Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Not sure if this is the right thread, but I had a question about Scratch ...

Does it support different fonts, and specifically are there any fixed-width fonts (e.g. Courier). I'm looking for something to handle guitar tab and it has to be fixed-width.

BTW, appreciate the effort and may buy it anyway ... but the fixed-width font would make it a "must" for me
    This is awesome!

Anyway you could spend another weekend and make something for spreadsheets? LOL

Planesdragon > Dataviz
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Ninjas View Post
    This is awesome!

Anyway you could spend another weekend and make something for spreadsheets? LOL

Planesdragon > Dataviz
    Spreadsheets would be nice, but I hope all of the current issues with Scratch get fixed first.
    I'm in! (And I'm pretty stingy with my $$, as any of my kids can tell you.)

I bought it yesterday, when 1.1.3 (or whatever) was still shipping, so I appreciate the 1.2.1 update even more. I especially like that I can change the default spacing between paragraphs, which I don't think I could do with the older version.

It appears that font-type formatting is handled in the Style menu item. I couldn't figure out why my changes weren't taking effect, until I noticed that there's an "Apply" button at the bottom that you have to scroll down to see.

In the Style menu item, there's a tab called "Custom" which looks like the way to get different fonts, etc. But, I don't know how to get this to work.

Regards,
    Tom
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    In the Style menu item, there's a tab called "Custom" which looks like the way to get different fonts, etc. But, I don't know how to get this to work.
    The "Custom" tab lets you select a CSS rule and manually type in your value. Fer example, you could select "font-family" and then type "monospace" to get a fixed-width font.

See CSS font-family property for more details.
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Apps: Scratch, GasMath, CheckMath
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Spreadsheets would be nice, but I hope all of the current issues with Scratch get fixed first.
    TreoRock hits the nail on the head for why I'm not working on a spreadsheet app right now. As soon as I do, it will quickly consume all of my programming time out of work, and Scratch isn't at a spot where I want to leave it without updates for the two to three months it will take to get a good spreadsheet app.

OTOH, after Scratch gets to that point, and if I still have weekends to spare, and I don't see something better, a spreadsheet-esque app will be forthcoming.
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

jus purchased the app, its decent by the way and the upload to google docs was successful
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Planesdragon View Post
    TreoRock hits the nail on the head for why I'm not working on a spreadsheet app right now. As soon as I do, it will quickly consume all of my programming time out of work, and Scratch isn't at a spot where I want to leave it without updates for the two to three months it will take to get a good spreadsheet app.

OTOH, after Scratch gets to that point, and if I still have weekends to spare, and I don't see something better, a spreadsheet-esque app will be forthcoming.
    Sweet! I just updated my twitter with your post. Do you have twitter? It would be nice to follow your development.
  9.    #29  
    @DougMeerschaert

And I need to get myself a better twitter client, now that it's out in the wild....
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

+1 to Five Guys (at least here in Alexandria, VA)
    i still can't export from google docs with the latest update
    The "Custom" tab lets you select a CSS rule and manually type in your value. Fer example, you could select "font-family" and then type "monospace" to get a fixed-width font.

See CSS font-family property for more details.
    I sort of got it to work. I had selected some text, went in to Custom and set font-family to "times", but it didn't change the selected text like I thought it would. However, text entered after that from the insertion point did come out in Times font. And, yes, I did have "target" set to "selection".

That CSS reference is going to be very helpful -- thanks!

Regards,
    Tom
    I am going to purchase scratch now,cant wait for a spread sheet app keep up the hard work.
    I just purchased it a few hours ago and am loving it already! Thanks for all your efforts and here`s to hoping the Google Sync update will be pushed out soon. :-)
    Last edited by Menelas; 04/24/2010 at 06:48 AM.
    Has anyone got the Import Local File to work? I can select Find File, it gives me a list of .HTM and .HTML files on my Pre. But when I select one it just goes back to the Import screen ... no message, no file is added to my list (which is what I assume is supposed to happen?). Help?
  16.    #36  
    you should see the document ready for import. Did you get an error message?
    you should see the document ready for import. Did you get an error message?
    Nope ... as I said, no message, no document, nada. Just flips back from the file selection list to the Import screen with the "Find File" button. So it's supposed to put you in the editor screen with the file loaded?

I have several .HTM and .HTML files on my Pre, and even created a very simple "This is a test" one from MS Word to see if it was content related. None of them seem to work.
  18.    #38  
    that's... very odd, Rob.

Scratch 1.2.1? WebOS 1.4+?

Can you e-mail me that test file? (use the "Support" email in Scratch.)
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

that's... very odd, Rob.

Scratch 1.2.1? WebOS 1.4+?

Can you e-mail me that test file? (use the "Support" email in Scratch.)
    Yep, just downloaded this morning ... Scratch 1.2.1 and webOS 1.4.1.1 (on Sprint). Seemed odd to me too ... I assumed I was just doing something wrong. I tried several files with no luck, but I'll forward the smallest/simplest just to see if there's possibly something wrong there. Not sure what else it might be.

Just to be 100% clear ... I select "Import" from the menu, select the "Local File" option, that opens a drop down with a "Find File" button. Tapping the button takes me to a standard file select scene, when I tap on one (any) of the files, it just goes back to the Import screen.

Thanks for taking a look (when you get a chance).
    Some more formatting trouble: when I copy text with a red font and paste it elsewhere, the pasted text is no longer red.

BTW, is this thread an OK place for bug reports, or would you like to see them elsewhere?

Regards,
    Tom
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast