1.    #1  
    this supposed .4 of an upgrade from 1.1.6 to 1.2 seems to only make everything a lil smoother and pimps out the top right menu system with button presses and highlight the current page you are viewing but what about clearing updates you've viewed by clicking the notification or fixing the photo comment bug & not just covering it up with a notification of the photo loading error instead of nothing. It's almost there but they just seemed to have improved on the wrong areas which would make it more functionalable and I guess a tad less spiffy
    the 1.1.6 is from the beta, that didn't get updated. Only the official in app store version got updated. It actually went from 1.1 to 1.2, definitely a difference from official 1.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by lyontree View Post
    this supposed .4 of an upgrade from 1.1.6 to 1.2 seems to only make everything a lil smoother and pimps out the top right menu system with button presses and highlight the current page you are viewing but what about clearing updates you've viewed by clicking the notification or fixing the photo comment bug & not just covering it up with a notification of the photo loading error instead of nothing. It's almost there but they just seemed to have improved on the wrong areas which would make it more functionalable and I guess a tad less spiffy
    you do know that the BETA version was the one in 1.1.6 not the official facebook app?
  4.    #4  
    yea I know this of course, I don't think you guys understand what imm saying.. From 1.1 to 1.2 it is an upgrade but for people following through beta you are following all those updates in between and they haven't fix or made some of these new updates functional even after this out of beta release.. Seems like removing a button, adding button presses, highlighting current page & some bug fixes, the first three should have been added later and they should have dedicated that whole upgrade to the crazy bugs in there app..let alone adding the rest of the functionality of facebook like who likes ur posts, adding or ignoring friend request which was supposedly talked about as a feature on the precentral front page when 1.1.x beta(s) came out
    Give the Palm Dev Team a little break. I'm sure 1.2 won't be the last update. They're really busy getting new developers on-board, doing excellent training in conjunction with Stanford, etc.

I'd like to see the same level of effort put into improving/enhancing other core apps, specifically messaging (SMS and IM), email, calendar and contacts. Of course a mic API and voice calling/recognition are also sorely needed.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Dude, seriously. It wasn't an upgrade to the Beta. It was a huge and badly need upgrade to the non-beta version. Complaining that it wasn't much of an upgrade to the beta is kinda silly.

Now, if they'd done that to the BETA version, I could see your point. They're separate apps with separate app-id's in the store tho, so you can't really consider them one and the same.

dg: I don't think the FB app devs work on the core api. So development on the palm app is not taking away from development on the api.
    You're not understanding what the point releases represent, the beta numbers have no real meaning besides they are incrementing toward another public release, they could potentially release a 1.21 beta and then a 1.3 release and those two version could be exactly the same as well

If your with the beta release, just stick with that, it'll always be ahead of the public release and at worst be tied.
    cut them some slack. It's a good update. Maybe not what you were looking for but it's a move in the right direction. Mic API would rule though but that's a different topic.
    From 1.1 to 1.2 is an update in my book. Not only by numbers, but in functionality...they are getting there...closer.
  10.    #10  
    while there were some good points made & without knocking the developers which are great for what they're doing but in my opinion there were one or 2 things that were mandatory for the new notification functionality..nothing new as far as features go just stability on the notification end because they have seemed to make everything else alot more stable..
    Quote Originally Posted by lyontree View Post
    Also, just to pick a nit, even were the beta app and the public app on the same release number track, we're not talking about a 0.4 version-number bump, we're talking about a 0.0.4 bump from 1.1.6 to 1.2.
    1.1.6 to 1.2 is a .04 upgrade IMO

Either way stop complaining...
  13.    #13  
    its a nice upgrade and all..maybe I'm the only one who uses this app and feels its not ready or complete up to the current features it advertises as of 1.2. yes i know its a 0.0.4 upgrade which seems to have went to menu options instead of more bug fixes..whenever someone expresses an opinion on here it's very quick to be taken personal towards developers or whomever and really its just a simple expression of a longtime Pre user who isn't entirely happy with this particular app but otherwise the Pre is amazing.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I just ditched my Touch Pro 2 to come back to my palm pre. The Facebook for Windows Mo isn't even close to the app for the pre. On Win mo it is nearly useless. So I like the new app.
    Treo 300, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700P, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, HTC Mogul, Motorola Q9c, HTC Advantage, Treo 800w, Touch Pro, Treo Pro, Touch Diamond, Palm Pre, Touch Pro 2, and Palm Pre
    I'll cut them some slack in that it's the best looking fb app I've seen, I much prefer it over the iphone version, which is pretty damn good imo. But the app itself is almost useless, it's so glitchy I really don't even bother to use it for anything other than status updates on the fly.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    speaking of the update NOT really being much of an update, has anyone else had problems uploading videos today? I have been unable to upload to any service today except Tweed and in that instance, I can't view the video from the Pre since it plays on a flash 'box'

Anyone? Beuhler?
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    For me, there are many profiles that won't load, including my own. when i click the profile button for myself, it never loads the wall info. Also does that for many of my friends.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    For me I keep getting "Error Unable to load photo". It doesn't matter if it's a photo that a friend posted or one that I posted. It's very frustrating. And the only way to clear out the notification is to click on the link. Which is pointless for me because the links don't work. I've tried to uninstall/reinstall and that didn't work.

Side rant: why can't sending a photo to Facebook through the camera app allow me to add a caption to the photo before sending? (unless I'm not seeing something)