Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Has anyone gotten any of the new photo upload methods to work in the newest foursquare release? It has support for a few services now, but no instructions and none seem to work....for me anyway.

Anyone with insight or luck?
    ive not gotten the photos to work either
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    I have had luck with the photo uploads, they now even show up in the app...

Mostly I have used it to show up on my Twitter or Facebook, just shows a link to the tweetphoto or which ever service you chose. It was buggy in the first couple versions that had it, but if you have the most current seems to work ok but not perfect....

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    using which of the services. By not working I mean I can not see uploaded photos within foursquare app. I'm not sure about twitter links because I don't publish my check-ins.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgiven View Post
    using which of the services. By not working I mean I can not see uploaded photos within foursquare app. I'm not sure about twitter links because I don't publish my check-ins.
    Just upload your photo to one of the services that foursquare uses, then click the camera icon, you will then be able to see the photo showing under the service you picked. This only works with the mobile app, can not see them on the website as of now...

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    I had success today posting to FB, using Foursquare|Flickr. in the options menu, I had to setup/link 4sq to Flickr, providing my Flickr username/pass and accepting the connection yada yada. Afterwards, it was a bit slow in the process, but ultimately successful. a link to the flickr stream showed up, along with my shout-out and 4sq location thumbnail in a tidy News Feed update on FB. good stuff. Make sure you're using the most recent version. I'm using 1.0.4. And if the spinner's going...give it some time
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    Flickr's API for retrieving machine tags (the method the photos get tagged with the venue's ID) can be splotchy. The other services should work fine when simply uploading straight to the venue via the photos option.

During check-ins and shouts, you should get a short URL appended to your shout linking to the photo on the proper service.

I've seen it take days for Flickr photos to appear in the app. I'll try and look further into this.