Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreSolutions View Post
    Thank you very much for the wonderful comments! We really appreciate it.

I like the idea of launching the in-game page instead of tweeting. I'll make sure we add it to the list for a future update.

We've been trying to get info about the last scoring play, but that's proving to be more difficult. We're not giving up yet though!

Keep an eye out for the v1.5.0 update. It has a full scoreboard view if you want to quickly check the status of all the games in one screen. See a preview here: http://twitpic.com/1yuv1p
    Love the scoreboard idea.. i have another suggestion for you...is there any way to change the 'in game details' site? I usually use mlb.com instead of espn.com to get my pitch-by-pitch and would love the option to go there instead of espn.

Note i am using the sports live, not baseball live app
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Love the scoreboard idea.. i have another suggestion for you...is there any way to change the 'in game details' site? I usually use mlb.com instead of espn.com to get my pitch-by-pitch and would love the option to go there instead of espn.

Note i am using the sports live, not baseball live app
    Consider that done!

We have an experimental option to use mlb.com instead of espn.com. Just open the main settings card and start typing "iwantmlbcom" (no quotes). You'll see a banner notification at the bottom that says mlb.com mode is enabled. From that point on, all game links will send you to mlb.com. If you change your mind, just type the same thing again to disable it.

Keep in mind that we haven't fully-tested this mode. For example, during doubleheaders, it still doesn't work perfectly. After we flush out the details, we'll expose the setting in the app.
    Sports Live!: info | download
    Market Pulse HD: info | download

Follow us on Twitter: @MoreSolApps / @SportsLiveApps / @MarketPulseApp / @MoreStocks
    Find us on Facebook
    Nice... I love secret settings... as long as I know about them. hahaha

I'll be trying that tonight.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Consider that done!

We have an experimental option to use mlb.com instead of espn.com. Just open the main settings card and start typing "iwantmlbcom" (no quotes). You'll see a banner notification at the bottom that says mlb.com mode is enabled. From that point on, all game links will send you to mlb.com. If you change your mind, just type the same thing again to disable it.

Keep in mind that we haven't fully-tested this mode. For example, during doubleheaders, it still doesn't work perfectly. After we flush out the details, we'll expose the setting in the app.
    just tried this and it doesnt seem to work... is this just for baseball live, or does this work on Sports Live, too?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I used that trick last night (I'm running just Baseball Live) and it worked perfectly... although, I actually like the ESPN information flow better, so I switched it back after 2 innings. haha
  6.    #86  
    just tried this and it doesnt seem to work... is this just for baseball live, or does this work on Sports Live, too?
    This works in both Sports Live! and Baseball Live! I just tried it in both v1.4.2 and v1.5.0 and they both work correctly.

Make sure you are in the preferences page (where you see the update interval, alert type, etc.) and then start typing. If you make a mistake, you need to close the card and start over.

Follow us on Twitter: @MoreSolApps / @SportsLiveApps / @MarketPulseApp / @MoreStocks
    Find us on Facebook
    This works in both Sports Live! and Baseball Live! I just tried it in both v1.4.2 and v1.5.0 and they both work correctly.

Make sure you are in the preferences page (where you see the update interval, alert type, etc.) and then start typing. If you make a mistake, you need to close the card and start over.
    got it to work..had to close the card and start over... thnx!

Like any of my work:
  8.    #88  
    got it to work..had to close the card and start over... thnx!
    Glad you got it working!

I'm also happy to say that the next version explicitly includes this option in the settings page. You won't need to fumble with the secret phrase anymore.

Find us on Facebook
  9.    #89  
    For those that have updated to version of 1.5.0 of any Sports Live! app, we are aware of an issue where the ticker does not auto-update. We were able to identify the problem and already resolved the issue. A new update was submitted to Palm and we are escalating so they can hopefully approve the update as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, you can avoid the problem by opening the main card with the full scoreboard and tapping the refresh button in the lower-right corner. Doing so will automatically download the latest scores and update both the main app and the ticker area.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

Find us on Facebook
    Oh good, I was just coming here to report this... Thank you for being so on top of this!

The only thing better than a good app is a good app with great support.
  11.    #91  
    Thank you for understanding. We try to be as open as possible, especially when it comes to something like this.

I'll post back here as soon as the update is published.

I guess we could have said it was by design as a battery life improvement.
  12.    #92  
    New versions of the Sports Live! apps were just approved, so you should be able to update to the fixed version (1.5.1) shortly.

Thank you to everyone at Palm for pushing this through so quickly!

Find us on Facebook
  13.    #93  
    I forgot to add that v1.5.1 also includes 2 feature requests from this thread!

• You can now select mlb.com or espn.com directly from the settings page (no more secret code). Thanks @Audemars2!
    • There is also a new option to decide what happens when you tap a score alert. You can choose to go to the in-game website, tweet about it, or open the Facebook app to post an update. Thanks @Spader!

Both settings are available in all of our sports apps, including Sports Live! and Baseball Live!

Find us on Facebook
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Eric, what is your update interval setting? If you have it set to update very frequently, then the battery will drain very quickly. It gets even worse if your signal is weak.
    Just bought the Baseball Live app earlier this week.. It worked great on Tuesday night, but did not update my scores yesterday until I closed the app and re-opened it. After that, it was still not updating until I opened and closed the app. Set to 15 minute updates.

Also, I have a question.. If I set the app to start when my games do, does my battery drain more in the mean time? Like, let's say the game starts at 7pm.. Any time before that while the app is scheduled to begin, does that scheduling service take up more battery life than if I did not have that feature enable? Is my question making sense?

Thanks for a great app.
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrok View Post
    Just bought the Baseball Live app earlier this week.. It worked great on Tuesday night, but did not update my scores yesterday until I closed the app and re-opened it. After that, it was still not updating until I opened and closed the app. Set to 15 minute updates.

Also, I have a question.. If I set the app to start when my games do, does my battery drain more in the mean time? Like, let's say the game starts at 7pm.. Any time before that while the app is scheduled to begin, does that scheduling service take up more battery life than if I did not have that feature enable? Is my question making sense?

Thanks for a great app.
    Make sure you download the new version (1.5.1) to fix the auto-update problem.

Your battery won't have much extra impact with the auto-start at game time option. At noon (ET), the app downloads the start time for each of your favorite games in the background. It's a one-time download each day, so it won't affect the battery life noticeably.

Find us on Facebook
    I forgot to add that v1.5.1 also includes 2 feature requests from this thread!

• You can now select mlb.com or espn.com directly from the settings page (no more secret code). Thanks @Audemars2!
    • There is also a new option to decide what happens when you tap a score alert. You can choose to go to the in-game website, tweet about it, or open the Facebook app to post an update. Thanks @Spader!

Both settings are available in all of our sports apps, including Sports Live! and Baseball Live!
    Awesome! Nothing better than developers that listen to their users and act quickly to boot.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    1.5.1 does not seem to auto-launch the ticker at the start of a game for me. Anyone else having this issue?
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by allonon View Post
    1.5.1 does not seem to auto-launch the ticker at the start of a game for me. Anyone else having this issue?
    This can sometimes happen if you had a bad signal when the app tried to download the start times. To reset it, just toggle off the auto-start option and then toggle it back on. That usually does the trick.

Find us on Facebook
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    sorry if this has already been discused, but I have yet been able to fix this. I have lost my notifications. The ticker will update the score with no sound or blink. I have changed sounds to see if that was the problem, but no. Any help would be appreciated.

ps, sprint pre, and I have just updated to 1.6.0. Thanks
  20.    #100  
    In one of the previous updates (I think it was 1.5.5), a change was made to observe the ringer switch. If the switch is off, the phone will vibrate instead of playing the sound. Are you sure your ringer switch is on? Does vibrate work?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast