Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    It seems to be just the notifications about photos that have the issue. I can open photos from posts just fine.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Facebook app is basically useless.

Just use Facebook.com's mobile site until Palm developers sober up.
    Developer tells me that the photo notifications error is due to permissions they are trying to get around and they are working on it. Nice to have them being so active on this app!
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I dont no why we cant get push notifcations.. Email does it, so it cant be that much of a battery drain can it?
    The server has to push the notification to the client. Does Facebook push notifications? I don't think so...
    Quote Originally Posted by remusomega View Post
    Facebook app is basically useless.

Just use Facebook.com's mobile site until Palm developers sober up.
    What features do you find lacking? Chat is about the only thing I can think of at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Also, they removed the Notifications icon from the main menu page..
    I noticed that as well. I'm guessing it was removed either by accident or because you can just click the globe icon on the left side of the title bar. You can also get there through the pull-down menu on the top left, Navigate To... menu item.

Is it just me or does the photo viewer seem much faster and smoother?
    Quote Originally Posted by meandmypre View Post
    I noticed that as well. I'm guessing it was removed either by accident or because you can just click the globe icon on the left side of the title bar. You can also get there through the pull-down menu on the top left, Navigate To... menu item.

Is it just me or does the photo viewer seem much faster and smoother?
    I noticed the same. The last couple versions, a photo loads blurry and stays that way for like 10+ seconds. In this version, 2-3 seconds again. Much better!
    I was hoping that there would be a way to view comments on photos when you get the notification, but I'll still have to go to the browser based version for that I guess. It is certainly getting more and more useful though... and more reliable! Thanks Palm!
    Glad they added some notifications, its a nice and needed improvement. I really wish they would overhaul this though, even with notifications added its still pretty lacking. I love the layout of the app, and would use it all the time, its just still very buggy and far from functional.
    Updated without a problem... Finding everything just fine... however I am having an issue with loading up the wall posts of certain friends... Only happens on some friends walls, very few not all but nonetheless a problem... It loads up everything else from these particular friends like info and pics but the wall hangs with the dreaded swirl of death... anybody else having this issue?
    Last edited by starkillers; 04/20/2010 at 11:38 PM. Reason: typo
    Im not able to load anything. It sits "loading" the main screen of the live feed (the little loader keeps spinning) and nothing happens. It has all the updates since before the update to the new version loaded, nothing new... and there's plenty new. Anyone else experiencing this? Any things I've done wrong?
    i still keep getting an error message when trying to log in >
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    I've been using the Beta versions, and it's nice to see the 1.2 come out. However, I was hoping to see a little more similarity between the way notifications work in the app (and I really like the app otherwise) and the web page. For example, if I get five notifications that five comments have been made regarding the same status, simply clicking on one of those alerts will clear them all on the web page. However, if I want the stupid red number to go away, I have to click on every single one of them. Seems like the QC people aren't actually using the app on their own FB accounts, otherwise this would work differently. Also, if I've viewed the notifications list, I don't need to see those same notifications as webOS notifications 20 minutes later. Just sayin'....
    I am having problems with certain friend's photo albums being inaccessible. When I attempt to open a photos from the news feed, it gets stuck with the blurry picture and I cannot view any thumbnails. When I attempt to view that friend's photo albums, none of them appear. I can view the photos and albums using the regular web site. I suspect this is related to the permission problem preventing people from viewing a photos from the notification.

Is anybody else seeing this behavior?
    I am having problems with certain friend's photo albums being inaccessible. When I attempt to open a photos from the news feed, it gets stuck with the blurry picture and I cannot view any thumbnails. When I attempt to view that friend's photo albums, none of them appear. I can view the photos and albums using the regular web site. I suspect this is related to the permission problem preventing people from viewing a photos from the notification.

Is anybody else seeing this behavior?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I have never been able to log in. I get the exception that was posted before. I see many reviewers have had the same issue. And then I see some snarky posts from people saying why don't you figure it out yourself and use some basic problem solving skills.

So, I am an *****... can someone please provide the secret key?
    The photo-related notifications need major work.
    o well i tried it no difference from 1.6 beta

but m.facebook.com is much better so im sticking with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    i still keep getting an error message when trying to log in >
    I am getting service error:
    An error occurred requesting service palm://.facebook. Error Message: Service Method Exception: java.lang. NullPointer Exception

Anyone else getting this or know what the heck it means?
    Charles
    Anyone having a problem with endless refrshing while opening up the ap? When I open up the app, it fails it load my live feed...it just keeps loading but nothing happens!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast