1.    #1  
    Maybe I just missed this but I need help please.
    My office voice mail e-mails me when someone leaves a message.
    Attached to the e-mail is the Wav file.
    So I open it on my Pre then "click" on the attachment to down load the file.
    The file downloads and then I have a "play" button on the screen, but when I "click" it nothing happens, no sound, but the Pre thinks it is playing it becasue when I cleick it again it shows a Pause button.
    Is there any way I can get these wav files to play?
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sirtronics View Post
    Maybe I just missed this but I need help please.
    My office voice mail e-mails me when someone leaves a message.
    Attached to the e-mail is the Wav file.
    So I open it on my Pre then "click" on the attachment to down load the file.
    The file downloads and then I have a "play" button on the screen, but when I "click" it nothing happens, no sound, but the Pre thinks it is playing it becasue when I cleick it again it shows a Pause button.
    Is there any way I can get these wav files to play?
    Wav files are supported, so I'll ask what should be an obvious question, but you've confirmed that your volume is up high enough and that your speaker is working properly, right? You can hear other sound files when you play them? I guess it's possible that the wav format your voicemail system uses is somehow incompatible with the codec Palm uses to play wav files.... Assuming you know your speaker is working and volume is up high enough, another idea would be checking out a service such as vm2wm which would convert the attachment to another audio format, say mp3, and then forward it to you. Your voicemail forwarding would seem the same upon your receipt, but you'd just be receiving the attachment in a different format.
    There is a plugin in preware for these types of wav files. Its called GSM WAV Codec, try that.
  4.    #4  
    downloaded and it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    There is a plugin in preware for these types of wav files. Its called GSM WAV Codec, try that.
    I can't find this patch in preware on my Pixi and I get an error installing it from WebOSQI

Please help
  6. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LouB View Post
    I can't find this patch in preware on my Pixi and I get an error installing it from WebOSQI

Please help
    Make sure you have the WebOS Internals feed updating and showing in Preware. That's where it's listed.
    Ay,

It's not there on my Pixi, and I have all the feed on an updating.

Could it be a Pre only thing ??

this is the error I get when using WebOSUI

8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Ay,

It's not there on my Pixi, and I have all the feed on an updating.

Could it be a Pre only thing ??

this is the error I get when using WebOSUI

Try downloading the attached, unzip it to your desktop, and then install it via WebOS QuickInstall, and see if that works for you?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Should that inside the zip have an ipk extension ??

if so... that didn't work either I get an:

ipkg: invalid magic
    An error ocurred, return value 22.

and my pixi reboots.
  10. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Should that inside the zip have an ipk extension ??

if so... that didn't work either I get an:

ipkg: invalid magic
    An error ocurred, return value 22.

and my pixi reboots.
    No - don't add an ipk extension. Just try it as is.
    without the ipk extension WebOSQI ignores it.. I can't drag/drop it or add file. If I tell the dialog *.* for file and select it it does not load it into WebOS UI

Appreciate the help... this is really something I need on my Pixi for VM. I know it works with my VM system because a Preware load of it on my wifes Pre functions.

Lou
  12. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    without the ipk extension WebOSQI ignores it.. I can't drag/drop it or add file. If I tell the dialog *.* for file and select it it does not load it into WebOS UI

Appreciate the help... this is really something I need on my Pixi for VM. I know it works with my VM system because a Preware load of it on my wifes Pre functions.

Lou
    Sorry - I wish I had another idea. I don't have a Pixi (I have a Pre), so I'm not sure about getting it to work on a Pixi. I'm not sure why I would be able to find it in Preware on a Pre, but you can't on a Pixi? Are you searching for GSM on the first page in Preware? Make sure you search for GSM - for some reason, if I search for GSM wave, it's not found, but GSM works....
    Yeah it seems to only be in the pre feed not the pixi feed and I don't think you can add the prefeed to the pixi.

Thanks for trying I sent a private mail to the OP of the patch.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    LouB (first of all congrads) I've been writing about this problem for a month and never got a response.

Second can you keep me informed if you DO get a solution.

Thanks
    No Word... It works on the wife's Pre so I really could use this.
    Hey, wow.

People actually use this thing?

Sorry, I kinda quit on compatibility testing once it was packaged and working for the Pre.

It was originally just a proof-of-concept that new codecs /could/ be added to the existing webOS media framework.

The package is purposely made in such a way that it can not be installed on the Pixi. The elements in the package being used to decode gsmwav audio are specifically compiled to work on the Pre architecture.

That being said, it wouldn't take much to revisit this and have it building to work with the Pixi. I'm personally going to be super busy the next 5 days, but I'll see if I get the urge to try to get this working.

Otherwise, anyone really can do it, they just need some gstreamer and arm knowledge.

I'll try to post back in this thread when I get to it.
    Bringing you the first video recorder (Precorder), the first SDL application/game (DOOM), the first "make my magicjack/corporate voicemail play on my webos phone thingy" (gsm codec package), and now, webos's first opensource media recorder (voice and stream!) -> zcorder
    Ok, so apparently I already built the binaries to be architecture agnostic.

I need someone with a pixi to install the new pacakge via preware and let me know the results (I don't have a pixi to test on).

It should show up in preware within the hour (don't forget to update your feeds).
    Bringing you the first video recorder (Precorder), the first SDL application/game (DOOM), the first "make my magicjack/corporate voicemail play on my webos phone thingy" (gsm codec package), and now, webos's first opensource media recorder (voice and stream!) -> zcorder
    Sorry I have been away.. I'll check it out in the AM.

Many, Many thanks for doing this.

Lou
    works perfectly !! Can't say thank you enough... Is there a donate I can do ?

thanks
    lou
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Thank you Prenosicator. Works on my Pixi also.

I hope PALM knows about this and purchases your fix to place in 1.4.5 if it ever shows in the US.