1.    #1  
    Don't know if this has been posted before, but here's a little tutorial on how to get (free) apps not available in your country (e.g. US only apps) to install on your device:

HOWTO Circumvent Palm App Catalog Regional Filtering | Live Runway
    It might be interesting if somebody could make an app (desktop or mobile based) that would allow the user to enter the information and that would, accordingly to this method, output a package ready to be sent by WOSQI!!!

If I ever get the time to do anything, I might take a look at it...
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectLogic View Post
    It might be interesting if somebody could make an app (desktop or mobile based) that would allow the user to enter the information and that would, accordingly to this method, output a package ready to be sent by WOSQI!!!

this method of circumvention has been well known for a while.

And while you could use my Ipk Packager app to create such "dummy" packages, it's worth noting Palm will probably plug such an obvious security hole like this with increased public usage/awareness.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  4.    #4  
    I'm not really sure as to how high a priority on Palm's todo list this is. Seems this works only for free apps, so I wouldn't really call this a security hole, and taking into account all the fiddling with app IDs and stuff, it's unlikely that this become a mainstream thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectLogic View Post

No need to, IPK Fetcher has been rewritten for a while now and is going to be uploaded very soon. If you know where to get it.... I'm not going to make it too big this time.

Jason already warned you: lets keep it small for now, Palm reacted VERY quickly the first time I released my tool on precentral. I don't see a good reason for Palm to break the new method again, because apps are downloaded from the device this time and this won't work for paid apps, but you never know.

Just so you know..
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering
    Thanks to you, Jason Robitaille and Blacklight, for the answer. I guess I won't loose my time trying to redo what's already been done.
  7.    #7  
    Just a quick update: Seems Palm is starting to listen. I just realized this a few minutes ago, but Palm has added 'English' as an option for every (even non-English speaking) country to their app submission forms.

That makes it a lot more straight forward and easier to submit your apps for worldwide distribution even without translations / localizations.

Thxx a lot Palm!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jurtrx View Post
    Just a quick update: Seems Palm is starting to listen. I just realized this a few minutes ago, but Palm has added 'English' as an option for every (even non-English speaking) country to their app submission forms.

That makes it a lot more straight forward and easier to submit your apps for worldwide distribution even without translations / localizations.

Thxx a lot Palm!!!!!!!!
    That's a first step in the right direction! So easy, and yet it took them so long...
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering