Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    The best way to submit bug reports is to e-mail me via the "Support" email. But here is OK so long as the PreCentral folks don't mind.

I believe the copy and paste error is due to how WebOS implemented its clipboard -- in a nutshell, only the plain text is actually copied, not the full XHTML equivalent. You should see the same behavior if you open the stock Notes App, write two sentences, bold a word in one (metatap + b), and then try and copy&paste that bolded word to the other line.
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Apps: Scratch, GasMath, CheckMath
    Planesdragon,
    Just confirming the problem with importing local html files - just drops me back at the import screen & doesn't import anything.

Something broke your app mate :/
  3.    #43  
    Curses!
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Just wondering if the update concerning Google Docs import is already being pushed out through the App Catalog? I can't see it, but knowing my App Catalog, that doesn't necessarily mean anything.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    yes i too am hoping for an update. i keep refreshing this page throughout the day!
    (this was my first paid app, btw. Thanks Doug!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelas View Post
    Just wondering if the update concerning Google Docs import is already being pushed out through the App Catalog? I can't see it, but knowing my App Catalog, that doesn't necessarily mean anything.
    I'm one of the beta testers for the new update with the Google fix. (this is what happens when you shoot your keyboard off! LOL)

Bottom line: it works pretty darn good, I can import Google docs and edit and export. Google's API is still causing a slightly confusing message to pop up that I am sure he is working on. Have patience (if you can) he has a handle on the issue and im sure will have it in cat as soon as he can.
    Cool, thanks for the update, midmofan! It's an awesome app and I am looking forward to it being even more awesome. :-)
    ** I re-read thread and see others have already stated my issue... Will just wait, great app idea!! Wish I could program have a few ideas

So I have a question that I haven't found an answer to; sorry, if it's out there. Is there any other way to open an existing file? I have tried to save a word doc onto pre, have changed it htm and html. When I find it as html/htm it isn't anywhere after I select. I love the even idea of app, definitely a must have!
    Last edited by dowdyrich; 04/27/2010 at 08:44 PM.
    The update is now available in the app catalog and I confirm, I'm finally able to import! It gives a message about search for unknown file types that you have to click OK to, but then it shows them just fine. Love it! Imported everything I wanted but had to do it one by one. Any chance we'll see an "Export all" option in an upcoming release so we can backup all our docs to Google at once? Loving the progress on this app! Well worth $5 now that import and export both work!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Awesome!!
    My next question is whether it is even feasible for there to be a 2-way sync function within Scratch (to Goog Docs, obviously). Can that be done? If it can this will go down as the best advance i've yet had for my pre (and i've had it 8 months!)
    thx!
    I have a few suggestions.

1. Orange + space = tab.
    this would make sense because tab is just a big space and thuse would be easy to remember.

2.in cordnation with tab. Sub bullets would be nice.

3. When typing a topic, after the first 2 or three letters show topics in a pop down list which match.

4. Sorting bullets by alphabet.

5. This migt be to advanced but cool, if using bullets, tap and hold on it and you an drag it. In paragraph double tap and hold and drag paragraph, or select it and drag.

6. Maybe import/ edit word docs?
    btw great job love it
    I can also confirm that the latest update, which is available through the App Catalog, fixed the importing issue. Excellent job!!
    It would be cool if we could make a secure folder to place scratches in that have sensitive information and require a password to enter that folder or open the scratches..
    I second the secured folders... Just wanted to update on previous post; got update and import from Google works great for me.. I really appreciate it.. Thanks again for app...
  16.    #56  
    hey, all. Today has been weird... But the best parts were news that hp is buying palm, and today's update of Sratch's download count. You guys rock.

I'm going to do some more work on Scratch this weekend, and might have a new update to palm on Monday. There's a few rough spots to work on, and I can think of a few cool features and feature improvements to make scratch better.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and the noinsultsoftware.com emails. If you have and idea, please let me know; thank you to wveryone who's suggested something so far
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    I have a few suggestions.

1. Orange + space = tab.
    this would make sense because tab is just a big space and thuse would be easy to remember.

2.in cordnation with tab. Sub bullets would be nice.

3. When typing a topic, after the first 2 or three letters show topics in a pop down list which match.

4. Sorting bullets by alphabet.

5. This migt be to advanced but cool, if using bullets, tap and hold on it and you an drag it. In paragraph double tap and hold and drag paragraph, or select it and drag.

6. Maybe import/ edit word docs?
    #1 and #2 sound obvious. #3 sounds like a GREAT idea, I don't know what you mean by #4, #5 might be more core system technology than I want to over-write with Scratch, and #6 is (hopefully) coming as once we have local file access.

One note: How well #6 works depends entirely on what capabilities Palm includes with local file I/O. If they have a built-in function to read Word .doc files to HTML, I'll obviously use that. If they have .ZIP capability, I should be able to do on-board editing of .docx files. But if it's just basic I/O, then scratch won't be able to do binary editing for at least a short while -- although it will neatly deal with .htm and .xml files.

If Palm does the basics, I may spend some time on an office add-in or macro to convert on the desktop and save to the device. (A far cry from native file editing, I know... but it's all about baby steps.)
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

It looks like Google Docs is evolving away from direct CSS and HTML access. Does that affect Scratch at all? Will we have any problem if/when we make the switch?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    just wanted to pop in and thank you for the work you've done.
    I purcased scratch to support your work, great app and a steal at only 5$ bucks!
    Planesdragon, as mentioned in a review I read of this App, when you import from Google Docs, it loses all formatting and just comes through with the raw text only. Is this something you can fix or is it a limitation of Google that won't improve? It's not the end of the world but would sure be nicer if it could retain its formatting when coming across to the phone.. looking forward to the next release Keep up the good work!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast