Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 388
  1.    #21  
    Palm finally accepted the first version into the app catalog. So, I've now uploaded the new version! Hopefully the review will be a bit faster this time around.
  2.    #22  
    Ok, palm is very slow at dealing with app catalog submissions.... grumble.

    I've got a new version waiting to upload. I'll get it out as quickly as I can. In the mean time here is a list of changes to get all of you salivating:

    - Smart auto play. If a card is exposed that can be moved to the home cells then it will, unless there is another card in play that can be played on that card. (Yes you have the option of turning auto play off.)
    - Resume game after closing card
    - Backgrounds (green felt, or an image of your choice)
    - Better dragging (It is much less sluggish now)
    - Support for "relaxed" freecell. If you turn this on then you'll be able to drag any number of cards in a sequence regardless of the number of open freecells or stacks.
    - Preferences page
    - More that I am forgetting
  3.    #23  
    Oh one more quick thing. If any of you would like to see the game in another language, and are willing to help with translation please let me know.
  4. markm's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #24  
    Wow, impressive list of changes! I'm looking forward to trying out the changes. Should the update show up in the Pre Update app, or will we need to go back to the link in the first post?
    Rgds/Mark M.
  5.    #25  
    The update will show up in the app catalog. I'll post here once it's there.
  6. Grey_girl's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #26  
    I downloaded freecell as soon as I saw it. Even from ver. 1 it seemed to be on it's way to a great app. I read above that you were thinking of moving the free and home cells to the sides of the application... I'm not sold on that idea. Moving cards "up" is may be too entrenched in playing the game for me. But I look forward to a landscape mode. Do the cards resize a little larger?

    Other games - someone suggested Spider. I can tell you without a doubt that if you did that, my fiance would download it the second it hits the app catalog. Considering he'd play it all day on his Pre at work, get fired, thus preventing our wedding and our happily ever after, I ask you not to do it.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_girl View Post
    I downloaded freecell as soon as I saw it. Even from ver. 1 it seemed to be on it's way to a great app. I read above that you were thinking of moving the free and home cells to the sides of the application... I'm not sold on that idea. Moving cards "up" is may be too entrenched in playing the game for me. But I look forward to a landscape mode. Do the cards resize a little larger?
    I'm just thinking about ideas for the layout when playing in horizontal mode. I have seen a few versions of freecell for phones or PDAs that had the free cells and the home cells on the left and right side, and it looked ok to me. I'm just worried that if I leave them on top you'll have to scroll a lot, and I'd like to avoid that as much as possible.

    I'll play with a few options, and probably post some screenshots here to get more input. I hope to get horizontal mode in over the weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_girl View Post
    Other games - someone suggested Spider. I can tell you without a doubt that if you did that, my fiance would download it the second it hits the app catalog. Considering he'd play it all day on his Pre at work, get fired, thus preventing our wedding and our happily ever after, I ask you not to do it.
    haha. I'd hate to prevent your happily ever after.

    I'm strongly considering doing spider and klondike. I'm also trying to decide if I should charge for any of them. Freecell is free, and I won't change that. I'm considering charging for spider or klondike though. If I do it will be very cheap, and I won't release it until it is 100% ready. What do you all think?
  8. Grey_girl's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    I'm just thinking about ideas for the layout when playing in horizontal mode. I have seen a few versions of freecell for phones or PDAs that had the free cells and the home cells on the left and right side, and it looked ok to me. I'm just worried that if I leave them on top you'll have to scroll a lot, and I'd like to avoid that as much as possible.

    I'll play with a few options, and probably post some screenshots here to get more input. I hope to get horizontal mode in over the weekend.
    The need for a lot of scrolling in horizontal mode occurred to me too. That's why I'm so non-committal. I would probably be able to adjust to the different layout. I'd love to see the screenshots if you post them.

    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post

    haha. I'd hate to prevent your happily ever after.

    I'm strongly considering doing spider and klondike. I'm also trying to decide if I should charge for any of them. Freecell is free, and I won't change that. I'm considering charging for spider or klondike though. If I do it will be very cheap, and I won't release it until it is 100% ready. What do you all think?
    While it's always fun to find a really neat free program, I don't mind paying for good apps and I certainly don't mind paying for an app when the developer shows an interest in the users, like you have.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post

    Would you like to be a beta tester for klondike?
    Sure, that would be great.
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  10.    #30  
    I've got horizontal mode mostly working. What do you all think? There are some quirks to work out, but I think I can get them worked out pretty soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  11.    #31  
    Ok, this should make it easier to see
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12. markm's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #32  
    That looks like a perfect layout. I had some doubts about the stacks on the right/left, but this looks pretty clean. Can't wait to try.

    In terms of paying for the other flavors. If they had something to offer over free versions that were out there (if any), I wouldn't be against that. Even if it is just supporting a developer who is seeking and listening to user input. That itself would be worth a nominal fee.

    Any thought of combining them together into a suite like the Aces Solitaire I had on the BB Curve or the previously mentioned SolFree where you can select what game you want to play rather than having three separate icons on the launcher. That way if you keep adding versions of solitaire, you can add them to the same suite. Just an idea.
    Rgds/Mark M.
  13.    #33  
    Ok, I've tweaked the view a bit. I now have this working for both the pre and the pixi. In order to save a bit of extra space I moved the free cells and the home cells part way off the screen. It's a bit different, but I kinda like it, and it did safe just enough space to work on both devices.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmeltser View Post
    That looks like a perfect layout. I had some doubts about the stacks on the right/left, but this looks pretty clean. Can't wait to try.
    I'm glad you like the layout. I had some doubts as well, but now that I've been playing with it this way for a lil bit I'm really enjoying it. Originally I hadn't wanted to support playing with the screen rotated horizontally, but now I'm really liking it. I'm glad you guys talked me into it hehe.


    Quote Originally Posted by mmeltser View Post
    In terms of paying for the other flavors. If they had something to offer over free versions that were out there (if any), I wouldn't be against that. Even if it is just supporting a developer who is seeking and listening to user input. That itself would be worth a nominal fee.

    Any thought of combining them together into a suite like the Aces Solitaire I had on the BB Curve or the previously mentioned SolFree where you can select what game you want to play rather than having three separate icons on the launcher. That way if you keep adding versions of solitaire, you can add them to the same suite. Just an idea.
    Yeah I've thought of combining them like that. I will probably reuse at least 90% of the code from freecell for other solitaires. But, if I combine then then any change I make has to work properly for all of them, and that starts to get tricky.

    So really I haven't decided yet. If I start working on them and get to the point where I have a single app that can do the various games just by switching an option then I will probably combine them. I suspect it may end up being more complex though.
  15.    #35  
    Ok, just added another cool feature. I just implemented a new highlighting method. Check out the screenshot below. The screenshot shows what it looks like while you're dragging cards.

    This will be included in the same release as the horizontal mode.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  16.    #36  
    While waiting for palm to accept version 1.3 in the app catalog I've finished version 1.4. Version 1.4 has all the features I've talked about on here and as of a few minutes ago I've completely rewritten then dragging support. I'm very happy with the result.

    If anyone would would like to be a beta tester please respond here. You'll need to have your phone in developer mode, please promise to download the version in the app catalog first so that your download gets counted for the palm hot apps contest.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    While waiting for palm to accept version 1.3 in the app catalog I've finished version 1.4. Version 1.4 has all the features I've talked about on here and as of a few minutes ago I've completely rewritten then dragging support. I'm very happy with the result.

    If anyone would would like to be a beta tester please respond here. You'll need to have your phone in developer mode, please promise to download the version in the app catalog first so that your download gets counted for the palm hot apps contest.
    I've been a Freecell fan for years - I'd be happy to be a beta tester. Let me know what I can do.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmeltser View Post

    JJeffcoat -- I couldn't find precell in the app catalog. Should I be looking somewhere else?
    It's in Homebrew:

    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/precell
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    I'm just thinking about ideas for the layout when playing in horizontal mode. I have seen a few versions of freecell for phones or PDAs that had the free cells and the home cells on the left and right side, and it looked ok to me. I'm just worried that if I leave them on top you'll have to scroll a lot, and I'd like to avoid that as much as possible.
    I still prefer the free cells and home cells to be on top, even in landscape view. Having them on the side just looks strange & I'd have a hard time getting used to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    I'm considering charging for spider or klondike though. If I do it will be very cheap, and I won't release it until it is 100% ready. What do you all think?
    I would be happy to pay for Klondike if it's really good and the price is reasonable (even if I'm already a beta tester.)
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    Ok, just added another cool feature. I just implemented a new highlighting method. Check out the screenshot below. The screenshot shows what it looks like while you're dragging cards.
    I'm having some difficulty with the dragging - that seems cumbersome. Would it be possible to add the option of moving cards from the tableau by tapping them, then tapping the stack or free cell where you want it to go?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions