Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    At the cost of just about all of my weekend, I updated scratch with a crazy amount of new features and changes. So crazy, in fact, that I actually skipped over 1.2.0 and went right to 1.2.1. (As it turns out, coding all weekend sometimes introduces embarrassing bugs that you don't notice until you're in a meeting with the director at 9 am and trying to take notes...)

I've posted the full changelog at http://noinsultsoftware.com/news/scratch-1-2-1/ , for anyone who might be eager to see if the feature they suggested got in. Features that didn't make the cut (undo and zoom) are on my to-do list, but I don't want to code them until I'm sure they will work.

If you've already bought Scratch, I want to thank you again. If you haven't -- it's only $5 (and about that internationally), and updates are free forever.
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Apps: Scratch, GasMath, CheckMath
    Just bought 1.13 version that's in the cat. Is not importing my google docs. It's just sitting there spinning on "find files." Have the correct email address xxxxxx@gmail.com and password. Also tried it with just my google ID and no @gmail.com

Have restarted my Pre and made sure the documents are actually there (about a dozen of them) on google docs.

Any help?
    I am not able to import google docs as well.
    That's a big changelog - good work I am about to go buy the app. Keep the updates coming, I would love to see those zoom and undo features I'll let you know if the problem that midmofan and mamouton have experienced affects me.

(Edit: I guess the app catalog hasn't updated yet - it's still version 1.1.3)
    (Edit 2: Also having trouble accessing Google Docs)
    Last edited by SqyArc; 04/20/2010 at 06:02 AM.
    Please help on the google doc issue. The reason I paid was for this (advertised) feature. $5 not too much IF the app does what it claims, but still can't import. Just for grins, left it "findiing" as I put it on charger before bed. Sure enough, its still spinning this morning.
  6.    #6  
    Well, THAT's not good. Did any of you try to upload a document? Are these very big files? Are you on wifi? Outside the US? In 1x connection? What device are you using?

@ day job now, but will investigate to see if I can determine the problem. Email me at the support email if you want to keep any details private.

It's POSSIBLE there is a separate issue, with google docs or your carrier... But it's also possible there's an unseen bug in Scratch. Either way, I shall do all that I can.
    Planesdragon, here are some details for you:

Carrier: O2.
    Firmware: 1.4.1
    Scratch Version: 1.1.3
    Import: Wifi and 2G connection both hang once I click 'Find Files'.
    Export: Works fine - I can export Google Documents with formatting in tact.
    File Size: Irrelevant - it won't list any docs at all, large or small.

I'd guess that it's either a bug in Scratch or Google have changed their backend a little.

Good luck
  8.    #8  
    i'm seeing the same error. I'l check more tonight.
    Palm pre.
    USA
    Sprint
    scratch 1.1.3
    EVDO and wi-fi
    other things seem to work fine
    never get to ANY files just spins while "finding"
    Last edited by midmofan; 04/20/2010 at 12:42 PM.
  10.    #10  
    So I wrote a new API tester, poked around the google code site, and came to a few annoying realizations.

1: Yes, there seems to be a bug in the Google Docs API, where it's not returning through the API any reference of documents, even though it was working just fine all weekend. See Retrieving all word processor documents is omitting entries. - Google Apps APIs Help if you want to watch with me for when it'll be fixed.

2: Even though the API is returning a "no results" feed, Scratch is not correctly displaying a "no files found" error. Expect another bugfix release almost as soon as 1.2.1 either goes live or is rejected due to Google Docs dying to fix this -- even though it's little consolation to everyone who wants to get their files.

3: Google Docs has an "as JSON" option, which means that, once I put out a new bugfix, it should be every so slightly faster. (And a heck of a lot easier to develop. JSON is WAY easier to view in the Ares debugger than XML.).

4: Five Guys Burgers & Fries is a very descent place for dinner. (Breakfast, technically... it's just been one of those days.)
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Apps: Scratch, GasMath, CheckMath
    So what's the bottom line? We can't import any google docs until google does something IF they do something?

If that is the case, you should post in the app cat and on the forums that the function is not working now and you don't know when or if it will be fixed.
  12.    #12  
    As soon as Palm processes the Scratch update, I will submit a bugfix to improve the error handling. Given that Palm Developer Daysis this weekend, they seem to be a little pressed for resources.

Google is aware of the problem, and I hope that they do fix it. If they don't fix it by the time I can send a new update, I will include a workaround in the code. Update hasn't gone throug yet, but I'm hoping latter this week or early next.

Midmofan, if you can't wait that long and are willing to try a beta release, send me a PM and I'll see what we can do.
    Just catching up. Thanks for the intense progress, Doug.
    Looks like Google are fixing the problem - it won't be long now

All,

Just an update: we've got a solution ready, and are getting ready to push it out to
    production.

Thanks,
    Vic
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Looks like Google are fixing the problem - it won't be long now

All,

Just an update: we've got a solution ready, and are getting ready to push it out to
    production.

Thanks,
    Vic
    Awesome!! Thanks for your efforts....great app!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Lets hope so. this was to be my memo solution since Evernote doesn't do local file storage for offline access.

A suggestion to Doug..how about an autosync option like Outline Tracker does with tasks? Is that possible with the current Google API?
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    The Scratch update pushed out today, you can get it from the App Catalog now.
    Got the update. Unfortunately, I still can't import from Google Docs. Bummer!

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  19.    #19  
    whew. That only took a week.

I submitted the google docs workarounf. Hopefully, palm will get that pushed through either today (unlikely) or early next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Planesdragon View Post
    whew. That only took a week.

I submitted the google docs workarounf. Hopefully, palm will get that pushed through either today (unlikely) or early next week.
    Great, thanks much!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast