1.    #1  

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good word processing app for the WebOS? I want an app that hopefully has Spell-Check and an Auto-Save feature. I have been looking for this type of app for a while, but haven't been able to find one with enough features to be worth the price. I don't want just a basic "Notes" app; instead I want a full work processor. Or at least as close to a full word processor as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I know the mobile version of google docs won't let you edit documents, but have you tried using it with the user agent patch? I just thought of this now and am curious about how well it would work, but I left my Pre at home and won't be able to try till later. Hope this works/helps!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by vandelay View Post
    I know the mobile version of google docs won't let you edit documents, but have you tried using it with the user agent patch? I just thought of this now and am curious about how well it would work, but I left my Pre at home and won't be able to try till later. Hope this works/helps!
    I haven't used Google Document all that many time. I do have the iPhone Spoof Patch installed, but I can't seem to create new documents or edit old ones. You do have a really good idea; I just don't know enough about the service to know how to make it work within the Mobile-Version.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...ml#post2367605

Vote here for Document Editing... OfficeSuite needs to consider WebOS!
    I really hope we get it. Not only would it be a great app it would give WebOS some much needed popularity.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I do have the iPhone Spoof Patch installed, but I can't seem to create new documents or edit old ones.
    I meant to spoof a desktop browser that is webkit based such as chrome or safari, but after looking, it appears we only have a patch to spoof the iphone's web browser. Now with xorg being ported over to the pre, that means that apps such as OOo will be possible eventually. We also have the QTspread demo which is a port of kspread I think, which hopefully means a port of kword is also possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions for a good word processing app for the WebOS? I want an app that hopefully has Spell-Check and an Auto-Save feature.
    My application, Scratch, landed in the App Catalog this week. It auto-saves, allows lists and headings, and works in paragraphs instead of line breaks, just like any desktop word processor.

It may not do everything right now that QuickOffice or Documents to Go did on the old Palm OS -- but it is only $5, and updates are free forever.
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Apps: Scratch, GasMath, CheckMath
    Thanks for the heads up. You just got yourself another $5. I've been making do with too little for any sort of word processing.
    Thank you for the $3.50 (Roughly my 70% cut after Palm's share.)
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

i suggest changing your name into something with "word" on it so people can easily identify it as a text editor. Gonna give you my $5 too. Precentral should help promote this calling Dieter!
    I am looking at this as well (Scratch), and could not find anything in a search so posted a new thread about it. As soon as there are more downloads and reviews I will buy it. Can the text be coppied and pasted into a Word Document?
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    I am looking at this as well (Scratch), and could not find anything in a search so posted a new thread about it. As soon as there are more downloads and reviews I will buy it. Can the text be coppied and pasted into a Word Document?
    YES.

There are three ways to get text out of Scratch and into an MS word document (Or HTML file, or PDF, or OpenOffice.org file, etc). In inverted order of simplicity (descending) and privacy (ascending):

1: Use the built-in feature of Scratch to upload an entry to Google Docs, and then download it as a Word Document.

2: Use the built-in feature to email a file to send yourself an e-mail, and then copy the text to your Word Processing Program.

3: Grab the SQLite database file, something that can read SQLite, and pull the HTML yourself from the database's table.

If you get stuck on the last one and privacy is a must, you can shoot me an e-mail; I have a dedicated address linked on the "Help" page in Scratch.
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Where can I see some screen shots and a full description of Scratch. I am ready to buy. Just when I see a few of the details first.

EDIT: Did a Google search for "Scratch WebOS" and found enough good info. Bought it.
    Last edited by swieder; 06/03/2010 at 03:15 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)