Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    Are the apps worth anthing?
    Maybe a half a dozen apps that are actually worth anything.
    Hell even the cool apps that we do have don't have the functionality and niceness of the same app for the iphone (and I'm sure Android)

Palm is more then likely dead. Developers don't spend a dime of time on creating anything worth me even looking at.
    So much for having a postitve outlook on things! BTW look at all of the apps for the Iphone. Talk about finding a lot of junk. All of the so called app stores for all smart phones have good and bad, but do you think you could be a bit happy about any of them?
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    So much for having a postitve outlook on things! BTW look at all of the apps for the Iphone. Talk about finding a lot of junk. All of the so called app stores for all smart phones have good and bad, but do you think you could be a bit happy about any of them?
    Yeah there are alot of crap apps on Iphone I'm sure as there are a bunch of complete morons who waste their times making stupid apps (seriously how many tipping apps do we need?), but there are tons of apps that are actually important and useful to those that work for a living like Yammer and Linkedin that even if they are made, they don't have near the functionality of the same app on Iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by mairboy View Post
    I wish there was away to go through all the crappy apps and delete them so they don't show up in my searches anymore.
    There is a patch that will allow you to hide certain app vendors.

If you hide Brighthouse Labs, Dijit, and Appible that would eliminate probably 75% of the crap apps right there.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Big deal for Palm, yet Apple adds thousands of apps per day...
    thousands of app per day!!!! That would make it at least 2000 a day, and they only have 100000 +- so that means the ipooone has only been getting apps for 50days ????

the iphone gets on avr. 150per day.

as for te quality of the apps it's the same all over
  5.    #25  
    Yeah there are alot of crap apps on Iphone I'm sure as there are a bunch of complete morons who waste their times making stupid apps (seriously how many tipping apps do we need?), but there are tons of apps that are actually important and useful to those that work for a living like Yammer and Linkedin that even if they are made, they don't have near the functionality of the same app on Iphone.
    Rome was not built over night. In addition, even if Palm does not make it, the webOS osftware is not going away!!!!!!!!!!! Palm has a great number of patents and a software system that is easy to use and allows for very quick and easy porting.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    [QUOTE
    as for te quality of the apps it's the same all over[/QUOTE]

Not true
    [QUOTE
    read

http://www.cracked.com/article_16796_15-most-completely-useless-iphone-apps.html

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10013834-1.html

google around a little

Not true[/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    [/QUOTE]

But the problem is Iphone has many more apps that are much more useful then the best app available on the Pre.
  9.    #29  
    But the problem is Iphone has many more apps that are much more useful then the best app available on the Pre.[/QUOTE]

It is less than a year, give it a little time!
    But the problem is Iphone has many more apps that are much more useful then the best app available on the Pre.
    It is less than a year, give it a little time![/QUOTE]

LOL, It's not a matter of time, it's a matter of market share. Palm is never going to have enough market share to make it worthwhile for the developers.
    Plus Apple charges twice as much on avg. for their apps, good and bad.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    thousands of app per day!!!! That would make it at least 2000 a day, and they only have 100000 +- so that means the ipooone has only been getting apps for 50days ????

the iphone gets on avr. 150per day.

Neowin.net - Apple approves nearly 1400 Apps in one day

And in less than two months they've grown from 140,000 apps to over 180,000 today. Even still, 150 apps per day from Palm would make me and the general public very happy.
    Here is why Palm will not have many great apps. directly from the keyboard of a developer.

Palm Pre and Pixi are declining in popularity and we do not have plans to support them. Having said that, third party developers are welcome to use our API to develop Palm apps.

JonG
    Admin of Yammer
    Here is why Palm will not have many great apps. directly from the keyboard of a developer.

Palm Pre and Pixi are declining in popularity and we do not have plans to support them. Having said that, third party developers are welcome to use our API to develop Palm apps.

JonG
    Admin of Yammer
    that's dissapointing, sure.

but then, this

http://m.flickr.com/photos/sophistechate/4546291328/

is encouraging.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    that's dissapointing, sure.

but then, this

Welcome to Flickr!

is encouraging.

A room full of schmoes that want to learn how to make a tipping calculator?
    ... really, it does.

BUT we could use some of the following (and if I've missed something, I'm sorry - I regulalry find things by searching but the following... not so much:

SKYPE for WebOS. I don't care who/how - it would also sell more phones!
    A real RDP client.
    A 'king application that takes the alchemy out of backing up the damn phone (incl SMS)!

Reason for last part of rant: I call up Palm for support. They actually called back. Wanted me to DR the phone... but were nice enough to warn me that all SMS messages, patches, etc would disappear. I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THERE IS NO BACK-UP APP FOR THIS! How seriously can I take this vendor if that simple requirement (which was always part of Palm/Treo syn's before) is not there?!

OK, I'm done... breathe, etc.

russ
    A room full of schmoes that want to learn how to make a tipping calculator?
    no, a room full of devs that want to make useful things like a yammer client.

sorry but it's not schmoes it's developers, working on all manner of webOS apps.
  18.    #38  
    Look some app that is junk to you, may not be junk to someone else!
  19.    #39  
    I still say, Rome was not built overnight. I am not thrilled at how slow Pre sales are, but there is still going to be a Pre II.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Big deal for Palm, yet Apple adds thousands of apps per day...
    Most of them are crap and will be outdated when their next OS comes out this summer.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast