Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    webos quick install will not recognize my wife's Pixi.

media drive works.

did a device erase and re-enabled DEVMode.

doctor doesnt work either.

my Pre is recognized so novacom is fine.

Do you think this is a hardware issue?
    if so is there another way to install preware?

please help
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Is it in developer mode?

Edit: nevermind, just saw you said it was. Sorry. I don't know what the problem could be. Maybe try taking it out of devmode then putting it back in it.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    You can try doing this to get webosdoctor to recognize it. I remember this happened to my Pre after I fooled around with usbnet with freetether. It went away randomly a few days later and it was all fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by VeeDub65
    1) Turn your Pre completely off. If you can't turn it off, remove the battery to kill it. If you have to take the battery out, leave it out until I tell you to put it back it.
    2) Plug your Pre into the USB port on your computer.
    3) Press and hold the volume up button. Do NOT let go of the volume up button until I tell you to.
    4) Turn on your Pre. If you had to remove the battery, put it back in now.
    5) Within a few seconds at most, (maybe instantly) you should see a large USB symbol that fills the screen of the Pre. Once you see that symbol, you can let go of the volume up button.
    6) On your desktop run the WebOSDoctor.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I have not tried that yet... will try it and get back to you
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    trying the doctor. will be back asap to tell you if it fixed my WebOSQI problem... BTW the usbmode thing SUCKS on a Pixi if you have to remove the battery... no real buttons to press
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ODD... Doctor hangs at %4 for a few minutes and then gives the good old device disconnected error... now pixi wont work at all. (tryed it 3 times)

I am a Palm ****** but im thinking of taking in this pixi and my pre and getting a couple phones that work

no... im just steamed. I am inlove with WebOS and its not the OS's fault that palm cant make a phone

I just tried to doctor through a different usb port... no go.

This is a replacement pixi that we picked up today, guess we will go back into sprint tomorrow.

if you guys have anymore tips, ill be on here most of the night.

thanks for the help so far
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    All I can think of as a fix is to clean out the Pixi's usb port by blowing on it or something(Like the old nintendo games). Also, if you have another computer in your house you could try installing novaterm and WebOSQI on it and see if the pixi is recognized there. And if not, possibly doctor it on that computer. I just don't know what else to do.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    well, I have done everything!

thank you for your help but I think this is a hardware problem so no way im fixing it.

guess im bringing it in to sprint tomorrow.

do you know of any other way to install preware? like through the media drive? or from the ondevice browser?
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    No I don't. I believe the only way to install preware is from webosqi.
    Coulda used the Meta-Doctor...

EDIT: Nevermind, guess you got it in dev mode.