Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    First let me preface this by saying I have no clue how to use Foursquare in the first place. I have been messing around with it a little and think I got the basics figured out. WHen I open the app it shows my location and shows me all of the "venues" nearby. Well I am not at one of those venues I am somewhere else. SO I want to add it. I click add new venue and go through all of the steps. After doing all of that the place I am at still does not show up and give me the option to "check in". Does anyone have an idea of what I am doing wrong?
    Chances are, the venue already exists. On the Nearby venues list, start typing to search for it.
    yea, a lot of times i'll be directly where the beacon is on the map yet the venue won't show up in "nearby venues".. from the main screen type the location you're looking for and hit enter, it will come up
    The new Foursquare...if you want to search, just start typing when the app opens.

Check the distance of your results. sometimes I don't get the right location. If then, there is nothing...ADD IT! You get points for adding.

app catalog, updated a few days ago to 1.0.4
    Palm Beta, updated tdoay to 1.0.5

The developer is great, updates beta frequently and tells when to expect updates.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    I use foursquare and gowalla to track places that I go to.
    Foursquare is fun, it can get quite addicting, especially when you start racking in the badges.
    huh?

Twitter: ed_moscoso
    Quote Originally Posted by klubhead View Post
    yea, a lot of times i'll be directly where the beacon is on the map yet the venue won't show up in "nearby venues".. from the main screen type the location you're looking for and hit enter, it will come up
    Awesome, thank you.
    If you go to a restaurant check out the tips section after checking in, often times people will recommend dishes. Usually they've come through for me.