webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Done! for Toodledo
Done! for Toodledo
Like Tree2Likes

Old 04/03/2010, 06:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Done! is a new todo-list app that will sync with Toodledo. It's in the early beta stage, but has enough functionality to be useful.

The app is currently able to login to Toodledo, sync tasks, folders & contexts, and add tasks on device. Changes to tasks on device are synced to web and vice-versa. Some features are not yet implemented...

Please let me know what you like, what you don't like, any suggestions for improvement. Let's make this the best tasks app for webOS!

Here's the current "ToDo" list for Done!:
http://www.toodledo.com/views/public...2581;f=4577769

More info can be found at http://www.tigercountrysoftware.com/done
Attached Images
File Type: png done_2010-15-04_180833.png (63.8 KB, 186 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by haeffb; 06/06/2010 at 08:26 PM.
haeffb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2010, 06:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

If it could have notifications like the built-in tasks app, that would be great. I want a tasks app for webOS that syncs with something online but also has background notifications that I don't have to load the application for. Something like the builtin tasks app or the new facebook for webOS app that has background notifications even when the app isn't running.

Add that and this would be the perfect app for me. It would even make me switch from RTM to Toodledo!
chiefplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2010, 06:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

is it available for testing yet?

Browser Mega Mix|Email Mega Mix|Additional Sync Days|
Disable Various Phone Sounds|Priority Discard Buttons|
mamouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2010, 07:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
If it could have notifications like the built-in tasks app, that would be great. I want a tasks app for webOS that syncs with something online but also has background notifications that I don't have to load the application for. Something like the builtin tasks app or the new facebook for webOS app that has background notifications even when the app isn't running.

Add that and this would be the perfect app for me. It would even make me switch from RTM to Toodledo!
Notifications are coming.

It should be available in Preware by now. If not yet, shortly.
Old 04/18/2010, 08:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

The app looks great.

I have a question on the top two pull down items. When I first pull it up they both say ALL TASKS. Does the left one do something different than the right one?

When I clicked on HOTLIST it gave me a lists of tasks due in the next couple of days. It does not match my HOTLIST that is defined on the web. Is it supposed to or is there a way to define what the HOTLIST on the phone should do? Sorry if that is still in the works.

In the create new task, I would like to see a SAVE TASK button like you did on TASKADDER. It is more obvious than just doing the back slash like now.

Thanks for writing this.

Tom
byrne05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2010, 09:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Does Done! do automatic syncing at all? Every 10 minutes? When you close the app or is it all manual?

Here is what I did.

1. I created a new task.
2. Closed the application.
3. Started the application again.
4. The new task is still on the phone but even if I manually sync the new task is not on the web.
5. If I change something on this new task and then manually sync it shows up on the web.

I am just worried if I forget to manually sync I may leave a task on the phone and never see it if I am using Toodledo from the web.

Is there a way to sync on exit of the application?

Thanks,
Tom
Old 04/18/2010, 09:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

Installed haeffb can we look for some of the same tweaks you made with your agenda and myles app? Will there be a way to sync with the native tasks app?

Old 04/18/2010, 09:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

Will this add tasks to the calendar?

Old 04/19/2010, 07:01 AM   #9 (permalink)

The right menu changes depending on what you select in the left menu. For example, if you choose "Folders" on the left menu, the right will let you choose a specific folder to display.

No "save task" button, because webOS apps aren't supposed to use them.

No auto-syncing yet - it's all manual. Syncing will transfer any changes made on the device or web since the last sync. Currently, if a task is changed in both places, the web version overwrites the device version. Could change that if needed - maybe an option in prefs?

Auto-syncing will come. Should the app auto-sync at a set interval? If so, what interval? Sync on open/close? Sync on every change (probably excessive)?

I don't see a point in syncing with the built-in tasks app, and doing so would prevent Done from going into the app catalog. Are you just looking for a way to import existing data? Or true two-way syncing?

Adding tasks to Calendar is a possibility, but again, only with a Done-specific calendar in your Calendar app or we lose app catalogability. You could use Toodledo's iCal feature to add them to a Google Calendar.
Old 04/19/2010, 07:59 AM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks for the explanation on Syncing.

I would like to see automatic syncing on Open for sure. On close would be nice as it would save the work in case I forgot to manually sync. A real nicety would be to sync every 30 minutes if app is open or add that as a option in preferences.

Can you explain where HOTLIST gets its selection criteria from? Is it just default to a certain number of days? It does not match the HOTLIST I setup on Toodledo web which is fine but just want to see what it does give me.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 04/19/2010, 08:22 AM   #11 (permalink)

it is supposed to match the web hotlist. May be a bug.
Old 04/19/2010, 09:29 AM   #12 (permalink)

@haeffb Thx a lot. Working like a charm so far. If this is just an early beta, Im eager to see it growing. Toby
tklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/19/2010, 10:04 AM   #13 (permalink)

Here is what I found when I tried out hotlist.

When I first open the application and I had closed it with HOTLIST selected, it will remember that selection and bring up the HOTLIST the next time application is opened. When that happens it seems to default showing tasks due in next 7 days. My Hotlist setting in Toodledo on the web is set to 1 day.

If I hit the refresh button it will update the Hotlist display and it then shows the number of days I have set on the web + 1 day. If I set it to 1 day on web it will show 2 days on phone. If I choose 5 days on web it will show 6 days on the phone, etc.

One other thing I found.
When application is opened the top options open as All Tasks/Hotlist. If I change that to Folders/Home and then I hit sync button it will change the options back to All Tasks/Hotlist when I expected it to leave it as Folders/Home which is what it was when I hit sync button.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 04/19/2010, 10:37 AM   #14 (permalink)

@haeffb: Great app!

Best app for toodledo.
talorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/19/2010, 04:20 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
The right menu changes depending on what you select in the left menu. For example, if you choose "Folders" on the left menu, the right will let you choose a specific folder to display.

No "save task" button, because webOS apps aren't supposed to use them.

No auto-syncing yet - it's all manual. Syncing will transfer any changes made on the device or web since the last sync. Currently, if a task is changed in both places, the web version overwrites the device version. Could change that if needed - maybe an option in prefs?

Auto-syncing will come. Should the app auto-sync at a set interval? If so, what interval? Sync on open/close? Sync on every change (probably excessive)?
I think it should syn on closing the app as well as a predetermined interval
Quote:
I don't see a point in syncing with the built-in tasks app, and doing so would prevent Done from going into the app catalog. Are you just looking for a way to import existing data? Or true two-way syncing?
importing existing data
Quote:
Adding tasks to Calendar is a possibility, but again, only with a Done-specific calendar in your Calendar app or we lose app catalogability. You could use Toodledo's iCal feature to add them to a Google Calendar.
I am fine with an extra calendar that would make it perfect for me.

Old 04/19/2010, 05:24 PM   #16 (permalink)

@haeffb I am really liking done, however I have noticed that no matter what I set my preference to checked items seem to stick around. I everything seems to be syncing fine however, and it only appears to be tasks that I have marked done today... Possible Bug?
direwolf79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/19/2010, 08:26 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf79 View Post
@haeffb I am really liking done, however I have noticed that no matter what I set my preference to checked items seem to stick around. I everything seems to be syncing fine however, and it only appears to be tasks that I have marked done today... Possible Bug?
Definite bug. Er. Actually just something that I forgot to add to the code. It will be fixed in the next release.

When "Hide Completed" is set to yes, Done will hide completed tasks as soon as they're checked. If set to no, it will hide completed tasks after 1 day.

You can always see completed tasks by selecting the "Completed" list option (the left menu in the header).
Old 04/19/2010, 08:28 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
I think it should syn on closing the app as well as a predetermined interval

importing existing data

I am fine with an extra calendar that would make it perfect for me.

I may be able to put together something for importing tasks from the Tasks app...but it won't be soon as I have other issues to deal with first.

I'd recommend using the iCal option from Toodledo to Google for a calendar hookup. Adding a palm calendar from Done is a possibility, but again, down the road.
Old 04/19/2010, 08:29 PM   #19 (permalink)

This is great, I use the hell out of toodledo. Going to Preware now.
I use it with Google Calendar and with Outlook.
My outlook sync still works although they don't support it anymore.
cjdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/19/2010, 08:31 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrne05 View Post
Here is what I found when I tried out hotlist.

When I first open the application and I had closed it with HOTLIST selected, it will remember that selection and bring up the HOTLIST the next time application is opened. When that happens it seems to default showing tasks due in next 7 days. My Hotlist setting in Toodledo on the web is set to 1 day.

If I hit the refresh button it will update the Hotlist display and it then shows the number of days I have set on the web + 1 day. If I set it to 1 day on web it will show 2 days on phone. If I choose 5 days on web it will show 6 days on the phone, etc.
I think I've fixed this so that it will match Toodledo. Let me know if the next release doesn't solve the problem.

Quote:

One other thing I found.
When application is opened the top options open as All Tasks/Hotlist. If I change that to Folders/Home and then I hit sync button it will change the options back to All Tasks/Hotlist when I expected it to leave it as Folders/Home which is what it was when I hit sync button.
Bug. Will fix it.
Thanked By: achatina

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0