Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354041424344454647484950 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #881  
    Quote Originally Posted by hboisvert View Post
    Any hope that Done! may eventually support RememberTheMilk as well as Toodledo? Fairly sure that the answer is no, but it doesn't hurt to ask...
    You are correct, sir!

The answer is no, Done! will not support RTM. A separate app that syncs with RTM could be possible, but I actually have a couple of other web-based todo services in mind that work better for me that I'm anticipating building apps for. Someday.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Brian:

My database is corrupted AGAIN, with 3 items appearing to sync up from the phone. I started Done!, went to a custom view, synced, checked off one item again, and it said 3 edited items were being synced to the web each sync after that. Now I will have to blow away and rebuild my prefs and custom lists again.

Would it be possible, in future relases, to spare prefs and custom lists, or to permit restoration of them, when doing a delete & update?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Re: delete & update: Actually, it looks like prefs persist. It would be nice to be able to restore or keep custom list config, though...
  4.    #884  
    Quote Originally Posted by DCFlyer View Post
    Re: delete & update: Actually, it looks like prefs persist. It would be nice to be able to restore or keep custom list config, though...
    I can see how that would be frustrating.

I'm currently working (albeit slowly) on updating to the Toodledo 2.0 API and will make improvements to the sync routines that will hopefully eliminate the problems you've experienced that require the "delete&update" process.

The problem with saving custom lists, though, is that I don't know that you're going to log in with the same userid. If you use a different account, your custom lists would be invalid because they're tied to your folders/contexts/goals, etc.

Maybe I can add a "clear local data and re-sync" option... I'll put some thought into the best solution.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post

I'm currently working (albeit slowly) on updating to the Toodledo 2.0 API and will make improvements to the sync routines that will hopefully eliminate the problems you've experienced that require the "delete&update" process.

The problem with saving custom lists, though, is that I don't know that you're going to log in with the same userid. If you use a different account, your custom lists would be invalid because they're tied to your folders/contexts/goals, etc.
    Hi Brian

Regarding custom lists and preferences.
    Very often, one looses all custom lists and preferences.
    Could you implement a configuration save and restore function.
    This should then ask you for the path to store a backup of the settings. (eg defaulting into the USB-Drive storage area, /media/internal/appdata or alike)

So when one has done all the work of configuring Done!, one could then make a backup of all the custom lists and preference settings.
    When one makes further changes, one can again create a new backup.
    If then something happens - like an update where everything is whipped clean - one could restore the settings, syncs the data, and is ready to rock-and-roll again.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks from Switzerland,
    Rolf
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

Maybe I can add a "clear local data and re-sync" option... I'll put some thought into the best solution.
    Thanks, Brian - I appreciate the work you are doing on this. Happened twice already this morning. On the plus side, I'm getting pretty quick in rebuilding my custom lists...

Mark
  7.    #887  
    Quote Originally Posted by DCFlyer View Post
    Thanks, Brian - I appreciate the work you are doing on this. Happened twice already this morning. On the plus side, I'm getting pretty quick in rebuilding my custom lists...

Mark
    Your sync failed twice this morning to the extent that you had to delete your account and start over?

In that case, I need to be fixing something in the sync. Do you have any idea what might be causing it?
    Hi, i'm not sure if the behaviour is intended or if it is a bug. I often have tasks i need to do on a regular basis (for example every month). So i set up a recurring event, let's say every first day of month.
    I like the feature to be reminded by the actual due tasks with the daily dashboard-banner.
    When i set up a new recurring event, the event appears on this daily banner the first time on the next first of a month. But then, even when the task is marked as done, it appears every day from now on (showing as due date of the next first of month).

How can i set up Done! to show this event in the daily dashboard-banner only when the next due date arrives?

By the way, a setting to allow "mark task as done by tapping on the icon" from the dashboard stage would be great!

P.S.: I added some design proposals for a new icon and miniicon for Done! If you like them, feel free to use them in the next release - if not, you can contact me, and i can try to improve them as you like.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  9.    #889  
    Quote Originally Posted by arctic_mobile View Post
    Hi, i'm not sure if the behaviour is intended or if it is a bug. I often have tasks i need to do on a regular basis (for example every month). So i set up a recurring event, let's say every first day of month.
    I like the feature to be reminded by the actual due tasks with the daily dashboard-banner.
    When i set up a new recurring event, the event appears on this daily banner the first time on the next first of a month. But then, even when the task is marked as done, it appears every day from now on (showing as due date of the next first of month).

How can i set up Done! to show this event in the daily dashboard-banner only when the next due date arrives?

By the way, a setting to allow "mark task as done by tapping on the icon" from the dashboard stage would be great!

P.S.: I added some design proposals for a new icon and miniicon for Done! If you like them, feel free to use them in the next release - if not, you can contact me, and i can try to improve them as you like.
    Does the task have a due time as well as a due date? I'm going to guess that it does and that's what's causing it to continue to show up. If so, that's a bug that I'll need to address.

I've always wanted to add a way to mark tasks complete from the dashboard, but haven't come up with an elegant solution yet.

The icon looks great. If you wouldn't mind, contact me directly at tigercountrysoftware at gmail. Thanks.
    Hi, I just bought Done! and I find it the best mobile task manager I ever used!

There are a few "little" additional features that would make it just perfect for me:

- In Settings an option to hide also the Dudate/Time in the Task List View / or just hide duedate if not set to safe the space (the star could move at the beginning of the task)
    - epxand and collapse a group of shown taks by tapping on the line that divides the groups like in the mail application
    - A feature to sync and edit Toodledo "Notebook" notes
    - In task edit mode for Tag entry: get a list of Tags to chose from like the context or folder entry

Regards,
    Holger
    Last edited by aloisius; 05/27/2011 at 03:27 PM.
    Hi everyone

Can someone confirm that phone numbers typed into the notes field of Done! automatically get changed to a hypertext? ..thereby allowing me to simply click the number and get directed to the phone? Or...do I have to copy and paste the number in order for me to dial it

Thanks so much!
    Andy
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    on the list view when you tap on the Note icon it expands the note under the item. you can tap on the hyperlink there to dial
    Thats really good news. Thanks so much again for your help

andy
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    TouchPad

Hi Brian. I am planning to get a TouchPad when they come out. Will Done! be undergoing any changes to scale to this new form factor?
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Hi Brian

HP is - beside others - shutting down the beta apps feed in the next hours or days.
    The Homebrew feed will (to my knowledge) remain.

It is said, that international (geo-unlimited) access is coming to webOS 3.0.
    However, I have no information if older webOS version will have this access as well, and when that will happen.
    What-so-ever, at the moment, I still have no access to paid apps. And therefore still using the beta version of your apps.

But with the beta feed being cut off (from PreWare), I won't have access to your apps at all.

Could you please therefore move your beta versions to the homebrew feed?

Update:
    Just read in a posting, that there is a way to provide links to beta apps.
    Could you eventually put a link to the Done! beta app into your 1st post?

Thanks in advance.
    Best regards from Switzerland,
    Rolf
    Last edited by rgloor; 06/08/2011 at 11:20 AM.
  16.    #896  
    Quote Originally Posted by pebacher View Post
    TouchPad

Hi Brian. I am planning to get a TouchPad when they come out. Will Done! be undergoing any changes to scale to this new form factor?
    I haven't yet decided whether to re-write Done! for the new enyo framework. Done! should still work in the "emulator" mode where it appears in a 320x480 window on the TouchPad.

I have been working on a TouchPad version of Noted! that is coming along nicely. Unfortunately, though, developers cannot currently have an app that works on both webOS 1.4.x/2.x and webOS 3.0 in the catalog, so it will likely be released as a completely new app for the TouchPad.

I will be doing a tasks app for the TouchPad, but I'm not yet sure that it will involve Toodledo. Stay tuned for more info.
  17.    #897  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post

Could you please therefore move your beta versions to the homebrew feed?
    See the other thread. My betas are hosted on PreCentral, not in HP/Palm's beta feeds. All is well.
    See the other thread. My betas are hosted on PreCentral, not in HP/Palm's beta feeds. All is well.
    I sure am looking forward to getting Done! on the touchpad - it is one of the most useful apps on WebOS, and the web integration with Toodledo makes it available anywhere, anytime and from any platform.
    I sure am looking forward to getting Done! on the touchpad
    +1
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Done! is the best app I use and join the chorus of those looking forward to a true TouchPad version.