1.    #1  
    So I emailed skyscape to see when they were going to support a native webos version (as has been stated on their website since 06/09)...here was their response...

"We are holding off on this as the Palm Pre has not done well in the market place. Please continue checking with us as this could change.

Regards,
    Jennifer"

Anyone want to send emails to skyscape to let them know there are others interested?

support@skyscape.com
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    So I emailed skyscape to see when they were going to support a native webos version (as has been stated on their website since 06/09)...here was their response...

"We are holding off on this as the Palm Pre has not done well in the market place. Please continue checking with us as this could change.

Regards,
    Jennifer"

Anyone want to send emails to skyscape to let them know there are others interested?

support@skyscape.com
    unfortunately i see many major developers going this way....
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Done, for what it's worth...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    unfortunately i see many major developers going this way....
    This remains to be seen. Again, I think it's worth noting: Palm's not dead yet. They'll have a device on the top 3 carriers in a month or so. They're growing stronger overseas. At some point, critical mass can be reached even with the relatively poor sales.

Note that I'm not saying it will happen, only that it's not a foregone conclusion that it won't.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Well that stinks! Epocrates and Lexicomp apparently think there was a big enough market to pursue webos. Hopefully a successful next generation webos device from HPalm will encourage developers like Skyscape and Dataviz to reconsider support for the platform...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Well that stinks! Epocrates and Lexicomp apparently think there was a big enough market to pursue webos. Hopefully a successful next generation webos device from HPalm will encourage developers like Skyscape and Dataviz to reconsider support for the platform...
    At this point, I don't think HPalm is going to make a big splash in the cell phone market. I say this because of the recent android explosion. WebOS is very pretty and elegant, but it's functionality is still lacking compared to android. Plus, every carrier has high end android phones right now.

However, where I see HPalm making their big come-back is in the tablet market. Knock the PalmPad out of the park and embarrass the iPad and you will get followers, making sure you can buy it without a contract or anything. Once you get a following, go to cell-phones and and integrate your cellphones to your tablets. Basically take the opposite tac as apple has done with the iPhone/iPad.

Incidentally, I am more interested in seeing top-notch native medical apps on a tablet rather than on a cellphone atm.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Would still like to see an increase in the number of medical available for webOS smartphones.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    bleeeeh
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Would still like to see an increase in the number of medical available for webOS smartphones.
    A nice little app would be one that just searches google scholar.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I have an app called PalmEKG that I run under Classic. Would love to see a webOS version.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Classic is dying with WebOS2 - now it really is time to encourage Skyscape to develop for WebOS!
    I didn't look into what this app is but I sent them off an email for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBooDoc View Post
    Classic is dying with WebOS2 - now it really is time to encourage Skyscape to develop for WebOS!
    I sent a follow-up email to Skyscape about a month ago and they never replied.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Hopefully more Emails will get noticed. See my post about Epocrates in this forum tonight...
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Email sent. I've used their products for years!

WyreNut
    Pre2/3/TouchPad, and TouchDroid user.