Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    types could be another option separate from categories, or even better, categories for call, sms, email, visit place, or go to website could add a function to the task. example. I would go to the entry and when creating if I pick the type or category of call a drawer opens down and I imput the phone number. when saved a phone icon apears at the far end of the entry which I can press at any time. when I get the notification instead of just a simple banner for this one, I'd get a notification similar to the calendar app with an option to call now or later. same thing would apply to all the other options.

an example app would be todo on the iphone/touch which also syncs with toodledo. I never got to use the functionality of this because I had the touch, but REALly wanted to or wished I had it on my phone. I'd pay 10 bucks easily if this app could match that one (thats what I paid for that one.) if you have an itouch I'd check it out so you an see what I'm talking about.
    Interesting. I don't have an iAnything, so can't compare, but I do like the idea.
    Sub tasks would be a big plus for me. Nice work on this!
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    playing around a bit more tonight and adding some items through the app and syncing them. They don't seem to be showing up on the web site. Is there a delay before they will show up?

EDIT: I added and deleted other items and working fine, except for 2 items I added a few hours ago, just will not sync for some reason..... I just deleted them and re-entered them and then they synced fine too. Have no idea why they would not sync.... hmmmm.

PS: Would it be possible to add an option to show notes on the main screen?
    There is no delay. Currently sync only updates tasks that were changed since the last sync. If for some reason the sync failed, it's possible that Done thought those tasks were synced and would not try to sync them again. Let me know if this happens again.

I plan to add a "Full Sync" option that will compare every task on device & web, rather than relying only on last sync date....however, that option could take a while if you have a number of tasks.

Also, rather than deleting them, you could have just changed something in the task details & synced again.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Hey I love this app! It's what the Tasks app should be in a lot of ways.

I personally like the sort/filter drop down options you have already. I think they work well & give you several ways to view things. One things I'd like is incorporation of the Goals part of Toodledo. I also like the automatic sync on opening/close idea.

The other thing I'd like is the ability to change the date due without going into all the info on the task similar to the old Palm OS. It wouldn't have to be click on the date itself but some kind of button to bring up date due options would be nice. It would save a lot of screen touches.

Thanks for this! And yes I'd be willing to pay for this once it comes out of beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    There is no delay. Currently sync only updates tasks that were changed since the last sync. If for some reason the sync failed, it's possible that Done thought those tasks were synced and would not try to sync them again. Let me know if this happens again.

I plan to add a "Full Sync" option that will compare every task on device & web, rather than relying only on last sync date....however, that option could take a while if you have a number of tasks.

Also, rather than deleting them, you could have just changed something in the task details & synced again.
    Thanks for the reply. The only thing I can think of I did different was that I added the 2 items and did not sync until about 3 hours later instead of doing it right away. Don't know if this would cause a problem.
    Done! is a new todo-list app that will sync with Toodledo. It's in the early beta stage, but has enough functionality to be useful.

The app is currently able to login to Toodledo, sync tasks, folders & contexts, and add tasks on device. Changes to tasks on device are synced to web and vice-versa. Some features are not yet implemented...

Please let me know what you like, what you don't like, any suggestions for improvement. Let's make this the best tasks app for webOS!
    I appreciate being able to sync over the air the with a powerfull to do application.

While using subtasks with toodledo I get a bit confused using Done! on the pre without having the subtasks intended right below the (main) tasks.

The date-picker should be a small calendar so I can see which day belongs to a specific date. "Cloud Tasks" is a good example. Some projects shouldn`t end on a sunday for example. If I schedule a task I always have to look at an aditional calendar to see what day belongs to the date.

As I can assign a date and a time to a task it would be helpfull to see at a glance what other appointments are at that specific date/time. That would mean some sort of calendar-integration that goes beyond just adding tasks to the pre calendar. Maybe some sort of "split-view" that lists the existing appointements for the day, the task has its due date?

Nevertheless: This beta is light years ahead to the build in to do list. I`m sure it will become a "must-have-5-stars-application"! Shame on palm for the very poor pim-solutions. And thanks to you for that great application.
    Interesting. I don't have an iAnything, so can't compare, but I do like the idea.
    maybe I can make a mock up and post it later. It was a function that I could see very useful and could see ut working very well with webos.
    Notifications would be standard webOS notifications. If you set a due-time, the app would fire a banner notification/dashboard when the task is due.
    Notification don't work. I set a due-time, but no notification banner.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I reported this before, but you seemed skeptical, so I'll say it again since I'm confirmed.

I've created a task "Prep house" that is due biweekly. It appears in Done. I check it complete in Done.

I refresh.

I wait several hours.

I refresh again.

The task does not appear (2 weeks later) in Done.

It does appear in Toodledo, however.

I had a similar problem with NuevaSync and they had to do some extra coding to make it work.
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    maybe I can make a mock up and post it later. It was a function that I could see very useful and could see ut working very well with webos.
    Take a look at Balsamiq Studios, makers of plugins for Web Office applications | Balsamiq for creating mockups. Very cool.
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by talorin View Post
    Notification don't work. I set a due-time, but no notification banner.
    Sorry, that should have said "Notifications will", as in will once I've added that feature. Done does not do notifications yet.
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    I reported this before, but you seemed skeptical, so I'll say it again since I'm confirmed.
    I had a similar problem with NuevaSync and they had to do some extra coding to make it work.
    I seemed skeptical? Sorry - I believe you. I just wasn't too worried about it, since repeats will be handled locally soon. Very soon.

However, I won't be handling the "Advanced Repeats" for a long while, if ever, so I'll need to check into what's happening when Toodledo handles them.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Brian, once again you have created a wonderful application!

I watched as you matured Mylez to where it is, and look forward to watch it grow further.

This app looks every bit as great as that one is.

I am just beginning to use it, but have a couple suggestions:

1. I noticed you will be adding function to create folders, I would like to create context as well.
    2. You mentioned that while adding colored folders are doable, you were concerned with backup of that setting, as toodledo does not support that. What about Save/Restore as an option for this? I know this is a PreWare app, only limited users will see this, perhaps this is the issue. Then maybe Google Docs storage?
    3. When you click on a todo, the screen is automatically filled with all the settings for the todo, folder, priority, etc. What about having the option to open with these "minimized" with the famed accordion bar, thus exposing the notes upon landing there. The notes are what I want to see first when returning to a todo.
    4. The very last todo, provided it is at the bottom of the screen or further, is hard to get to view the check box and check it. You have to drag it up and hold it there, the screen will stay there just a sec, and then try to check the box, before it slips back down.
    5. Are you considering the context to optionally be GEO location aware?

Once I get your Mylez purchased (asked a dbase Q over there regarding that), this will be the next paid app when it goes for sale, one of only 4 I have purchased. You do great work!

Thanks.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    1. I noticed you will be adding function to create folders, I would like to create context as well.
    2. You mentioned that while adding colored folders are doable, you were concerned with backup of that setting, as toodledo does not support that. What about Save/Restore as an option for this? I know this is a PreWare app, only limited users will see this, perhaps this is the issue. Then maybe Google Docs storage?
    3. When you click on a todo, the screen is automatically filled with all the settings for the todo, folder, priority, etc. What about having the option to open with these "minimized" with the famed accordion bar, thus exposing the notes upon landing there. The notes are what I want to see first when returning to a todo.
    4. The very last todo, provided it is at the bottom of the screen or further, is hard to get to view the check box and check it. You have to drag it up and hold it there, the screen will stay there just a sec, and then try to check the box, before it slips back down.
    5. Are you considering the context to optionally be GEO location aware?
    Thanks for the kind words.

1. Yes, folders, contexts and goals will all be supported.
    2. I'll consider ways to store settings like colored folders. Not high on priority list yet, though.
    3. Good suggestion. Definitely need to find a way to make the add task scene more user-friendly and/or customizable.
    4. Yes, working on a way to fix that now. Likely by adding a "stats" section to the bottom of the list. Or moving the add button to the right and eliminating the sync button once auto-syncing is enabled.
    5. Yes, but again need to figure out how to store such info in the event of the app is deleted/reinstalled. Also a bit further down the priority list.
  15.    #95  
    Version 0.0.5 uploaded.

• Fix (hopefully) for the duedate differences between Done! and Toodledo.
    • Added a "last sync" date at the bottom of the task list & moved the task list up slightly to help with checking off the bottom task. Still going to be a bit tricky.
    • Repeats (except for advanced repeats) handled locally. Advanced repeats will still be handled by Toodledo, and should show up in Done after the NEXT sync.
    • Pref for "Local Wins on Conflict" to control whether Done! or Toodledo wins if task is edited in both places.
    haeffb, this is awesome. I'm genuinely looking forward to being able to pay you for this. One more thing for your ever growing request list:

I'd love a preference or some other way to filter out what toodledo refers to as "deferred" statuses. It's one of the handiest bits of their web app for GTD users.

I really applaud your bravery for tackling this one, with a service that's designed for user customization I think you're going to get tons of requests like this. Your initial design is great for enabling these kind of things, though, and I can't wait to see this one in the catalog.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I have default due to today, but when I add a task, there is no default.

Request: add a tomorrow to the due date views.

Looking good.
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    I have default due to today, but when I add a task, there is no default.

Request: add a tomorrow to the due date views.

Looking good.
    Already added tomorrow to due date list, but about five minutes after I uploaded 0.0.5. Next version...

I'll check on the default due date.
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobraextreme View Post
    haeffb, this is awesome. I'm genuinely looking forward to being able to pay you for this. One more thing for your ever growing request list:

I'd love a preference or some other way to filter out what toodledo refers to as "deferred" statuses. It's one of the handiest bits of their web app for GTD users.

I really applaud your bravery for tackling this one, with a service that's designed for user customization I think you're going to get tons of requests like this. Your initial design is great for enabling these kind of things, though, and I can't wait to see this one in the catalog.
    A 'status' list with a few options for statuses... ? Tell me how it should work.
    A 'status' list with a few options for statuses... ? Tell me how it should work.
    Well, on their site you can hide anything with a status other than None, Next Action, Active, or Planning by clicking Hide Deferred Tasks. So I guess you could just add a switch in prefs to do the same.

Or if you wanted to be fancy you could allow hide for each separate status, although that might get cumbersome for the user.
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast