Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920 LastLast
  1.    #321  
    Interesting. I just tried to reproduce the highlighting issue, and it isn't happening for me. The aces are staying lit up...

I've got a fix for your aces up "new game" bug. I'll be uploading a new build in a few minutes.

What did you have your layout set to in preferences? If it was set to 'auto' then it is probably just web os being a bit flaky. I've noticed that my device will not always notice when I turn it sideways, or some times will think it is sideways when it isn't. My wife's pre doesn't seem to do this nearly as much. If that is the cause then there isn't really anything I can do about it.
  2.    #322  
    0.1.22 is up, and should hopefully fix the "new game" bug in aces up. The change effects all games, so please let me know if you see any issues with the "new game" dialog in any of the games.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Yeah I think you're right about the Pre not picking up on the flip. I've noticed this phone tends to lag some when flipping. I was just surprised it flipped the image but didn't change the layout to the one with the cells and stacks on the sides. I'm using the auto layout. Don't think it's worth pursuing. I'll check out the latest beta and will keep an eye out to see if I see the highlighting flakiness again.
    Rgds/Mark M.
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    0.1.22 is up, and should hopefully fix the "new game" bug in aces up. The change effects all games, so please let me know if you see any issues with the "new game" dialog in any of the games.
    Thanks for the nice app! A valuable contribution!
  5.    #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmeltser View Post
    Yeah I think you're right about the Pre not picking up on the flip. I've noticed this phone tends to lag some when flipping. I was just surprised it flipped the image but didn't change the layout to the one with the cells and stacks on the sides. I'm using the auto layout. Don't think it's worth pursuing. I'll check out the latest beta and will keep an eye out to see if I see the highlighting flakiness again.
    You where right! I started a game while holding the phone sideways, (and other cards where horizontal) and it rendered everything horizontally, but with the vertical layout.

I think I know where to look for this. Good catch.
  6.    #326  
    0.1.23 is up. It does all of this:

- Greatly improves the transition from horizontal to vertical and back. It is much more fluid now, and will load the correct layout if the game is started while holding the device sideways. Thanks for finding this bug Mark.

- Corrected issues with highlighting and restarting a game, resuming a game or using undo

- Fixed more undo bugs. Either undo is working right now, or I've gone insane (or both... they aren't really mutually exclusive...).

- Changed card style. I've finally managed to bring back rounded corners without sacrificing performance. Some of you may remember that originally the rounded corners where causing huge performance problems. Well I've switched to using images for the card backgrounds, which looks very nice (at least I think it does) and actually seems to be a good deal faster to render. I'm still working on some of the images though, for example the foundations will have their suit symbols in white again soon.

Using images for the backgrounds also means that I can put in some card back images, and possibly even give you a choice between a few. I'll try to get a few options in the next update (or soon after).

- Rotate a card slightly instead of changing it's background color to highlight the low cards. I'd love to hear what you guys think of this one. I like it a lot more because it feels more natural to me. You can't change the background color with a real deck of cards.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Wow! I was figuring a minor bug fix or 2. I'm amazed how many changes you got in there. Time to go get 23!
    Rgds/Mark M.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    just downloaded the newest version and in spider, once you tap the deck for new cards, you can't stack cards anymore.
  9.    #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    just downloaded the newest version and in spider, once you tap the deck for new cards, you can't stack cards anymore.
    Wow. Spider got much fewer changes than anything else, so I didn't test it much. I just tried, and I can't make any move in spider, except tapping on the deck. I'll try to get a fix uploaded asap.
  10.    #330  
    Ok, version 0.1.24 has just been uploaded with a fix for the spider issue. Normally I try to get more than one fix in an update, but I hate the idea of not letting you guys play spider.
    Wow, this is really nice and snappy -- and the undo's are very snappy, too.

The timer issues appear mostly fixed, although the timer still resets upon closing app and re-opening the app mid-game. I'll update the bug report.

Also, I can reproduce the Canfield stutter -- I'll add a note in that bug report.

Now, some comments, etc.

-Card highlighting: at first I didn't appreciate the change because the "highlighted" cards weren't as obvious/visible as before. But, I knew this might just be aversion to change, so I played a few games. Now, I'm liking it, and partly for the fact that it's not so obvious, yet you can still easily see the cards if you look for them. Aesthetically, I think a rotated card looks better than a shaded card, too.

-Card style: visibility seems to have taken a bit of a hit, but not too bad. I definitely see the advantage when cards are fanned sideways; how you can easily see rank and suit. Hearts and diamonds are very distinguishable, due to overall size difference; if you could do something similar with clubs and spades (make the clubs a little fatter, and spades a little narrower? one pixel each would probably do it), that might help. But, it's really not bad how it is now -- again, it's just different.

-Canfield stats: should show total accumulated $'s.

Final comment: Awesome upgrades! This is a huge improvement, really feeling polished.

Regards,
    Tom
  12.    #332  
    0.1.25 is being uploaded right now. It does the following:

- Adds a running total of your winnings (or losses in my case) in Canfield
    - Corrects the deck stutter issue that was happening in Canfield (and Klondike).
    - Tweaks the card images a bit. The graphics have been cleaned up a little, and the horizontal layout for freecell has been tweaked so that the number is visible in the freecell.
    - Fixed the animation when dealing 3 cards from the deck to the waste in Klondike and Canfield. It was previously animating to the wrong location in a weird way.
    - Something else that I can't remember right now
    - The timer should no longer reset when you exit the game and resume
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Still something funky going on with highlighting in Canfield. I was playing #250953 and, at first, there was nothing being highlighted so I exited the entire app and came back in and it did then highlight cards on the table that were the lowest, but didn't higlight them in the 3 cards being dealt each time. The remainder of the game was like that with cards only being highlighted when on the main part of the table. Oddly enough if you look carefully, you can occassionly see a card highlighted (twisted) behind the 3 cards being dealt. I'll try to get a screenshot the next time I see that.
    Rgds/Mark M.
  14.    #334  
    I think I just reproduced that. I started the same game (#250953) and tapped on the deck until a king showed up in the 3 cards being dealt. It should have been highlighted, but wasn't. I then exited the game and resumed, and then it was highlighted.

Very strange. I'll let you know when I find the cause.
  15.    #335  
    I think I found the bug. The fix will be in the next update. Thanks Mark.
    I was just about to report highlighting issues (lack of highlight) in Freecell (in 0.1.24) -- it's less noticeable now that the cards are just twisted, so I've been watching carefully. But, I haven't really seen any rhyme or reason. Just unhighlighted cards every once in a while.

I'll also be adding a report re: Aces Up with deck on the right (discards cover deck). I thought this was fixed before, but if so, it's back.

Regards,
    Tom
  17.    #337  
    Hey! I got $8 in a game of Canfield! That is the first time I've gotten above water in a game (without cheating) hehe.
  18.    #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    I was just about to report highlighting issues (lack of highlight) in Freecell (in 0.1.24) -- it's less noticeable now that the cards are just twisted, so I've been watching carefully. But, I haven't really seen any rhyme or reason. Just unhighlighted cards every once in a while.

I'll also be adding a report re: Aces Up with deck on the right (discards cover deck). I thought this was fixed before, but if so, it's back.

Regards,
    Tom
    The highlighting bug that Mark found could easily happen in more cases. I'm hoping it is the cause of your issue as well.

I thought I had fixed the aces up deck issue as well... but I'll look. It shouldn't be too hard to fix.
  19.    #339  
    Ok I know what is going on in aces up...

If you choose aces up, then go into preferences and switch the deck position to the right it won't change the direction that cards on the waste get stacked. If you exit the game and then resume the waste will be moving to the left.

I'm working on a fix.
  20.    #340  
    0.1.26 is up!

It has fixes for highlighting and a fix for the waste direction in aces up