1.    #1  
    My problem: I bought 2 paid apps., Asphalt 5, and Glyder 2, back in January, they worked just fine, and then I accidently wiped out my Pre using Web Doctor (wasn't paying attention - my fault). Since then I haven't been able to get them back on my Pre without having to pay for them again. All in all, there were about 10 apps. (8 free ones) that never could be recovered without having to reinstall them.

I have made contacts with Palm, and who ever else I can think of with no results. I contacted Glyder 2 support and they say to contact Palm. Everyone seems to point the finger at another person, or I get no response via email. I know these apps. don't cost too much, but I just want to know if there is any way to reinstall them without having to pay for them again? Who do I contact? Who takes my money when I buy these apps from the App Catalog? If I pay for apps, loose them and can't reinstall them without having to pay for them again, that's a crummy deal!
    just install it it should install without charging you
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    I didn't mention this, but there was a 3rd paid app I had (cost $1), I thought the same thing... just reinstall it and it shouldn't charge me... It did!
    it really should have installed when you signed into your palm profile . so did you sign into your original palm profile . although if you bought them and then wiped out your phone before it was backed up then you wont get them back with out talking directly to palm
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    This has happened to me as well. Sometimes if I go to reinstall an app, the app store will say something like "download again for free". Other times it wants me to purchase it again. Weird.
  6.    #6  
    That's what happened! Some apps allowed to download again for free, while the ones I required that I purchase them again.

What did you do for the apps. that required you to buy them again?

Looks like this is happening to more people than just me.
    I had the same thing happen to me with the code breaker app when I switched out my pre through advanced exchange (stuck power button issue)... I figured it was because when I downloaded the app originally it was free... but then later the dev started charging for it. So while it was part of my profile I had never actually paid for it.
    arent they tied to your palm profile?