webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Done! for Toodledo
Done! for Toodledo
Like Tree2Likes

Old 12/30/2011, 10:57 AM   #981 (permalink)

Not sure if it is related to the 2.2.4 OTA update or a recent update to the app itself, but the app is very sluggish now. When I create a new task, it is slow to load the defaults for a new task (seconds) and then, when exiting the new task, the new task does not immediately show up on the task list (seconds). I have a FrankenPre2.

Is anyone else seeing this same issue? It is seriously affecting usability.

P.S. I love this app and it is probably the most frequently used app on my phone.
Scotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2011, 11:08 AM   #982 (permalink)

Hmm, maybe it is a change to the app itself. It seems to be automatically retiring completed tasks now (they disappear from the list) - this is new behavior. Completed tasks used to remain on the list until the end of the current day and then disappear once any task was changed on the following day.

I turned "AutoSync" off in the settings to see if that might help.
Old 01/03/2012, 09:50 AM   #983 (permalink)

I have noticed that over time Done will get sluggish. I suspect that over time, the space used by deleted tasks piles up, degrading performance.

Refreshing the data from Toodledo solves that sluggishness.

Go to the menu "Preferences and Accounts", then to "Edit Account Settings", then press the "Purge Local Data" red button on the bottom. Be sure to sync just before pressing this, and then sync again after pressing this.

I do this about once a month. Really helps the performance of Done.
aa6vh is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: phil71
Old 01/03/2012, 10:44 AM   #984 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa6vh View Post
I have noticed that over time Done will get sluggish. I suspect that over time, the space used by deleted tasks piles up, degrading performance.

Refreshing the data from Toodledo solves that sluggishness.

Go to the menu "Preferences and Accounts", then to "Edit Account Settings", then press the "Purge Local Data" red button on the bottom. Be sure to sync just before pressing this, and then sync again after pressing this.

I do this about once a month. Really helps the performance of Done.
Thanks - will give that a go and report back.

I've noticed that the lag is more noticeable at some times than others. Some times there is almost no lag and others, it might take 30 seconds for a new task to show up.
Old 01/12/2012, 03:24 PM   #985 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCFlyer View Post
Brian:

since the 3.04 update, I've noticed a new issue with date scrolling. Inside the due date dialog, if you choose Other... and try to scroll the date ribbon, it will start scrolling and never stop. You can reverse it, but not stop it to select a date. I have worked around it by selecting a date from those initially visible that's closes to the date I want, then doing it again until I get to the desired date.

I don't know if this is a Done! issue or a general WebOS problem.

thanks.
Brian - Are you still monitoring this thread? Posted this back in October, haven't seen you on here since September.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 01/12/2012, 05:37 PM   #986 (permalink)

My issue is still open. I tried the suggestion of deleting the data but that has not resolved the issue. I'll try deleting the app and reinstalling at some point and see if that makes any difference.
Old 12/06/2012, 03:13 PM   #987 (permalink)

Wow, I see this thread is seriously old, but what the heck: I'm having a syncing problem and would love some advice. I sent a message to the developer on his website, but I have the sinking feeling it will go unread.

So anyway, I bought 2 copies of Done!, that way both my wife and I have it on our Pre3's and our TouchPads. So for a very short period of time after purchase, the app worked properly, like 1-2 days, but ever since, it won't sync for ANY of the 4 devices without the device needing a restart, and even that doesn't always solve the problem. I have the sync options set to:
Local Wins on Conflict - NO
Sync on App open - YES
Sync on App close - YES
Auto-Sync - YES
Sync only on WiFi - NO

And yes, my Toodledo account is set to accept 3rd party app syncs.

Both Pre3's are on 2.2.4 and both touchpads are 3.0.5 patched, but stock OS (non-CE).

Any ideas???

RETIRED:
16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Mine
32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - LunaCE 4.9.5 - Also Mine
16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Wife's (replaced with GS3)
32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - Also Wife's

Past: 2 Sprint Pre(minuses), a Sprintified Pre+, and a Sprintified Pre2.
C_McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0