3044 apps.
    Today April 21, we have 3170 apps.

    That is plus 124 apps, in a week!!!! None of these companies would bother to do so, unless they were sure that webOS and Palm were here to stay!

    We will shortly see the results of Palm Developer Days, as Palm has shown that 3 D games, which are rather complex in programing, can be ported in as little as a week. I would think that less complex programs willl port much faster. The result will be a much faster increase of apps in the next few weeks!

    Let us not forget that we have tens of thousands of legacy apps as well! Take care, jay
    Are the apps worth anthing?
    Maybe a half a dozen apps that are actually worth anything.
    Hell even the cool apps that we do have don't have the functionality and niceness of the same app for the iphone (and I'm sure Android)

    Palm is more then likely dead. Developers don't spend a dime of time on creating anything worth me even looking at.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    Are the apps worth anthing?
    Maybe a half a dozen apps that are actually worth anything.
    Hell even the cool apps that we do have don't have the functionality and niceness of the same app for the iphone (and I'm sure Android)

    Palm is more then likely dead. Developers don't spend a dime of time on creating anything worth me even looking at.
    I have to disagree about Android. Most of those apps are OOGLYY. A great example is the Weather Channel app, it looks terrible on Android.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions