Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Are there any podcasts that you can actually get on this?

I want a good fantasy baseball podcast and everyone I try pulling up don't have any episodes.
    <...>
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post

I want a good fantasy baseball podcast and everyone I try pulling up don't have any episodes.
    If you have the URL, you can get just about anything.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Love Dr. Podder and haven't had any issues with it.

If you are using the search feature and the ones you are coming across do not have anything in them, they might be discontinued. Try finding one you know is current and add it, should work just fine.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

DUDE don't do that DR.Podder is freakin awesome, goto your desktop computer or laptop and google or somehow find the netcast you wanna listen to and use the url and put that into dr.podder and it will work fine, I rated this a one star because you shouldn't say something sucks when you just don't know what you are doing
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    If you have the URL, you can get just about anything.
    +1
    I am a DrPodder fan. It's been very useful for me and typically works very well.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre

Make sure you know what you're doing before you trash someone's app like that. A lot of people have been using drPodder for a long time with no problems. I've added numerous podcasts and never had a problem. Try using the browser to search for a podcast and add the URL manually. Your inability to figure out how to use the app does not mean it sucks.
    There's not one single podcast that I had on iTunes that I can't get on drPodder. It is hands down my favorite app on the Pre.

If you feel you can write a better podcatcher, feel free to do it. Seems pretty hollow to criticize something that a person has put a great deal of time and effort into, and that most people find works very well.

Not to mention the excellent response you get from drnull on the drPodder thread.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    The average user rating is 5 stars in the app catalogue so I think most people will disagree with you. Try asking questions before you trash something. There are plenty of people here willing to help if you approach the problem the right way.
  11. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts

So DrPodder sucks because you can't/won't/haven't bothered to find a podcast you like and enter the URL into the software?! DrPodder didn't create the built-in search lists; it just uses pre-existing search directories. If you don't like the results they give you, a) flame the directories, not the fantastic software!, and b) use your favorite search engine and just find the podcasts you do like! DrPodder is by far my most used app, and the developer is incredibly responsive and helpful. He doesn't deserve your post, especially when your anger/frustration is completely misdirected.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts

you SUCK! at LIFE!
    What are the baseball podcasts you are trying to use and maybe we can help you so you dont trash a great app.
    Really? Wow. You create a thread to bash an app versus going into the support thread created by the developer and asking for help?

I haven't had a single problem getting any of my podcasts to work. Perhaps user error is a factor.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    you SUCK! at LIFE!
    Took the words right out of my mouth.
    So you got results different than you wanted. Instead of recognizing that you can't figure out how to use the app and asking for help, you assume that the app must be broken and flame it.
    Awesome.
    Troll looking for attention thread.
  18.    #18  
    Yeah, apologize for badmouthing the program, but I wouldn't think you would have to find the URL for ESPN fantasy focus podcast to recieve it. Or the fact you can find the Rotokings fantasy baseball podcast on the drpodder database but it has no actual episodes. These are two of the largest fantasy baseball podcasts and are easily found on itunes.
  19. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Yeah, apologize for badmouthing the program, but I wouldn't think you would have to find the URL for ESPN fantasy focus podcast to recieve it. Or the fact you can find the Rotokings fantasy baseball podcast on the drpodder database but it has no actual episodes. These are two of the largest fantasy baseball podcasts and are easily found on itunes.
    Again, so use the iTunes search engine to find the podcasts you're searching for rather than the ones that DrPodder includes. You seem to be confusing the podcast engine with the podcast software. iTunes incorporates a podcast directory, an mp3 store, a video store, and app store, a podcast player, a video player, a music player, etc. all into one program. DrPodder is only trying to be a podcast player, not a podcast directory. It only provides access to a few podcast directories for anyone who doesn't already know the URL's they are seeking to add and/or doesn't want to look them up. The software has NO control over what's listed in those directories. You should direct your concerns over to the specific podcast directories that you find unsatisfactory. I'm sure your concerns regarding the directories are completely legit - they just have nothing to do with the DrPodder software you flamed. We must all be defending DrPodder for a reason It's great at what it's intended to be used for.
    These are two of the largest fantasy baseball podcasts and are easily found on itunes.
    Isn't being the largest fantasy baseball podcast sort of like being the thinnest kid at fat camp? I may be wrong, but it's sort of a niche market...
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast