Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 987
Like Tree2Likes
  1. workerb's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #101  
    There was one issue with my Folders. They didn't come over when I installed the app. I created a new folder in Toodledo and synced my Pre and they all appeared. Not sure what happened there. The original folders were in my Toodledo acct for years.

    I like the way this app is going and plan to buy it when in the app catalog. I know there are a lot of suggestions but I hope the app doesn't get too complex to use. I haven't integrated GTD and Toodleo into my daily life yet but what Done! looks like now appears to be quite nice.

    As for price, I was thinking it would be $6.99 - $9.99.
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by workerb View Post
    There was one issue with my Folders. They didn't come over when I installed the app. I created a new folder in Toodledo and synced my Pre and they all appeared. Not sure what happened there. The original folders were in my Toodledo acct for years.
    Nothing is synced on install...until you sync for the first time, you'll have no folders, contexts, etc.
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobraextreme View Post
    Well, on their site you can hide anything with a status other than None, Next Action, Active, or Planning by clicking Hide Deferred Tasks. So I guess you could just add a switch in prefs to do the same.
    That would be simple enough.

    What I was thinking was a "Status" list, and then views with:

    All tasks
    None
    Next Action
    Active (includes Next Action)
    Planning (includes Active & Next Action)
    Deferred Tasks (all other statuses)

    None acts as an Inbox
    Next Actions are the things you can work on - the tasks to work on today.
    Active & Planning lists are the things that you may want to make Next Actions
    Deferred Tasks are everything else

    Would that be useful?
  4. #104  
    Thanks for your work, haeffb. This is looking great. I'm very excited to see a dedicated Toodledo app interface (rather than the Basecamp or NuevaSync workarounds).

    Since you seem to be making rapid progress on your development, is there any way to be notified as new versions are released (or when it hits the App Catalog) other than following this thread or checking for updates in Preware? I'm particularly eager for task autosyncing.

    Again, thanks for the great work.
  5. #105  
    As has been said, great work. A to do list I can share with my wife has been the biggest thing I was missing from the Pre. Now we can share lists all the time and once notifications are setup, it'll finally get us away from cluttering the calendar up with tasks.

    My two cents on the sync interval: I am a huge fan of constantly being up to date, especially once the notifications are implemented. So even once every 10 minutes would be fine with me. Geostrings fires up at least every 10 minutes and checks with location services and doesn't impact battery, so I highly doubt yours will either.

    Things I really like:
    1) That the app loads where you closed it. This makes me cry tears of joy

    2) The overall look is nice. I really like the icons in the drop down lists, makes it feel classy, I am so tired of plain text lists, so well done!

    3) That it freaking works!!! I LOVE it.

    3) The icons in the

    Suggestions (AKA personal preferences):
    1) Simple List toggle - Probably just me, but when I am just glancing through my items, I like a nice super clean list. Pretty much what is seen in the builtin task app. But its also nice having the details when needed. So I think it'd be mighty nice to have a toggle button or menu option for simple list. Just check boxes, task name and priority. Important thing is it only take up one line per task.

    2) When viewing a specific folder, adding a task from there should default to the folder being viewed.

    3) I'd like to echo the quick add option. Again, the builtin task app does this pretty well.

    That's all for now. I just started using it today, I'll be back with more ideas. Oh, and I'd pay $3-$5 for the app and I'd buy 2.

    Thanks!
  6. #106  
    Thank you. It is a great app and I have been using it for 4 days now.

    I just updated to the latest version. When I press the Sync button, it doesn't come back(just the spinner). Anybody has this problem?

    Update: I found out what the problem is. It seems like my account info is correct based on the Account setting info. However, when I tried to Edit Account, it said that I couldn't change my account and that feature was coming. So, I deleted Done! and reinstalled. Everything is working now.
    Last edited by myrcgarage; 04/24/2010 at 11:13 PM.
  7. #107  
    I saw your app which caused me to look at Toodledo. I've been using the web site for a week now and I like it so far.

    You App is off to a really good start. I'd pay for it when it hits the app store.

    I have two suggestions (unless they're already in there and I don't know where to look).

    #1 I'd like to see everything under a folder sorted by due date. Right now I can select folder on the left drop down. Then I can select the name of the folder to view on the right button. Great. But next I'd like to be able to sort the tasks in the folder by due date.

    #2 Can you have some options to change the color or increase the text size. The text size for the task name is okay. But I can't see the second line which is smaller and a color that doesn't have much contrast with the background. It's an age thing I'm afraid. I already have bifocal contacts but even with them I can't see the second line. When I used by contacts AND my reading glasses I could see it was due date.

    Great job.
  8. #108  
    change request:
    due date selector: please make it as a calendar instead. If I use what is currently in this app or the webos calendar. I have no idea what next friday is. I love how Cloud Task implemented the date picker. Can this be done?

    thanks
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Suggestions (AKA personal preferences):
    1) Simple List toggle - Probably just me, but when I am just glancing through my items, I like a nice super clean list. Pretty much what is seen in the builtin task app. But its also nice having the details when needed. So I think it'd be mighty nice to have a toggle button or menu option for simple list. Just check boxes, task name and priority. Important thing is it only take up one line per task.

    2) When viewing a specific folder, adding a task from there should default to the folder being viewed.

    3) I'd like to echo the quick add option. Again, the builtin task app does this pretty well.
    Simple list - I could do that, but the size of the checkbox is such that with only the title displayed you get lots of whitespace & the list item height is really no different than with the title & duedate displayed. So I'm leaving them both in there for now. I can see how that may annoy someone who doesn't use duedates and will think about ways to optimize the display contents...down the road.

    Default folder - could probably make a pref to "Use current folder, context, goal, etc as default). However, this could cause confusion as the "default" folder is used when in lists other than Folder. & same for contexts, etc. Will think about this one.

    I'd like to have a quick add option, too.
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerconn View Post
    #1 I'd like to see everything under a folder sorted by due date. Right now I can select folder on the left drop down. Then I can select the name of the folder to view on the right button. Great. But next I'd like to be able to sort the tasks in the folder by due date.

    #2 Can you have some options to change the color or increase the text size. The text size for the task name is okay. But I can't see the second line which is smaller and a color that doesn't have much contrast with the background. It's an age thing I'm afraid. I already have bifocal contacts but even with them I can't see the second line. When I used by contacts AND my reading glasses I could see it was due date.
    The Folders list SHOULD be sorting by due date within each folder section. The current sort order is list, duedate, priority, star, modified. Where list is the type of list (folder, context, etc). I plan to add some user-configurable sorting later.

    Options to change colors & font sizes could be added down the road. I can increase the contrast for the duedate and folder/context lines if that would help. I'm trying to balance readability with the number of tasks visible on the screen at once. Is the size of the task title acceptable?
  11.    #111  
    I just realized that since I'm keeping track of my todo list for Done in Done (&Toodledo) and that Toodledo allows me to publicly share a todo list...here's what's "On the List".

    Toodledo :: Public Done Folder for tigercountrysoftware
  12. #112  
    I setup folders on toodledo's website and with the latest update I can no longer see my folders in Done. They are still available on the website.
  13. #113  
    For some reason the folders had a weird number in the folder field. When I deleted the number and synced my PRe the folders showed back up.
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    For some reason the folders had a weird number in the folder field. When I deleted the number and synced my PRe the folders showed back up.
    A weird number in the folder field...in Done!?...in Toodledo? Where did you delete the weird numbers?
  15. #115  
    the weird number was in the Done app folde field
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    That would be simple enough.

    What I was thinking was a "Status" list, and then views with:

    All tasks
    None
    Next Action
    Active (includes Next Action)
    Planning (includes Active & Next Action)
    Deferred Tasks (all other statuses)

    None acts as an Inbox
    Next Actions are the things you can work on - the tasks to work on today.
    Active & Planning lists are the things that you may want to make Next Actions
    Deferred Tasks are everything else

    Would that be useful?
    Yep, that would be perfect. I just like to put things in Someday, Waiting, etc., and then not have to see them again until I want to, and I think this would work perfectly for that.
  17. #117  
    I am really excited about this app. It is either this one or Toodler that will keep me from abandoning webOS for want of functional task management.

    I have been following Toodler closer than this app and it seems nearer to meeting my specific needs, though yours looks nicer and has a better UI.

    Specifically what Toodler has that I need is saved views, similar to the saved searches on toodledo.

    Are you planning to include any of the saved searches type functionality in Done!?
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    Are you planning to include any of the saved searches type functionality in Done!?
    Yes I am. I use saved searches on Toodledo and want the same functionality in Done!

    Toodledo does not share saved searches over the API, so the user will have to configure them in the app. My rough plan is to have a section in Prefs for saved searches, and then one of the Lists will be something like "Saved Lists", with the saved lists showing up in the (right) filter list for you to select.
  19. #119  
    I think I found a bug. Today is 4/27. I added a high priority item for 4/29. Done! said it is "In the Next Week". But it should be this week. I believe the "Overdue" screws it up?

    I wanted to insert an image...how do I do that without storing it somewhere?
  20. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    I think I found a bug. Today is 4/27. I added a high priority item for 4/29. Done! said it is "In the Next Week". But it should be this week. I believe the "Overdue" screws it up?

    I wanted to insert an image...how do I do that without storing it somewhere?
    I think it means "in the next 7 days," which is how Toodledo phrases it.

    I think it should be "in the COMING week," not "in the NEXT week," at least. Even better, use the Toodledo phrasing (if it fits).

Posting Permissions