1.    #1  
    We just submitted an updated version of Paratrooper to the App Catalog. Once it gets through the review process, it'll be a free upgrade for existing users and adds more challenging levels to the game for a grand total of 50! The 50th level is the hardest yet...so if you're looking for a challenge you've got it coming.

It also adds a mute control to the welcome screen in case you prefer to play without sound. The animation is a little smoother that way--and way better for playing during meetings at work.

We'll be sure to post as soon as it goes live. Thanks so much for all of the comments and suggestions on this forum.

Sincerely,

Rob
    Cool. I'll be looking for it..
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    It's a great game not been playing it that long but finally finished all the levels last night even getting on the scoreboard a couple of times
  4.    #4  
    The new Paratrooper update is now live in the App Catalog now. So far, no one has passed the very last level. We'll see if anyone can...it's very very tricky!

Enjoy

Rob
    Just when I had thought I'd retired from playing the game, I've gotten sucked back in.

Thank you Rob for all of your hard work in putting out regular updates and new levels. Yeah, that last level is a toughie even for "veterans" like myself. Took MANY MANY tries to nail the landings (2 sets of landings), but I finally did it and perfectly landed all of my troopers. Hi score of 2390 on Narrow Windy! Also got 2389 & 2330 & 2329 on Windy Lurker, 1688 & 1058 on Luck (very hard), 419 on Bouncer Breeze, and 8563 on Very Many. Very curious to learn how someone got 491 on Bouncer Breeze -- I got all the pellets, had late chute deployment and stuck the land and could only manage 419.

HUGE fan of the game.

Glad it's an exclusive to the WebOS and works wonderfully on my Pre, but I bet it'd work just as well on other smartphones with touchscreens and accelerometers and reach a larger audience. Amazing game.
    Last edited by doctorzeph; 04/18/2010 at 11:23 PM. Reason: updated scores
  6.    #6  
    Hi score of 2390 on Narrow Windy!
    That's a high score that may last for a very long time! We were a bit worried that the very last level was too hard, but it's good to hear you enjoyed beating it.

Congratulations! I'd love to hear from others about their high scores too. We're considering running a contest with real prizes (paratrooper t-shirts or cash) for the highest scores on a couple of levels. Would anyone be interested if we set that up?

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by rbredow View Post
    That's a high score that may last for a very long time! We were a bit worried that the very last level was too hard, but it's good to hear you enjoyed beating it.

Congratulations! I'd love to hear from others about their high scores too. We're considering running a contest with real prizes (paratrooper t-shirts or cash) for the highest scores on a couple of levels. Would anyone be interested if we set that up?

Rob
    Thank you. As far as a contest, sure, I'm in. Not sure if I could repeat my score on Narrow Windy though. That was very difficult.

Jason T
    narrow windy was the toughest one. finally got it. i found it best to drop the troopers right between the bomb and the electric tower (much easier with a low plane flying left to right), tilted toward the windmill. They then blow back toward the tower but with a late deployment they can avoid hitting it. I could get all 8 guys to land safely in one drop and just had to be sure that the next two guys didn't fall in a way that caused me too many points.