Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

Here is my first webOS application, it's a clone of Icopter for iphone :

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...gosoft.icopter

It would be nice if you can test it on your pre/pixi and tell me if you got issues since i don't have a webOS device.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

And some screenshots to make your mouth water

EDIT: The ipk doesn't work (my bad), wait until i update it (tomorrow i think) => works now (see edit 2)!

EDIT 2: I've updated the app , and all problems should be solved in one hour or two, the time palm upload the last version. Be sure to run a version of iCopter >= 1.0.3.
    (To check your icopter version, go to "device info => more info => software" : icopter version should be 1.0.3, since previous versions (1.0.0) only display splash screen).

EDIT 3: Finally! 1.0.3 online (fix the splashsreen bug ) => Try and post your feedback here! (I'm curious of the behaviour of the game speed-wise)

EDIT 4 : version 1.0.4 uploaded fix the collision bug found by double1 (thanks!) and some other very minor enhancement
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by thomas92; 04/19/2010 at 05:25 AM.
    The application is not currently available. Please try again later.
    That's what I get when I go to the link provided
  3.    #3  
    I plan to add a lot of new feature in next release (like new type of game, highscore improvements, easter eggs, and a lot more...) so stay tuned!
  4.    #4  
    Hi, thanks for trying. I haven't saw this, i'm sorry. Palm needs a few hours to make the game available, so try in a few hours.

And again, i'm sorry, i should have checked... but i'm exited to finally release my app!
    hi,looking forward to testing it,but is there anything that makes it better or different then the "the helicopter game"?

thanks for your hard work.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    There is already a helicopter game out there.
    It's #1 in the list of free apps.

Palm Hot Apps
  7.    #7  
    Hi!

Okokokok, the comparison between the two apps is inevitable. The main difference is physics (how the heli react) and graphics... You can also use keys, you have different speeds and "game type". Althought now there is only classic and sandbox mod, i'm planning to add a 'bonus' mod very soon. The groundwork for some settings (color of the field and stuff like that) is also done, i just need to design the user interface.

Basically, the more interesting stuff is not out yet, but coming very soon, that's why it is not out yet in the app catalog.

And sorry if i have some trouble to speak in shakespeare's language!
    Will this adjust to the pixis screen?
  9.    #9  
    theorically, yes (it works in the emulator at least)
    i have a pixi ill wait till it is available and ill try it
  11.    #11  
    Ok now download works, keep in mind that it should be considered as beta.

Good game, and any feedback (bug, features...) is welcome!
    Good work, thanks for developing this. I'm always keen to see new developers working on apps for WebOS.

(PS. The app catalog still does not load the app - I'll try again later )
    Last edited by SqyArc; 04/18/2010 at 02:49 PM.
  13.    #13  
    Thanks!! Have you tried it?

It is possible that the game don't work at all, but don't panic ^^ just tell me and i will update with the lastest ipk
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas92 View Post
    Thanks!! Have you tried it?

It is possible that the game don't work at all, but don't panic ^^ just tell me and i will update with the lastest ipk
    Nope the app catalog still doesn't allow me to view it - will try again soon
  15.    #15  
    It is not yet on the app catalog You need to use the link provided in my first post. Tell me if it works for you!
    The link is working now - downloading
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas92 View Post
    Hi!

Okokokok, the comparison between the two apps is inevitable. The main difference is physics (how the heli react) and graphics... You can also use keys, you have different speeds and "game type". Althought now there is only classic and sandbox mod, i'm planning to add a 'bonus' mod very soon. The groundwork for some settings (color of the field and stuff like that) is also done, i just need to design the user interface.

Basically, the more interesting stuff is not out yet, but coming very soon, that's why it is not out yet in the app catalog.

And sorry if i have some trouble to speak in shakespeare's language!

good to know. Also please make it a consistent speed, the other one (haven't tired yours yet, not sure if it's up) lags even on my 800mhz pre. the helicopter goes alot faster, but still lags..
    Seems like the IPK might be bad - it won't load anything past the splash screen.
    I want to try it, but I can't get apps sent to my phone
    I guess I'll wait until it's available in the App Catalog...
    Garrett: Did you know you can just click the link in the first post using your phone's browser and the app will come up directly?

(edited - you'll need to use the link in the first post, the link I provided didn't work for some reason)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast