Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 987
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #141  
    Honestly, I think it is not appropriate to a different product in Done!
    Point taken, I'll stop. I can see that it is confusing.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  2. #142  
    Is it or could it be possible to sync multiple toodledo accounts? I would like to choose between two accounts and "bounce" between the two. This way I could share one with the wifey.
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    It appears that webOS may be killing the sync function because it's taking too long. I'm revamping the sync routines & will hopefully speed up the processing.
    Til the last update I also experienced the spinning wheel only having less than 20 tasks :-)
    Today it worked fine, I'll keep on reporting.
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    Is it or could it be possible to sync multiple toodledo accounts? I would like to choose between two accounts and "bounce" between the two. This way I could share one with the wifey.
    It could be possible. But implementing multiple accounts in Done would not be easy...would essentially have to re-code from scratch.

    So, you're not wanting to share one account with wifey...you want your own AND one that is shared, right?
  5.    #145  
    I am going to upload version 0.0.7. It has revised syncing code - still not exactly sure where you guys are running into errors, so I don't know if I've fixed anything or not. It's very difficult to try to debug something that I can't reproduce!
  6. #146  
    @haeffb

    Since the last update (0.0.6) the spinny wheel didnīt show up again.
    Depending on what the others think I was wondering, if the "information window" with the details regarding the sync could be displayed a tiny bit longer and moved a bit down so itīs centered?

    Anyway, kudos for your great work and for having an open ear for our needs. Definitively going to buy as quickly as it enters the catalog.

    Cheers, Toby
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by tklr View Post
    @haeffb

    Since the last update (0.0.6) the spinny wheel didnīt show up again.
    Depending on what the others think I was wondering, if the "information window" with the details regarding the sync could be displayed a tiny bit longer and moved a bit down so itīs centered?

    Anyway, kudos for your great work and for having an open ear for our needs. Definitively going to buy as quickly as it enters the catalog.

    Cheers, Toby
    The sync info was just kinda a workaround so that something would stay on the screen if there is a major error that kills the sync process. What I was actually planning was to include the info at the bottom of the task list. Or perhaps a time-delayed popup if you tap the "last sync" line at the bottom.

    Yeah. I like that idea.

    Edit: Forgot to ask - is anyone still having issues with due dates not showing up at the correct time/date?
  8. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    The sync info was just kinda a workaround so that something would stay on the screen if there is a major error that kills the sync process. What I was actually planning was to include the info at the bottom of the task list. Or perhaps a time-delayed popup if you tap the "last sync" line at the bottom.

    Yeah. I like that idea.

    Edit: Forgot to ask - is anyone still having issues with due dates not showing up at the correct time/date?
    +1 for the time-delayed popup if you tap.

    Concerning that popup, what do you and the others think about the number of changed "things" being coloured for readability?
    And maybe including smth like a (single) letter code here for which sync-direction is set in the preferences. Could be handy in my eyes.

    So far no more issues with dates being shifted.

    Toby
  9. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by tklr View Post
    @haeffb
    Anyway, kudos for your great work and for having an open ear for our needs. Definitively going to buy as quickly as it enters the catalog.

    Cheers, Toby
    +1
  10. dj200's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #150  
    Great app so far but do you have any plans to integrate the tasks into your other great app, Agenda?

    I currently use Outline Tracker which allows you to create a calendar event for a task which will then show up in Agenda. I find this extremely useful for checking my meetings/tasks for the day.

    I know you mentioned a workaround for creating a calendar via Toodledo/Google Calendar but the problem with this is that it creates an all day event every day whether you have a task that day or not! It also doesn't actually show the task details when there is one.

    If you can add this functionality together with notifications/reminders and you'll have a customer here!
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    It could be possible. But implementing multiple accounts in Done would not be easy...would essentially have to re-code from scratch.

    So, you're not wanting to share one account with wifey...you want your own AND one that is shared, right?
    Yes sir. One for me only and one to share with wifey..... But recoding is not an option. This not a big deal. Btw this ap rocks. You are doing some great work here. Get it in the ap catalog and start cashing.... I feel like donating.
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by dj200 View Post
    Great app so far but do you have any plans to integrate the tasks into your other great app, Agenda?

    If you can add this functionality together with notifications/reminders and you'll have a customer here!
    I'm currently struggling with (thinking about) how to handle reminders/alarms/etc.

    One option would be to simply create a Done! calendar that would include any tasks with due dates/times.

    The other option would be to handle reminders/alarms internally, with a pop-up dashboard notification.

    Both methods seem to have some appeal...what do y'all think?

    What about past due tasks? Should there be a daily notification if you have an overdue task?

    Give me some examples of how you'd use reminder/alarms/notifications with your tasks...
  13. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Done currently syncs all tasks, including completed tasks. Would the 976 include tasks that you've completed? If so, you need to work on doing more stuff...10% completed is not enough!

    It appears that webOS may be killing the sync function because it's taking too long. I'm revamping the sync routines & will hopefully speed up the processing.

    Haha - I actually just switched to Toodledo about 2 weeks ago, I've been migrating my tasks from Outlook and my completed Outlook tasks don't get migrated over.
    So the 10% is just in the last two weeks that Toodledo has been tracking my tasks.

    My 2cents is that Done! doesn't/shouldn't sync completed tasks. And tasks completed on Done! should be synched to Toodledo but then removed from Done!.

    I've been using the old Palm OS for 10 years and now the Pre with Chapura's Task manager for the last year. With Palm OS it, by default, kept completed tasks and when something went wrong and you had to resync everything it took forever because it would resync all completed tasks.
    Conversely, with Chapura's Pre app, it removes completed tasks when they are completed (though it of course syncs them back to Outlook). And a couple of times I've had to reload, and not having to sync completed tasks makes it that much quicker.

    So anyway - I don't think Done! should store completed tasks after a sync, or try to download completed tasks from Toodledo.

    Just my thoughts.
  14. #154  
    In terms of how to handle notifications, I don't like mixing tasks with the calendar. I actually really like the simple way the built-in tasks program handles notifications. If tasks are due or past due, show them in the notification area. The one thing I would add is to give me the capability to complete a task from the notification - like the delete from notification patch for email.

    That's all I'd want for notifications. Toodledo itself can do the email/sms reminders. All Done needs to add is webOS notifications in the dashboard.

    As far as your question regarding past due tasks, they should just stay in the notifaction list until completed or postponed.
  15. #155  
    Finally syncing now, after that latest update. Now I can play around with it.


    On the topic of notifications.

    I agree pretty much with what Chiefplt said.

    I just want notifications to come up down below in the dashboard.
    If I click on the text of the notification it should take me to the task itself, so I can review, check it off, or whatever.
    Also from the notification, I should be able to postpone it, like for 30min, 1 hour, 1:30pm, etc, with the last option being to again enter the task and change the notification myself. But I would want a couple of quick "postpone this until" options right in the dashboard.

    And then even more of a wishlist:
    It would be nice if the notifications built up on each other. So if I ignored 2 or 3, I could tap the notification area and see a list of all the recent notifications, and then tapping on one of those in the list would take me to the actual task to checkoff or whatever.


    All of the above is how Chapura's task manager handles alerts.
    Just FYI.
  16. #156  
    Great app - Any way to search? My to do list is HIGHLY utilized as I run 3 businesses, thus my list is very long. Need way to search rather than parse thru a very long list.
  17. dj200's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    I'm currently struggling with (thinking about) how to handle reminders/alarms/etc.

    One option would be to simply create a Done! calendar that would include any tasks with due dates/times.

    The other option would be to handle reminders/alarms internally, with a pop-up dashboard notification.

    Both methods seem to have some appeal...what do y'all think?

    What about past due tasks? Should there be a daily notification if you have an overdue task?

    Give me some examples of how you'd use reminder/alarms/notifications with your tasks...
    A Done! calendar would work for me

    A daily notification for overdue tasks would also be useful. That's the one part of the built in Task app that I like.
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    In terms of how to handle notifications, I don't like mixing tasks with the calendar.
    If tasks are due or past due, show them in the notification area. The one thing I would add is to give me the capability to complete a task from the notification - like the delete from notification patch for email.

    That's all I'd want for notifications. Toodledo itself can do the email/sms reminders. All Done needs to add is webOS notifications in the dashboard.

    As far as your question regarding past due tasks, they should just stay in the notifaction list until completed or postponed.
    +1

    If possible with the addition to postpone from the notification.
    No extra Done-calendar needed!
    Completed tasks should still be available in Done!

    Cheers, Toby
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmastin View Post
    Great app - Any way to search? My to do list is HIGHLY utilized as I run 3 businesses, thus my list is very long. Need way to search rather than parse thru a very long list.
    Yes, search is a high priority.
  20. rgloor's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Will probably add the following sync options:

    at Launch
    at Exit
    at Interval
    30 min
    1 hr
    daily

    with the ability to select any or all of the first three options and one of the interval options. Anything else needed?
    In case with expensive data plans, I try to use sync only
    a) when WiFi-Link / -Connection
    b) on manual sync start

    Would be a great option: Sync when WiFi Connection (as eg selectable for webOS updates).

    Thanks for your great work,
    Rolf
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions