1.    #1  
    This is to my knowledge the first and only webOS tumblr application!

see tumblbox.tumblr.com

i will add features over time, as soon as the tumblr staff add them to the api. hope the little teaser keeps you guys hungry for a tumblr app!
    I'm sorry what is the tmblr app for? Never heard of it, but would really like to know.
    thanks
  3.    #3  
    Tumblr is a blogging platform, sort of like twitter in the sense that it isnt for well constructed long posts, but more like short snippets and thoughts. you can check it out at tumblr.com!
    Hello. I was the one that Tumbled the post 'Introducing!' You stated to list some bugs, so here it goes.

I only found two so far, in my first couple minutes of using it.

-Whenever posting to your Tumblr, the loading circle loads for a very long time. Even after the post is submitted. (I'm sorry if I didn't word that correctly.)

-Whenever the tumblr login shows up whenever you first open the application, put in your info and press login but the 'redirecting' page will just sit.

Thank you for the app by the way. :]
  5.    #5  
    the app should redirect you back to the dashboard as soon as it receives a response back from the tumblr servers that the post has been successfully sent. or are you referring to something different?

is this the in app account screen or the normal tumblr one you see in the dashboard view? i couldnt figure out for the life of me how to prevent the user from having to do a double login. it creates problems in double account scenarios and im trying to find some help with fixing that or just coding my own dashboard view
    this app is awesome!!!!!!! cant wait for it to hit the catalog!!!
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
  7.    #7  
    Believe me, neither can I. Palm find issues with every release I submit! I've slimmed it down to no end, removed all back buttons and I can't submit it because of problem in my code I can't figure out :S on the hopeful side, ill have a new beta out soon. you can follow work at tumblbox.tumblr.com
    Hey... this is the only way i could figure out to contact you...

but i answered the question too fast on your blog (you should use comments...)

anyway... a great thing for the paid version would be to incorperate some kind of google/bing/yahoo search.... especially images....

that would make it better than a computer to me....
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
  9.    #9  
    thats a pretty good idea about the search, ill use tumblr's search system and see how that goes, just working on drafts and queued posts at the moment though
  10.    #10  
    tumblbox is in the app catalog now!
    First, I can't figure out how to bring up the new post options (text, pic, etc).
    Also, when I click on one of my old posts, it comes up with an edit button, but when I tap that nothing happens.

I have a palm pre plus for verizon, version 1.4.1.1
  12.    #12  
    Hmm okay. Did you try relaunching the app/rebooting your phone? There is a plus button in the bottom left hand corner of the application to add new posts a browser card should pop open when you tap edit. Are you running some patches on your phone? I've only tested on a stock version of webos, so if you are running some obscure patches there isn't much I can do to help you
  13.    #13  
    dl.dropbox.com/u/2286493/tumblboxrelated/help6thjune2010.png

copy that above link into your browser to see the image indicating how to do it. can't post images directly on here because im a new member -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by ubershinysheep View Post
    Hmm okay. Did you try relaunching the app/rebooting your phone? There is a plus button in the bottom left hand corner of the application to add new posts a browser card should pop open when you tap edit. Are you running some patches on your phone? I've only tested on a stock version of webos, so if you are running some obscure patches there isn't much I can do to help you
    That plus button didn't appear when I had first launched it (or the second time either). Third time launch worked however. As did the edit button, which launched a web card to the tumblr site. I'm assuming that's what's supposed to happen.

The posts worked, thanks! And I love being able to post photos from my phone (which is why I wanted a tumblr app, so I could post phone photos there and not to facebook)

New question: I have my tumblr settings to post to twitter and to facebook, but when I posted via tumblbox it only posted to facebook. Any idea why this is happening?

Feature suggestion (if it is even possible): When I am in my photoroll, and I click the share button, it gives me an upload to facebook option. is there a way to get an upload to tumblbox/tumblr option? That would be faster than opening tumblbox, adding a new photo post, finding the picture, etc.
  15.    #15  
    did you scroll down in the posting section and make sure you checked the send to twitter option? because it stops posting by default unless you check the box.

unfortunately i can't add extensions to existing applications, so its tumblbox or bust for now im afraid :P
    Awesome app, thanks for sharing.
    been using this a lot lately, and it keeps getting better. i can't wait for the recent update to hit the app catolog!