Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Is it ok to share those apps that are free in the catalog?

Reason im asking is offcourse because of all us living in unsupported countries that don't have access to any apps at all.

Suspect that its not ok for some strange reason but I might as well ask. I think many like me would feel a lot less frustration towards Palm if we could have access to the free apps.

So, if re-distribution is ok the community could help the ones that are less fortunate app wise.
    I don't initially come to think of any good reasons why free apps couldn't be distributed from hand to hand unless they are especially made available free for a geographic are or the like.

Distributing the free versions of a couple of 3D games from Gameloft released for Europe - for a time limited period, in for instance USA, would clearly not be all right.

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    NFSU and similar apps that are normaly paid ones shouldn't be shared. Im thinking more about Facebook, Engadget and similar free apps.

Is it up to each developer or does signing up for the App Catalog also mean thats the only lawful distribution feed?

Understand if its very senistive to discuss this as none would like to be accused of piracy.

So, would sharing a free app to a fellow Palm webOS user be ok or not?
    From a strict copyright standpoint, its likely a no no
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    I don't think it would be that simple do dismiss as we're only talking distribution method of something that has been made available for free by the authors - likely most of them has done so without reservations/restrictions - unlike the mentioned Gameloft apps.

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    do it.. Can't you get it from precentral?