Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #901  
    If I'd known that the TouchPad wouldn't have ANY tasks app included, I'd have started there instead of the pondNotes (Noted for webOS 3.0).

So, I will commit to making a webOS 3.0 tasks app. Done! will remain as a mojo app - the enyo app will be new/different/exciting. But bear with me, it'll be awhile. My timeline is as follows:

1) Complete pondNotes
    2) Make sure Noted! and Done! work fully on the TouchPad (both run just fine, but I haven't fully bug-tested yet and I think HP marked Done as not compatible for the TouchPad).
    3) Begin work on an enyo-based tasks app.

Also, as mentioned in the Noted! thread, I'm changing my company name along with this switch to webOS 3.0: smallpondapps.com | smallpondapps
    pebacher likes this.
    Any chance it will be a super PIM like agendus or things?
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  3.    #903  
    At this point, the plan is simply to create a tasks app.
  4.    #904  
    Currently, I can't update Done! on PreCentral, not sure why.

I've uploaded beta version 0.5.11 at the link below - it is reconfigured to run full-screen on the TouchPad, but still runs on phones as well.

Index of /wp-content/uploads/ipk
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Currently, I can't update Done! on PreCentral, not sure why.
    Hi Brian,
    Don't know what you mean. Just synced Preware and there the update was shown.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Hi Brian

I just installed Done! v0.5.11 (on my Pre+ 2.1).

All except one task were gone.
    I had to reload from ToodleDo (by re-enter the password).

Now ALL the custom filters are gone again!!!

Isn't there a simple way to store / keep the custom settings / filters?
    Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
    Rolf
    Last edited by rgloor; 07/07/2011 at 09:22 AM.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I loaded the 0.5.11 version from your post and the IPK worked fine. The full screen view looks great on the TPad. No problems so far. This version will work for me until you have the full Enyo task manager built. Thank you for this effort.
  8.    #908  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    Hi Brian

I just installed Done! v0.5.11 (on my Pre+ 2.1).

All except one task were gone.
    I had to reload from ToodleDo (by re-enter the password).

Now ALL the custom filters are gone again!!!

Isn't there a simple way to store / keep the custom settings / filters?
    Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
    Rolf
    All tasks but one gone? That is...curious. Should have been all or none.

There's not a simple way to store/keep the custom lists when changing accounts, because the new account likely doesn't have the same folders/contexts/goals.

What I can do, though, is allow you to just delete your local tasks/folders/contexts/goals, reset the sync info, but keep the custom lists and account login info. That would allow you to clear the local data and re-sync without losing custom lists. Consider that on the todo-list.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    All tasks but one gone? That is...curious. Should have been all or none.
    Strange indeed. However, if I recall right, it was the last one I added (on the device).
    Never the less, after reload, it was there as well. So I am fine. But still it is strange and thought I mention it.

There's not a simple way to store/keep the custom lists when changing accounts, because the new account likely doesn't have the same folders/contexts/goals.
    I understand. However, the chances are higher, that one updates the app and runs into a problem (like me above and many times before) requiring to re-initiate the sync, than one changing the account.

I have several ideas on how to approach this:

1) Reset account
    As you mentioned below, but with a question to whether one wants to keep the custom list or wants to delete them.
    This would be my preferred solution.

2) Save/Restore
    I found Done! under the supported apps. However, I can't setup Done! Beta. Could you Setup Done! Beta as well to utilize Save/Restore.
    I still haven't got access to paid apps, hence am still required to utilize free and beta apps. So I can't check, how Done! is setup under Save/Restore.
    Could there be a way to choose if backing up only custom lists, or include tasks as well? (Task sometimes makes sense, when you can't sync for a while, else only custom settings & lists make sense.)

3) "New" Account
    One could still ask as whether one wants to keep custom lists or not.
    When keeping for a new account, the app might need to check, if all used folders, context, goals, tags, etc. are available within the new account. Else just delete the non-available parts, and keep the rest (available stuff).

What I can do, though, is allow you to just delete your local tasks/folders/contexts/goals, reset the sync info, but keep the custom lists and account login info. That would allow you to clear the local data and re-sync without losing custom lists. Consider that on the todo-list.

Thanks for your great work.
    Looking forward to the lift of the geo-restrictions. (So that I finally can go ahead and buy the official app catalog versions.)

Greetings from Switzerland,
    Rolf
    Last edited by rgloor; 07/14/2011 at 03:39 AM.
    Just chiming in to say THANK YOU for your work on this great Toodledo client (been using it since it early days)!!

I just found my way to this thread again, and I'm delighted to see you've updated "Done!" (the beta version, anyway) to work on the touchpad. Installed it a little while ago and I'm loving it! Favorite toodledo app running on my favorite webOS device

I can't wait for this new enyo-based tasks app ("pondTasks", it would appear?)! You'll have a purchase from me for sure, especially if it's the quality application "Done!" is. Don't hate me too much for asking, but I can't help myself (take it as a token of my excitement): do you have any ETA, rough or otherwise?

Anyway, *thanks* for your efforts, take care, and may you be as happy and productive as your app helps your users be!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    rgloor likes this.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Brian:

One thing I have noted in Done! From the App Catalog on the Touchpad is that, when building custom lists, folders and contexts do not appear - there only seem to be placeholders ("Folder A, Folder B"), though my folders and contexts show up properly in other parts of Done!

thanks,
    Mark
  12.    #912  
    Quote Originally Posted by DCFlyer View Post
    Brian:

One thing I have noted in Done! From the App Catalog on the Touchpad is that, when building custom lists, folders and contexts do not appear - there only seem to be placeholders ("Folder A, Folder B"), though my folders and contexts show up properly in other parts of Done!

thanks,
    Mark
    That should be fixed in the current beta or the soon-to-be published version 0.6.0 in the catalog.
    done looks awesome on the touchpad screen. I am guessing we'll have to wait for the rewrite for any hope of exhibition support?
  14.    #914  
    Exhibition could be done in mojo. I'm not sure how useful i would be...
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    how do you search on the TP in the new version? Cant figure out how to get the keyboard... Thanks.
  16.    #916  
    Quote Originally Posted by DCFlyer View Post
    how do you search on the TP in the new version? Cant figure out how to get the keyboard... Thanks.
    Right now....it can't be done as far as I can tell. The upcoming OTA update will hopefully provide a way to manually display the keyboard. Without that, I'd have to rewrite the app to use something other than the mojo FilterList control, which would be a significant effort. Sorry.
    Hi!

I'm a Palm Pre & Toodledo user, converted over from Outline Tracker to Done!

One thing I sorely miss is the ability to assign multiple contexts to an item. Can this be done and still work with Toodledo?

Thanks!

M
  18.    #918  
    No, Toodledo only allows one context per task. You could, however, assign multiple tags.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Hi, Brian:

The new version looks great on the Touchpad. I'm having a problem with it, though. When I checked off tasks in a custom list, they do not sync. I end up with a bunch of checked off tasks in my list. When I go back to the All Tasks view and UNcheck them, then sync, they then sync as though they have been checked.

Re: search _- I am, by no means, a programmer, but could making the keyboard pop up be as simple as adding a dedicated text box for searching? Tapping in the box would bring up a keyboard..

Update: reproduced on three tasks. Tried it again on one task, and things worked as expected (check off task, sync, it goes up to toodledo.com, sync again, checked task gets updated and disappears from list...). Might have been a sync hiccup. I'll let you know if it recurs.
    Last edited by DCFlyer; 07/21/2011 at 08:16 AM. Reason: update
    Long Story short, exhibition would be huge for me.

Long version Long:
    I plan on using the touchpad as a family productivity center, sort of like digital cork board. My "dream" was always to have a screen on the wall that would allow me to setup todo lists, set calendar entries, lookup recipes or quick info on the web, control my home automation (when I can afford to get it that is), leave notes for family members, contacts, video calling, etc etc etc.

I put a PC behind the wall and mounted an LCD, but the problem I kept running into is all dashboard apps were simply too tiny to be viewable from more than a couple feet away. On windows its difficult/impossible to have apps switch like a screen saver. Then, a month after I hung that monitor up, Palm announce Exhibition and I yelled "THAT'S IT!!!!"

I tried using the emulator, but at the time it couldn't scale. Then I tried the webos emulator, but it didn't have access to the app catalog. Now, finally, i have the Touchpad. Photo slide show...check. Calendar (via less than exciting agenda)...check. Now I just need a task app and a note app for exhibition and my dream will have come true.

So yes, Brian, you hold my dreams in your coding hands!!!!

Regardless, thanks for getting done working on the touchpad.