Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 388
  1. markm's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #301  
    I posted a rather long description of a game with lots of undo issues in the bug tracker. I can repeat the same undo issues each time in that game although I haven't been able to get the undo stuck again like I reported. I know things like this and performance issues can be a beast to track down especially when you're doing this for fun not your day job!
    Rgds/Mark M.
  2.    #302  
    Hey Guys,

    Sorry I haven't updated in the last few days. I've been really busy with my day job. The weekend is close though. My goal is to have a build ready for you all that is less sluggish, and has undo sorted by monday. I can't promise I'll make that goal, but I'll sure try.
  3. #303  
    Update goals sound great! Definitely looking forward to that, though still enjoying the games very much even in their current state.

    Regards,
    Tom
  4.    #304  
    0.1.19 is being uploaded as I type...

    I've done a few things:
    - I've optimized a few spots that I identified as big causes of sluggishness. It hasn't completely solved the problems, but I think it has helped. Please let me know if it seems faster or not. I'm not considering this fixed, just a step in the right direction.
    - I found a really big bug in the undo logic. Basically each action gets saved to the undo history if it was done by a user, and isn't saved if it was done by the "dealer". So, for klondike deal 3 for instance the state should only be saved once when you tap on the deck even though 3 cards are dealt. Anyway, there was a case with cards being dragged that didn't set the 'human' flag and should have been. This seems to fix a LOT of the undo issues. Please try to replicate any problems and tell me if there are any more situations that still cause undo trouble. Even if you can't identify anything specific I want to know about it.
    - I changed the logic used for the timer. Previously there was an event that woke up every second and incremented a counter for the number of seconds that the game had been in play. There where 2 problems with this though... that function was also being called after an auto-play, which could get the time off by a lot, and the javascript timer won't always run at exactly a second, so I now store the time stamp of when the timer started, and calculate the difference between that and now, which is a bit more work, but should be much more accurate.

    One last note. If you have entered any bugs, please take a moment to check them with this build, and let me know if they appear to be fixed. Most of the bugs that have been entered are in a "test" state now, which means they can be closed as soon as the fix has been verified, but I need help from you guys to do that.

    Thanks again guys, I really appreciate all the effort you have all put in. I think I am getting pretty close to being able to release this. If there is anything else you can find that I should fix before releasing please let me know asap.
  5. #305  
    Whoa, it's WAY snappier! Nice work! I've only played a few games of Freecell so far, but it appears the undo is working correctly, as is the timer.

    I noticed a few bugs that I'll get into the bug reports, but probably pretty easy fixes (highlighting not working, game time not reported correctly).

    Regards,
    Tom
    [p.s. I went through all the bug reports and added a comment to each one of mine that appear fixed.]
    Last edited by TomJ; 06/12/2010 at 02:48 PM.
  6. #306  
    Aces Up feature request: If there's an open spot in the tableau, when you tap a card that can't be moved to the discard pile, it should move to the open tableau (instead of having to drag it).

    Regards,
    Tom (who's trying to branch out from Freecell and Canfield)
  7.    #307  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    Whoa, it's WAY snappier! Nice work! I've only played a few games of Freecell so far, but it appears the undo is working correctly, as is the timer.

    I noticed a few bugs that I'll get into the bug reports, but probably pretty easy fixes (highlighting not working, game time not reported correctly).

    Regards,
    Tom
    [p.s. I went through all the bug reports and added a comment to each one of mine that appear fixed.]
    Awesome work Tom! Thank you very much.

    I've just uploaded 0.1.20, which fixes the timer bugs, and re-enables highlighting.

    I had been testing highlighting because the calculation to determine which cards should be highlighted was one of the biggest problems with performance. At one point last night I had disabled highlighting to see the difference, and it seems that I forgot to turn it back on before putting up 0.1.19 this morning.

    Please let me know how the speed feels to you between 0.1.19 and 0.1.20. You can also turn off highlighting to get the same effect. I'm sure there is some optimization left to do there.
  8.    #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    Aces Up feature request: If there's an open spot in the tableau, when you tap a card that can't be moved to the discard pile, it should move to the open tableau (instead of having to drag it).

    Regards,
    Tom (who's trying to branch out from Freecell and Canfield)
    Great suggestion. I've just implemented it, and it works really nicely.

    I uploaded 0.1.20 before adding this, so it'll be in 0.1.21.
  9.    #309  
    0.1.21 is up. It includes the auto play improvement (thanks again Tom) and I finally got around to adding help pages for canfield and aces up.
  10. markm's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #311  
    Brought down 20 (I'll go back and get 21). Play is definitely faster in the ones I've tried so far. I repeated my undo test case with the same game # in Spider 2 suit and it undoes 1 step at a time!! I did hit a bug when you win a game and come back to play later. It pops up a "You won! You finished game #undefined in with undefined moves. I've got a screen shot if you need it. I hit this in Aces Up 2 suit. I'll post it to a bug when I'm back at a PC. Alright back to yard work!!
    Last edited by mmeltser; 06/12/2010 at 05:24 PM.
    Rgds/Mark M.
  11.    #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmeltser View Post
    Brought own 20 (I'll go back and get 21). Play is definitely faster in the ones I've tried so far. I repeated my undo test case with the same game # in Spider 2 suit and it undoes 1 step at a time!! I did hit a bug when you win a game and come back to play later. It pops up a "You won! You finished game #undefined in with undefined moves. I've got a screen shot if you need it. I hit this in Aces Up 2 suit. I'll post it to a bug when I'm back at a PC. Alright back to yard work!!
    Thanks for validating the undo fix. Please let me know if you manage to cause any other issues with undo. Like I said before I can't be sure that this was the cause of all of them.

    What version did you get the you won issue with? I just fixed an issue with the "You won" dialog, and the latest has the fix. This may be a completely unrelated issue though.
  12. #313  
    Can't say if they're fixed yet, as they were intermittent. I'm keeping an eye out for them.

    Regards,
    Tom
  13.    #314  
    I've just started a new thread for the solitaire collection in hopes of getting more people trying the beta, and the beta is now listed in the Palm App Catalog RSS feeds as well.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...44#post2505244

    I'll be monitoring both threads, so feel free to post updates in either.
  14. markm's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    What version did you get the you won issue with? I just fixed an issue with the "You won" dialog, and the latest has the fix. This may be a completely unrelated issue though.
    The one I reported was on 20, but I repeated the same case with 21. Play Aces Up 2 Suit until you win. When the Win dialog comes up, toss the card to exit Solitaire completely. Come back inand select 2 suit Aces Up and you get the undefined issue.
    Rgds/Mark M.
  15.    #316  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmeltser View Post
    The one I reported was on 20, but I repeated the same case with 21. Play Aces Up 2 Suit until you win. When the Win dialog comes up, toss the card to exit Solitaire completely. Come back inand select 2 suit Aces Up and you get the undefined issue.
    That sounds hard to reproduce. I've never won aces up hehe.

    That is definitely a different bug. I'll have to go play aces up a few times and see if I can win. Worst case I'll create a custom deal to make sure I can win. I've already done that for freecell. If you choose game -99 then you can win with a single tap.
  16.    #317  
    Crap. I added a -99 deal that makes it easy to win aces up (at least with 1 suit) but it didn't cause the bug you described. I'll try it with 2 suit.
  17.    #318  
    Same thing with 2 suit. I'll keep looking though.
  18.    #319  
    Oh I'm a moron, I didn't close the app and re-open it. I just did it again and got something similar... weird
  19. markm's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #320  
    Interesting issue with highlighting in Freecell. Had all the aces highlighted when I started. Played the A of clubs and when the 2 of clubs highlighted, the other Aces unhighlighted leaving only the 2 lit up. Undo did not undo the highlighting change.

    BTW, it also came up in the portrait layout despite being in landscape. A quick toggle up and back down fixed it.
    Rgds/Mark M.

Posting Permissions