Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daveway View Post
    My 2cents is that Done! doesn't/shouldn't sync completed tasks. And tasks completed on Done! should be synched to Toodledo but then removed from Done!.

I've been using the old Palm OS for 10 years and now the Pre with Chapura's Task manager for the last year. With Palm OS it, by default, kept completed tasks and when something went wrong and you had to resync everything it took forever because it would resync all completed tasks.
    Conversely, with Chapura's Pre app, it removes completed tasks when they are completed (though it of course syncs them back to Outlook). And a couple of times I've had to reload, and not having to sync completed tasks makes it that much quicker.

So anyway - I don't think Done! should store completed tasks after a sync, or try to download completed tasks from Toodledo.

Just my thoughts.

I agree IF...

...we keep the delay of 24hrs as implemented in Done!

I'd like to see what I have done and accomplished.
    So having an automatic 'remover' of done tasks after 24hrs would be great.

Daveway, you're right. AFTERWARDS there is no need to keep it on Done!

@haeffb: Can you do it about that way? That would be great!

Greetings,
    Rolf
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    It could be possible. But implementing multiple accounts in Done would not be easy...would essentially have to re-code from scratch.

So, you're not wanting to share one account with wifey...you want your own AND one that is shared, right?
    I have to admit I'd find this option really useful. My wife and I share access to each other's Google Calendars right now and she's always adding stuff to my calendar and visa versa, but mostly they are task-related items. That wouldn't be an option if the calendar app only allowed us to have one calendar account because of course sharing a single calendar wouldn't be practical.

Similarly, it would be nice to have access to multiple accounts here.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    I have to admit I'd find this option really useful. My wife and I share access to each other's Google Calendars right now and she's always adding stuff to my calendar and visa versa, but mostly they are task-related items. That wouldn't be an option if the calendar app only allowed us to have one calendar account because of course sharing a single calendar wouldn't be practical.

Similarly, it would be nice to have access to multiple accounts here.
    Do you need to SEE each other's task lists? If not, there are some great features whereby you can put items on each other's list via e-mail. For each, when my wife wants to put something on my todo list, she simply sends it to my Toodledo e-mail address.

Of course, she can't actually see my list. So, if that's not a must for you, the approach is use can work quite well.
  4.    #164  
    Or...how about the ability to send tasks to another account from Done? That might be a nice feature...
    How about adding the ability to sort the view alphabetically (i.e. when in folders)?
  6.    #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    I agree IF...

...we keep the delay of 24hrs as implemented in Done!

I'd like to see what I have done and accomplished.
    So having an automatic 'remover' of done tasks after 24hrs would be great.

Daveway, you're right. AFTERWARDS there is no need to keep it on Done!

@haeffb: Can you do it about that way? That would be great!

Greetings,
    Rolf
    I might add that as an option. I'm guessing that some people may want to see their completed tasks (i.e. that's why there's a "Completed" list option in Done).
    So some tweaks I'd like to see:
    I want the contexts and folders to be sorted.
    Whether in the drop down filters or while editing a task and selecting the drop down to assign it a folder or context.
    All these areas don't sort alphabetically my folders and contexts.

Also, I'd like the Subject field, when editing a task, to expand like the Notes field. It's kind of a pain to somehow get it to scroll over when I have a long task name. So if the field just expanded when it's longer than I can just touch around and edit as needed.

Now then, my requested top priorities:

-Search
    -Alerts/Reminders

Those two things would add greatly to the app.
    I know they've been mentioned before, I'm just throwing in my vote.

As to completed tasks - like you said, if you could make it an option that would probably please most people. I also don't mind having completed tasks, and sometimes want to look at them. I just don't want ALL my completed tasks on there. Nor do I want it to sync tasks completed via the web interface to my phone. That just seems like unnecessary syncing to me.

Again - just my2cents
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Do you need to SEE each other's task lists? If not, there are some great features whereby you can put items on each other's list via e-mail. For each, when my wife wants to put something on my todo list, she simply sends it to my Toodledo e-mail address.

Of course, she can't actually see my list. So, if that's not a must for you, the approach is use can work quite well.
    Hmm, I'll have to check that out. I'm just working on getting started with Toodledo so I hadn't noticed the email option. That's a good alternative, though I still do like idea of being able to access more than one Toodledo account.
    I might add that as an option. I'm guessing that some people may want to see their completed tasks (i.e. that's why there's a "Completed" list option in Done).
    +1
    How will Collaboration work? The Wife and I are trying out Pro trials, and would love functionality similar to calendar where we can see and add entries. Didn't see anything in the APIs for getting data from Collaboration.

Seems like you might be able to have special folders with "Alias - FolderName" for basic support. So select Folder on Left and the Alias - Folders on right.

Edit - Looking at the API, they haven't exposed Collaboration. Bummer.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 05/04/2010 at 03:20 PM.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Hi haeffb
    The 24h removal of completed tasks as an option is fine / great.
    Eventually, one could even offer the option to choose the time (eg xxx hrs/days) after which a completed task gets deleted or better said: removed from Done! (but still being in toodledo)

Thanks for your great work and remarkable responsiveness.

Rolf
    Or...how about the ability to send tasks to another account from Done? That might be a nice feature...
    I think this is the way to go. Have a screen that will be almost the same as an Add Task. At the top you have a pull down to select the special email of the person you wish to send a task to. Automatically selecting the last one used if there is more than one. Then open and email to send, formatting the message using the codes they allow. (Might need to limit the entry if not all fields have Email codes, I didn't look that close.)

This would do most of what I want while I'm on my Pre for Collaboration. Giving others tasks. I wish the /slim web page has collaboration on it. Would reduce the pain to be able to kick that open from Done!

It told me.
    Auto-Sync should check for airplane mode & abort if detected. I have my phone set to shut down at night & turn on in the morning & noticed the screen waking up every half hour to say that it couldn't connect to the server last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I think this is the way to go. Have a screen that will be almost the same as an Add Task. At the top you have a pull down to select the special email of the person you wish to send a task to. Automatically selecting the last one used if there is more than one. Then open and email to send, formatting the message using the codes they allow. (Might need to limit the entry if not all fields have Email codes, I didn't look that close.)

This would do most of what I want while I'm on my Pre for Collaboration. Giving others tasks. I wish the /slim web page has collaboration on it. Would reduce the pain to be able to kick that open from Done!
    My wife and I are sharing a single account right now and so far it works great. I am considering making use of context or something to "isolate" our lists. Not sure if that will work or not, but I am just totally geeked that I can finally share a list with my wife, it was one of those things that disappointed the heck out of me on the Pre.
    Finally syncing now, after that latest update. Now I can play around with it.

On the topic of notifications.

I agree pretty much with what Chiefplt said.

I just want notifications to come up down below in the dashboard.
    If I click on the text of the notification it should take me to the task itself, so I can review, check it off, or whatever.
    Also from the notification, I should be able to postpone it, like for 30min, 1 hour, 1:30pm, etc, with the last option being to again enter the task and change the notification myself. But I would want a couple of quick "postpone this until" options right in the dashboard.

And then even more of a wishlist:
    It would be nice if the notifications built up on each other. So if I ignored 2 or 3, I could tap the notification area and see a list of all the recent notifications, and then tapping on one of those in the list would take me to the actual task to checkoff or whatever.

All of the above is how Chapura's task manager handles alerts.
    Just FYI.
    "I"m with you fellers."

I wanted to chime in on the notifications as well. I agree that integrated notifications, while I am sure are more coding, make the app feel much more complete. The notification area is highly underutilized by most apps. Take a look at Geostrings for an example of someone making good use of them.

For me, snoozing is a priority. When an alarm goes off and I am elbow deep in toddler excrement I am sure to just quickly shut up any alarm and then quickly forget about it.
    Simple list - I could do that, but the size of the checkbox is such that with only the title displayed you get lots of whitespace & the list item height is really no different than with the title & duedate displayed. So I'm leaving them both in there for now. I can see how that may annoy someone who doesn't use duedates and will think about ways to optimize the display contents...down the road.

Default folder - could probably make a pref to "Use current folder, context, goal, etc as default). However, this could cause confusion as the "default" folder is used when in lists other than Folder. & same for contexts, etc. Will think about this one.

I'd like to have a quick add option, too.
    No problem on the simple list, it really is more of just what I am used to. Easier for me to adjust than you to have to recode it

Your idea of making it a pref to "User current folder, context, goal, etc as default" sounds 150% PERFECT. That would fit exactly the way I am currently using the app.

Also, in regards to the spinny issue. I had it over 2 or 3 versions (forget for sure), I was about to sit in a corner and cry until I downloaded the latest version. Spinny issue is GONE. I am back in full Done happiness.

Thanks a ton for this app!
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    Auto-Sync should check for airplane mode & abort if detected. I have my phone set to shut down at night & turn on in the morning & noticed the screen waking up every half hour to say that it couldn't connect to the server last night.
    Hhhmm...

You've got your point. And I (partially) agree with you.

On the other hand: I guess, that depends a bit on user setups as well.

When airplane mode is set, some still have WiFi connection and would like to sync that way.

I for example don't have a data plan (but a very good deal on an old phone plan, not offered anymore). And therefore would like to avoid phone data usage and do my syncing via WiFi only. (At home, at work or on the road via 'fon' hotspots.)

I am not sure what the best sync setup options will be to cover most of those needs.
    Maybe someone has a good idea?

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by rgloor; 05/05/2010 at 06:56 AM.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Regarding how to handle task reminders, due dates, etc., I think I would prefer dashboard reminders, with custom alarms in advance, custom snooze lengths, past due reminders etc.

I am not so turned on by another calendar.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    My wife and I are sharing a single account right now and so far it works great. I am considering making use of context or something to "isolate" our lists. Not sure if that will work or not, but I am just totally geeked that I can finally share a list with my wife, it was one of those things that disappointed the heck out of me on the Pre.
    There really isn't a way to share an account if you are using both Folders and Contexts.

I now have my folders sorted and named so that the numbers correspond to keyboard shortcuts on the web interface:

2 Work
    3 Homeowner (Honey Do list)
    4 Personal
    5 Word Whirl
    6 Project 1

My Contexts are:

2 .Inbox
    3 .Waiting For
    4 @Work
    5 @Home
    6 @Computer
    7 @Errands
    8 @People/Calls

This allows for a GTD style processing. If I we share folders, I would possibly get her tasks to do at @Home along with mine. It would just get confusing.

Currently, the only real annoyance with using this on Done! is the lack of sorting the Folders and Contexts in both the pull downs and lists.

Another thing that would be cool is to use Context or Folder as default in the Add scene if you are filtered to that when Adding.

Done has already earned its spot in my wave launcher bar.

It told me.
  20.    #180  
    So anyway - I don't think Done! should store completed tasks after a sync, or try to download completed tasks from Toodledo.
    I may add an option to (not) sync completed tasks from Toodledo on the initial sync. And add an option to delete from Done after completion (after some time period). Or add the ability to manually purge completed tasks.

Thanks for the feedback.
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast