Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #121  
    Within the next week?
    Would it let you label items due tomorrow *as* "Due Tomorrow" instead of lumping it in with stuff due five days from now? Also is there any chance of having tasks with a set time listed in order? Right now it seems fairly random. I have a task due at 9AM today showing up after an 11:30AM task; they both have the same priority and folder/context.

Also I have a bug report:
    Ever since the last update, Done will randomly refuse to sync after maybe 12 hours or so. The progress spinner just keeps going forever. Restarting the phone doesn't fix the problem. Neither does flipping the "Local overwrites Remote" switch. I have to delete the app and reinstall, then it works fine again until it decides it doesn't like me anymore and goes back to hanging. This happens under EvDO and Wifi.

Other than that, THANK YOU for this app. Are you planning on submitting to the App Catalog when it gets out of beta? I'd love to support your work.
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    The Folders list SHOULD be sorting by due date within each folder section. The current sort order is list, duedate, priority, star, modified. Where list is the type of list (folder, context, etc). I plan to add some user-configurable sorting later.

Options to change colors & font sizes could be added down the road. I can increase the contrast for the duedate and folder/context lines if that would help. I'm trying to balance readability with the number of tasks visible on the screen at once. Is the size of the task title acceptable?
    When I looked at it closer, you're right. They are sorted by due date. I guess I was expecting another level of sort. First select folder. Then select the folder to filter on. Next in a third button select the data to sort on.

This size of the task title is acceptable (man I hate getting old), although I think a future option to configure the size would be good. It's the line above it that gives me the most trouble. The more tired my eyes are the harder it is to focus. Maybe a higher contrast would be help.
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Would it let you label items due tomorrow *as* "Due Tomorrow" instead of lumping it in with stuff due five days from now? Also is there any chance of having tasks with a set time listed in order? Right now it seems fairly random. I have a task due at 9AM today showing up after an 11:30AM task; they both have the same priority and folder/context.

Ever since the last update, Done will randomly refuse to sync after maybe 12 hours or so. The progress spinner just keeps going forever. Restarting the phone doesn't fix the problem. Neither does flipping the "Local overwrites Remote" switch. I have to delete the app and reinstall, then it works fine again until it decides it doesn't like me anymore and goes back to hanging. This happens under EvDO and Wifi.

Other than that, THANK YOU for this app. Are you planning on submitting to the App Catalog when it gets out of beta? I'd love to support your work.
    Good catch - duetime will be added to the sort order.

I don't like the sound of the bug. Please contact me via email if you're willing to help figure out what's going wrong. tigercountrysoftware at gmail.

Yes, planning to submit to the catalog. Someday.
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Can you provide a bit more info on what's happening when the sync fails? Are you adding tasks on the device, on the web, or both? Are you changing any folders/contexts/goals on the web between syncs? Does it work ok for 10 hours and then stop (i.e. is there a consistent timeframe between working/not working?)

Thanks!
    I just encountered this same problem. I tried to add a task on the device and then sync. But the spinner just spins forever. It won't sync at all. It was working fine before. This is the first time that I've had this problem and I haven't tried deleting the application and reinstalling yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    I just encountered this same problem. I tried to add a task on the device and then sync. But the spinner just spins forever. It won't sync at all. It was working fine before. This is the first time that I've had this problem and I haven't tried deleting the application and reinstalling yet.
    +1

The app is always open and pressing 'sync' ends up with the spinning wheel. Might be either after adding a new task either via web or palm. Until now I could'nt detect any coindicence with a specific action.

deleting and reinstalling fix the problem 'til the next time.

anyhow: great app!
    @haeffb

Ran into similar problems yesterday. Changed a due date in Done, wanted to sync and it kept on spinning and spinning. Closing and reopening the app didnīt help. Uninstalled Done and after the reinstallation everything worked normally.

Cheers, Toby

P.S.: Just realized "Ichweissnix" wrote the same ;-)
  9.    #129  
    When you guys say "closing and reopening didn't help" I assume you mean that closing, reopening and then syncing again still resulted in a spinny spinner spinning forever.

However, could you tell if none, some, or all of the data changes were actually synced?

I'm unable to reproduce the problem here so far, & I need more info.

Thanks, guys, sorry about the problems. I will get it fixed!
    Hi,

nope, there is the spinning wheel but no data were synced. Yesterday I worked locally on the palm a couple of todos marking 'done'. Today I wanted to sync => spinning wheel. but the data on web weren't changed at all.

Regards, IchWeissNix
  11.    #131  
    Uploaded version 0.0.6.

This version includes some sync options (on Launch, on Exit, Auto).

on Launch and on Exit are self-explanatory. Auto will sync every 30 minutes, whether the app is open or not. If not open, a dashboard will be launched to let you know that it's syncing.

For now, on Exit and Auto shouldn't be used simultaneously - on Exit will cancel out the auto-syncing. I'm experimenting with the different methods to see what works best for users. Let me know what you think about the various options.

I have made minor changes to the sync routines, but don't know that I've fixed any issues people are having with the sync spinny spinny spinny. I have added some logging output to the screen...which should let you/me know at least where in the sync it's hanging. If you're having the spinny issue, please perform a manual sync with the app open and let me know what you see in the sync info. Thanks!
    This may really be tacky of me to post here, but in the spirit competition, after nearly a year of task drought, there are not one but TWO great apps in development to sync with toodledo!

The other app is Toodler and you can check on its progress here

Toodler Forum • Index page

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with this app, just a passion for managing tasks on my PDA. In the past I have used DateBk6, Agendus, SPB Diary, and Pocket Informant and just about dumped webOS because there was no good option.

So, what is good about Toodler? Personally, though the Done! interface is prettier and easier to use, the functionality in Toodler is much better with the killer feature of SAVED VIEWS, filters, and sorting. This is critical for me because none of the default toodledo views met my needs.

Other than that, it pretty much has all the same features as Done.

I don't feel too bad about posting this here, the Done developer has posted some very nice posts over on the toodler site.

My goal here is to try to generate some excitement for toodler as well as Done to spur innovation and may the best app win! So check it out.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Just downloaded the app and tried to sync.

Just spins. Even doing the manual sync.

It tells me:
    -Retrieved Server Info
    -Retrieved Account Info
    -Date/Time of last web edit
    -New/Edited tasks on device: 0
    -New/Edited tasks from web: 976

I don't know if 976 is a lot of tasks, but could that be holding it up?

Anyway - it just hangs with the spinner after that.

thanks
    replying to my own post.

One thing I noticed is that I currently have about 871 tasks.
    So this 976 might be including completed tasks or some other number of total tasks.
    So it really should only be trying to sync the 871.

Is it possible that it's reading something funny or incorrectly and getting hung up, hence why it displays the 976 - ie. it's trying to grab records that it shouldn't be and gets stuck?

Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    This may really be tacky of me to post here, but in the spirit competition, after nearly a year of task drought, there are not one but TWO great apps in development to sync with toodledo!

The other app is Toodler and you can check on its progress here

Toodler Forum • Index page

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with this app, just a passion for managing tasks on my PDA. In the past I have used DateBk6, Agendus, SPB Diary, and Pocket Informant and just about dumped webOS because there was no good option.

So, what is good about Toodler? Personally, though the Done! interface is prettier and easier to use, the functionality in Toodler is much better with the killer feature of SAVED VIEWS, filters, and sorting. This is critical for me because none of the default toodledo views met my needs.

Other than that, it pretty much has all the same features as Done.

I don't feel too bad about posting this here, the Done developer has posted some very nice posts over on the toodler site.

My goal here is to try to generate some excitement for toodler as well as Done to spur innovation and may the best app win! So check it out.
    I tried toodler, but no matter what I did, even though it "synced" my items would never show up in the app. Gave up on it.

Edit: I tried toodle again. Got it to work. I like Done better. In toodle The sort and filter functions are nice, but I don't like that when I sort by folders, it does not have a clear separation of each group of tasks under each folder. I also can not seam to pull up just one folder. And the look of it like you said is not as nice. I like that Done will pull up individual folders or all of them but it is still easy to see the separation of folders. And he will add the other features later. So will stick with Done.
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 05/02/2010 at 01:28 AM.
    Thanks for the sync options! My wife and I share our tasks, so it is great to sync coming in/out of the program, so we don't miss anything. Sync on Loading works great and at first I thought Sync on Exit was not working, but I then noticed there is just a small delay before it updates. THANKS!

I posted your comment on his forum so he can have that feedback. Thanks for looking it over.

I don't like that when I sort by folders, it does not have a clear separation of each group of tasks under each folder. I also can not seam to pull up just one folder. And the look of it like you said is not as nice. I like that Done will pull up individual folders or all of them but it is still easy to see the separation of folders.
    I agree that organization in Toodler is not as good as Done. Ethan seems to be focusing of piling in all the functionality first and then navigation and aesthetics last.

Development is going very quick on it though, he puts out a new version every other day or so with significant new features each time. Here are some mockups for where I think he is going with the UI:

He had originally mirrored the toodledo/slim interface for navigating around folders but dropped that in the last release.

Thanks for looking at it and giving feedback. Choice and competition is a good thing.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Just to clarify, when I said:

----------

----------

I was referring to DONE, not Toodler.

I appreciate your mentioning the competition, and indeed I was unaware of Toodler so now I am.
    However this is the DONE forum, and I'm here for information on DONE - not confusing screen shots of an app we're not discussing.

I just downloaded the DONE app, and if I come here looking for support and see screen shots of something not related I'm going to be confused.

So let's keep the discussion on the app at hand please, namely DONE. I'll go to the Toodler forum for support and info on that app when I need it.

Thanks much.
    Hi.

Honestly, I think it is not appropriate to a different product in Done! thread to apply. You can miss a little tact.

If you apply or the author of Toodles the app you want, you should kindly do so in a separate thread.

MfG
  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by daveway View Post
    replying to my own post.

One thing I noticed is that I currently have about 871 tasks.
    So this 976 might be including completed tasks or some other number of total tasks.
    So it really should only be trying to sync the 871.

Is it possible that it's reading something funny or incorrectly and getting hung up, hence why it displays the 976 - ie. it's trying to grab records that it shouldn't be and gets stuck?

Just a thought.
    Done currently syncs all tasks, including completed tasks. Would the 976 include tasks that you've completed? If so, you need to work on doing more stuff...10% completed is not enough!

It appears that webOS may be killing the sync function because it's taking too long. I'm revamping the sync routines & will hopefully speed up the processing.
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast