Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 333839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    That solved it! Thanks very much!

Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Skip,

If you go to Preferences/Account Settings and login to Toodledo again, your Done! data on the phone will be deleted and you can re-sync to get it back from Toodledo. This should get rid of the "deleted task" message.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Hi Brian,

I noticed recently that I can manually re-arrange my items on my lists. Fantastic! Except that whenever I make any changes to the list, navigate away from the list or sync my re-arrangement goes away. Is there anyway to prevent this?

Thanks!
  3.    #843  
    Quote Originally Posted by klynngullo View Post
    Hi Brian,

I noticed recently that I can manually re-arrange my items on my lists. Fantastic! Except that whenever I make any changes to the list, navigate away from the list or sync my re-arrangement goes away. Is there anyway to prevent this?

Thanks!
    No...the fact that you can reorder your list items is actually a bug that I should fix. Reordering items is intended to be a feature for Toodledo Pro users to be able to create subtasks. I just forgot to disable the list reordering for non-Pro users.

Sorry, I know that's not what you wanted to hear...
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Really, you can't keep the manual reordering (that stays in place after other changes) as part of Done!? Couldn't that be an option, especially for those of us who only use Toodledo as a backup, but don't really use it online? Done! is such a great app for webOS why cripple it with the restricitons of the website (which, in my opinion, is only mediocre). There are many users who basically use the app as a replacement for Palm's dismal native Tasks and who really just want a standalone task management app on their mobile device. Just saying.......
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I think what I'm trying to say is why restrict Done! to the web's abilities when you should be exploiting webOS's abilities. Manual reordering is one of those.

Ok, nagging finished!
    I know this is a reply to an old post but I wanted to update my information. I never did come back to read the reply to work with Tiger directly to resolve my issue. However--a couple of weeks ago, Verizon had to replace my whole phone as another issue wasn't working internally on it. As of having the new phone, my Done! app works perfectly and always syncs with my Toodledo. I am thrilled to say the least!!

Lesson: if you've tried everything else, the issue might be with the phone, not the app!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Thanks, Brian. Can you say whether Done! and Noted! are WebOS 2.0 compatible?

What's up with Tiger Country Software!?!?

You may have noticed things have been a little...calm? underwhelming? desolate?...around here lately. I've been taking a break from webOS development for a bit, but will be picking it back up in the next week or so.

I plan to fix a few issues in Done!, including updating the sync routines. Will also provide some updates to Myles and add tag support to Noted!, "in the coming months" as Palm likes to say. Stay tuned for more!
  8.    #848  
    Quote Originally Posted by DCFlyer View Post
    Thanks, Brian. Can you say whether Done! and Noted! are WebOS 2.0 compatible?
    I can say that I have run both on a Palm Pre 2 running webOS 2.0. I can't say if they have an webOS 2.0-specific features. Which is kind of a weird place to be.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Brian:

Are you aware of any sorting bugs in Custom Lists? I have a couple of lists for which the first sorting criterion is Folder. I maintain only three folders: Work, Personal, and Condo. However, one list item is routinely displayed in the wrong folder. It isn't a particular list item. Is there additional information I can supply to help sort this out, so to speak?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Is checking off a parent task in Done! supposed to check off subtasks? It looked like it might have, but when I went into Toodledo (premium) after syncing, the parent was checked off but the subtask was not.
  11.    #851  
    Brian:

Are you aware of any sorting bugs in Custom Lists? I have a couple of lists for which the first sorting criterion is Folder. I maintain only three folders: Work, Personal, and Condo. However, one list item is routinely displayed in the wrong folder. It isn't a particular list item. Is there additional information I can supply to help sort this out, so to speak?

Thanks.
    Jeeze, I'm a little late in getting back to you on this. Sorry.

So, a random item is routinely displayed when it shouldn't be? I haven't noticed that, but I'll have a look and see if I can find anything.
  12.    #852  
    Is checking off a parent task in Done! supposed to check off subtasks? It looked like it might have, but when I went into Toodledo (premium) after syncing, the parent was checked off but the subtask was not.
    Nope, checking parent tasks doesn't check off the subtasks. I'm not sure how that works in Toodledo...?

I suppose that could be an option.
  13.    #853  
    Quote Originally Posted by klynngullo View Post
    I think what I'm trying to say is why restrict Done! to the web's abilities when you should be exploiting webOS's abilities. Manual reordering is one of those.

Ok, nagging finished!
    Kara,

I understand where you're coming from, but one of the design criteria that I set early on was to provide a full backup of your tasks through Toodledo. I can't do that if I add features that Toodledo doesn't support.

However, Toodledo now has a new API that has some additional features, one of which is a custom field for apps like Done! that sync with Toodledo. So, there is now a possibility of using the custom field to, for instance, save a tasks sort order.

However, taking advantage of the new API will require re-writing much of Done! Location support is also a feature of the new API that would be nice to have in a tasks app. I plan to re-write to use the new API, but can't give a definite timeline on when that will happen...
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Hi Brian

Since webOS 2.1 for European Palm Pre + is out, I just wondered, if there are any known issues with Done! under webOS 2.x.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Greetings from Switzerland,
    Rolf
  15.    #855  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    Hi Brian

Since webOS 2.1 for European Palm Pre + is out, I just wondered, if there are any known issues with Done! under webOS 2.x.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Greetings from Switzerland,
    Rolf
    I'm not aware of any issues and have tested on a Pre 2.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Nope, checking parent tasks doesn't check off the subtasks. I'm not sure how that works in Toodledo...?

I suppose that could be an option.
    Welcome back, Brian. In Toodledo (premium), checking off a parent task checks off all subtasks (after popping up a notice that this will happen). My vote would be to support this behavior in Done! for consistency. Thanks!
    Wrong Date!
    Since some days (after upgrade 2.1 on pre+ ?) i've the problem that some (not all) tasks will be shown with the wrong date, i.e. one day before. The timezones are ok and some tasks will be synced right but every time i tested i've got one tasks, with no special options, that won't be shown correct.
    I create my task with the online-interface from toodledo.
    prego
  18.    #858  
    Quote Originally Posted by prego View Post
    Wrong Date!
    Since some days (after upgrade 2.1 on pre+ ?) i've the problem that some (not all) tasks will be shown with the wrong date, i.e. one day before. The timezones are ok and some tasks will be synced right but every time i tested i've got one tasks, with no special options, that won't be shown correct.
    I create my task with the online-interface from toodledo.
    Interesting. What timezone are you in?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I normally use the Custom Lists view. I find that if I have "All tasks" selected in the right-hand drop-down, the list is sorted by Importance. If I select one of my custom lists, it reverts to being sorted however that list defines it's sort.
    Ideally I would like to sort a number of my lists by Importance, but that doesn't seem to be an option in the Custom Lists setup.

Am I missing something? I don't really understand when the Importance sort is used, or how to choose it.

Thanks
  20.    #860  
    Quote Originally Posted by swaldman View Post
    I normally use the Custom Lists view. I find that if I have "All tasks" selected in the right-hand drop-down, the list is sorted by Importance. If I select one of my custom lists, it reverts to being sorted however that list defines it's sort.
    Ideally I would like to sort a number of my lists by Importance, but that doesn't seem to be an option in the Custom Lists setup.

Am I missing something? I don't really understand when the Importance sort is used, or how to choose it.

Thanks
    You're not missing anything, I just never have gotten around to adding importance as a sort option for custom lists. Look for it in a future release...