Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I sent a message to TealPoint software about TealAuto for WebOS and this is their reply:

Yes! We had starting the painful process of writing a javascript framework for a new TealAuto app when Palm released the new PDK. With the native development that the PDK supports, we now plan to port over our whole TICL framework so that the existing TealAuto and many of our other apps (TealPaint, TealSafe, TealTracker, etc) can come straight over.

Timeline? Not sure as webOS sales are still too low so we're sidelined doing contract work to pay the bills. But it's coming and we hope to have something to show in the near future.

Best regards,

--tex

Customer Support
  2.    #2  
    Is anyone else excited, or is it just me?!
  3.    #3  
    Bump!
    Looks like TealAuto will be available soon. Log Auto Mileage, Service and Expenses with TealAuto by TealPoint
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Teal Point makes some very good Apps. I loved trying TealOS before it was not permitted to continue. I wish we had some of its features in WebOS. Like how I could lock cards, how you could have different programs in the Launcher bar and the Wave Launcher. Too bad we can't get a Teal Script for WebOS
    TealOS gave me another year of Centro love. I used TealAuto on said Centro and the PC version. I sure hope when WebOS TealAuto comes it let's me transfer the data from my PC to the Pre.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, AT&T Centro, Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note (Sigh).
    Quote Originally Posted by SDoo1965 View Post
    TealOS gave me another year of Centro love. I used TealAuto on said Centro and the PC version. I sure hope when WebOS TealAuto comes it let's me transfer the data from my PC to the Pre.
    According to their updated manual, that should not be a problem:

"WebOS Handhelds:

One choice, USB Storage Volume, is available. When you sync here, your data is copied to a folder named CARDSYNC on the USB drive. After synching locally, if you then plug your device into a PC and enable USB Drive mode, you can then run synchronize on the TealAuto Desktop and select your USB Drive as a synchronization target."
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

8.    #8  
    From what I was told, it's currently available--only for the Pre. I checked and it's not in the app store for my Pixi. Any Pre owners want to chime in on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    From what I was told, it's currently available--only for the Pre. I checked and it's not in the app store for my Pixi. Any Pre owners want to chime in on this?
    Nope... perhaps it requires 1.4.5?
    It doesn't show up for my Pre. Will install 1.4.5 to see if it comes up.

Update: Finished my 1.4.5 update and it still does not show up for me. Going to contact TealPoint.
    Last edited by cash70; 08/11/2010 at 06:30 AM.

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Great news. I use TealAuto and TealPhone under Classic which has a habit of crashing. thorne
    Latest update I received from TealPoint:

"Hi.

We're in the process of reworking it due to a huge bug Palm introduced in 1.45.

Versions of webOS 1.4.5 downloaded over-the-air mistakenly block write-access to the USB volume from apps compiled with the PDK. Since TealAuto relied on saving all of your data there, we're reworking the app to save to internal memory (where we encountered another OS file system bug) and add additional import/export options to compensate for the fact that your data will no longer be directly accessible.

We only discovered this recently because it took almost a month for Palm to start reviewing our initial submission, so I have no idea how long it will take our app to make it into the store once we get it sorted out."

Another update I received from TealPoint:

"Just got more info this morning. Palm confirmed a bug in 1.4.5 that causes data written from PDK apps to get corrupted. We're asking them if they know of a workaround. If now we can't release our apps until they fix it."

TealAuto has a new availability date of August 25. So hopefully we will see it tomorrow.

15.    #15  
    Woo-Hoo!
  16.    #16  
    Checked on my Pixi app store. Nothing yet. What about Pre users?
  17.    #17  
    Bump!
    Just saw Tealauto in the app cat on my Pre. Not real impressed with the GUI. Can't tell if those are from another OS or if this is a PDK app. I wonder if they have a demo.. I think I'll keep on using Mileage Monitor for now.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 08/30/2010 at 03:13 PM.
    why doesn't someone tell them how to fix it... there is a patch to fix the bug sigh
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  20.    #20  
    Nothing on the Pixi yet. [sigh.]
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast