Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1.    #261  
    yup, it showed up. Thanks.
  2.    #262  
    0.1.14 has just been uploaded. It hides a few items from preferences that don't make sense for specific games, and the 'Add to Launcher' button has been moved into preferences to make it a bit more obvious, and save some room in the menu.
    Thx...
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    Ok I found something. I'll have to spend some time customizing it later, but I have a basic setup going.

[url]

Please give it a try. I'd really appreciate it if everyone could try and enter a defect using that page for any bugs you have reported that haven't been fixed.
    I added two bugs to the system:
    1) Undo undoes too many steps -- single backswipe should undo single action not multiple actions
    2) Wins are not remembered when you come back in -- after winning a game, exit Solitaire. The next time you play, if you go to the same variety, rather than bringing you to a new deal or to the completed game, it brings you back 3 or 4 actions to roughly where the autoplay started and you have to replay those steps to "win again" before you deal a new game. I know you can deal a new game from the menu, but I don't know if that would mess up the stats.

(BTW, I got the error creating the tickets also, but it looks like they created. It might just be a Pre thing.)
    Rgds/Mark M.
    Nice game. However, the card animations are really, really slow. I find that pretty annoying.
  6.    #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Nice game. However, the card animations are really, really slow. I find that pretty annoying.
    Thanks Grace. This is a known issue, and the game will not be released from beta until it has been resolved.
    Sent in another bug report on the Freecell in the solitaire pack beta. It appeared that I was able to move more cards than I should be able to. But, there is the chance that I accidentally chose the "relaxed" version of the game (don't know how to rule that out). So, take that report with a grain of salt.

Regards,
    Tom
  8.    #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    Sent in another bug report on the Freecell in the solitaire pack beta. It appeared that I was able to move more cards than I should be able to. But, there is the chance that I accidentally chose the "relaxed" version of the game (don't know how to rule that out). So, take that report with a grain of salt.

Regards,
    Tom
    Thanks Tom. I saw the bug. I'll try to reproduce it.
  9.    #269  
    Hey Tom, on the canfield deal bug... I have been trying to reproduce it in the emulator, and so far haven't been able to. Can you tell me a few game numbers that you have seen it on? I'm trying to figure out if it has anything to do with the card values or not.

I'll also try to reproduce it on the device later. It seems likely to have something to do with the timing since I haven't been able to cause it on the emulator.
  10.    #270  
    Tom, I've fixed your illegal move bug. Good catch. It will be included in the next beta update.
  11.    #271  
    So the bug tracking system thing has been working really nicely. Thanks to everyone who has entered bugs.

If you have any feature requests please add them as well. Thanks!
    Hey Tom, on the canfield deal bug... I have been trying to reproduce it in the emulator, and so far haven't been able to. Can you tell me a few game numbers that you have seen it on? I'm trying to figure out if it has anything to do with the card values or not.

I'll also try to reproduce it on the device later. It seems likely to have something to do with the timing since I haven't been able to cause it on the emulator.
    Yes, it's definitely hard to reproduce. Once I formed the theory that all cards were there, but one or two were covered, I couldn't get it to happen for a while to test the theory. Once I did, I took a screenshot of the mis-deal, then another screenshot after closing the app and re-opening.

Original mis-deal:
    solitairebeta_2010-26-05_211206.png

After closing and re-opening the app, the hidden card is revealed:
    solitairebeta_2010-26-05_211239.png

The game number is shown (that's the only one I've captured, so far), but upon loading it up just now, it came up as a three card deal. So it doesn't appear to be an issue of the cards themselves.

Regards,
    Tom
    p.s. It'd be a nice touch if the dialog box for entering a game # came up with the num lock active. And I like the little challenge message -- hadn't seen that before.
  13.    #273  
    Thanks Tom, that will help a lot. I wonder if it is related to the deck being on the right. I hadn't tried it with that option on.

btw, didn't you report a bug about the dollar counter a while back? If so can you enter a defect for it? I can't seem to find it.
  14.    #274  
    Ok, I have a theory. I still can't reproduce the problem, but I found a possible problem... When cards are being dealt to the waste the game sets a value called "max loose" to determine how many cards should be shown. This is needed to make the animation work right. Without it you'll see 2 previous cards while the cards are being dealt...

Anyway, I am now resetting that value correctly on a new deal to try and force it to behave correctly. I've just uploaded beta version 0.1.15. Please try it with this version.
    btw, didn't you report a bug about the dollar counter a while back? If so can you enter a defect for it? I can't seem to find it.
    Yeah, I need to go through my previous reports, figure out what's still relevant, and input stuff on the new site.

One thing I've been meaning to ask, related to this, is there a way I can see what bugs I've reported on that site? I suppose that would require, at the very least, creating an account on that site so that I'm not entering stuff as "anonymous". Probably not worth the bother...I'll just keep track myself.

Off to download 0.1.15.

Regards,
    Tom
  16.    #276  
    Yeah you would have to create an account on there. It is pretty easy to do, and it will let you setup things like getting email notifications if I change one of your defects and things like that.
  17.    #277  
    If you do end up creating an account I think I can reassign you as the creator for the bugs you've already entered so that you'll get notifications and such
  18.    #278  
    Can anyone give me a bit more info about what they are seeing with undo? There is a bug saying that it appears to undo more than one move. I don't know who entered the bug though.

https://www.assembla.com/spaces/mine...too-many-steps

For anyone that has seen this bug, can you tell me a bit more? Like what game caused it, and are there any particular moves that seem to cause it?

Thanks
    I think mmeltser mentioned the undo bug a few posts up. I've seen it, too, in both Canfield and Freecell, but I can't think of any info to add.

Regards,
    Tom
  20.    #280  
    0.1.16 is up with many bug fixes. This update makes some big changes to stats, so your old stats are lost. Sorry about that.