Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #781  
    Quote Originally Posted by fsyncio View Post
    i think what i find confusing is the situation where the task isn't indented (because the parent doesn't show up on the custom sort), but the child task is still sorted according to (invisible) parent characteristics. so i was sort of hoping to be able to turn off this feature on a list-by-list case.

what happens now is i have a task with a specific due date (say friday at noon), and subtasks that have to happen on earlier day (say wednesday at 9:00am and thursday at 9:00am). so say today is wednesday, on my custom list (sorted by due-date/time) the wednesday task shows up as due today, but it shows up at the bottom of the list after everything else (including tasks due at 10pm). i guess i have a differing opinion, but i find it confusing to have to remember that i have a parent due friday but a subtask due today in the morning sometime and then have to go scrolling through the list to find it.
    Hmm....sounds like a bug. If the parent isn't displayed, the child tasks should behave like normal tasks and be sorted as though they were a normal task. I'll check it out.

Edit to ask: What version are you using?
    haeffb this is a repost
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    hey haeffb I have been following your work since agenda. I really like the Done! app. I just discovered how to add multiple tasks at once on toodledo's website. Is there a way to incorporate that function with a toggle or preference setting? On the website each line would become a different task that would be a great feature. I am attaching a screenshot. If this already exists in the app forgive me for asking.
  3.    #783  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    haeffb this is a repost
    That feature doesn't exist in the app currently.

I toyed with the idea of using the search function / ENTER combination to just add directly to the list rather than taking you to the details screen. Maybe that could be an option?
  4.    #784  
    Version 0.5.3 uploaded.
    Adds option for showing tags in tasks list
    Adds option for "multi task entry" from tasks list - start typing to bring up search field and press Enter to add a task. If multi-task-entry is turned on, the task is added directly to the list and you can then enter another (backswipe to close the search field). If multi-task-entry is turned off, pressing Enter adds the task and takes you to the task details screen.
  5.    #785  
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Hmm....sounds like a bug. If the parent isn't displayed, the child tasks should behave like normal tasks and be sorted as though they were a normal task. I'll check it out.

Edit to ask: What version are you using?
    It's not a bug, it's working as designed. Just designed poorly.

Version 0.5.3 also includes a fix for this.
    Last edited by haeffb; 10/10/2010 at 11:07 PM.
    Version 0.5.3 uploaded.
    Adds option for showing tags in tasks list
    Adds option for "multi task entry" from tasks list - start typing to bring up search field and press Enter to add a task. If multi-task-entry is turned on, the task is added directly to the list and you can then enter another (backswipe to close the search field). If multi-task-entry is turned off, pressing Enter adds the task and takes you to the task details screen.

See that is why I have bought all your apps, you are always open to suggestions.
    multilist feature works great! Thanks so much.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Oops. Bug in the latest beta version:

My completed (checked) tasks are now showing in my custom lists, even though the specifications indicate to exclude them.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Great app, but I'm suddenly having a problem after updating to 0.5.3 - tasks added from my Pre are disappearing from Done! after I sync, but they still show up on the Toodledo site. Tasks added from Toodledo do show in Done! after syncing.

Edited to add: All options for the task are the same whether I enter it in Toodledo or Done!, the only difference I know of is where I entered it.

2nd Edit: If I reset my synchronization as described here, the new tasks show up again, but any more new tasks disappear as before.
    Last edited by bbrg548; 10/11/2010 at 02:46 PM.
  10.    #790  
    Quote Originally Posted by aa6vh View Post
    Oops. Bug in the latest beta version:

My completed (checked) tasks are now showing in my custom lists, even though the specifications indicate to exclude them.
    All completed tasks? Or those recently completed? Do you have "Hide Completed Tasks" turned off?
  11.    #791  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrg548 View Post
    Great app, but I'm suddenly having a problem after updating to 0.5.3 - tasks added from my Pre are disappearing from Done! after I sync, but they still show up on the Toodledo site. Tasks added from Toodledo do show in Done! after syncing.

Edited to add: All options for the task are the same whether I enter it in Toodledo or Done!, the only difference I know of is where I entered it.

2nd Edit: If I reset my synchronization as described here, the new tasks show up again, but any more new tasks disappear as before.
    Buggy bug bug. Squashed. Version 0.5.5
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    All completed tasks? Or those recently completed? Do you have "Hide Completed Tasks" turned off?
    Only today's tasks that were completed are showing.

This bug just appeared in the latest beta. I made no changes to any parameters.

And correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't the "Hide Completed Tasks" setting be irrelevant since I am using a "Custom" list with the "Completed" filter set to only show "Not Completed"?
    If I have a phone call in progress, and am connected to the Internet over 3G, I can't seem to sync Done! Tapping the sync button does nothing. Is this expected behavior? If so, a friendlier notice might be helpful.
  14.    #794  
    Only today's tasks that were completed are showing.

This bug just appeared in the latest beta. I made no changes to any parameters.

And correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't the "Hide Completed Tasks" setting be irrelevant since I am using a "Custom" list with the "Completed" filter set to only show "Not Completed"?
    Good question. I'm not sure - I could argue both sides of that one...
  15.    #795  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hoffman View Post
    If I have a phone call in progress, and am connected to the Internet over 3G, I can't seem to sync Done! Tapping the sync button does nothing. Is this expected behavior? If so, a friendlier notice might be helpful.
    That is behaving as expected on CDMA. Not sure about AT&T or other carriers.

What kind of friendly notice?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Buggy bug bug. Squashed. Version 0.5.5
    That fixed it! Thanks!

One of the things I like about this app is your quick updates when a bug is found. Keep up the great work!
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Good question. I'm not sure - I could argue both sides of that one...
    Well, according to your messages #643 and #681, custom filters are supposed to override the main settings.

And in your changelog for version 0.5.0:

Global filters from Preferences no longer apply to custom lists

And again, this was working properly in 0.5.2. It was just broken in 0.5.3 and 0.5.5.
    Yes, I am on Verizon (CDMA). Well, any sort of notice would be helpful. Like an error message popup that says "Error: you cannot sync while a phone call is in progress. [OK]" instead of just doing nothing. I don't really care that much now that I know this is the issue, though.
  19.    #799  
    Well, according to your messages #643 and #681, custom filters are supposed to override the main settings.

And in your changelog for version 0.5.0:

Global filters from Preferences no longer apply to custom lists

And again, this was working properly in 0.5.2. It was just broken in 0.5.3 and 0.5.5.
    While that is all true, the "Hide Completed" works a bit differently than the other filters - it only shows the completed tasks until the next day, then they're gone. I could see someone wanting to see that behavior all the time, even in custom lists, if that's how thy operate. Is there any particular reason you would want to (temporarily) show completed in the other lists, but not in custom lists?
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    While that is all true, the "Hide Completed" works a bit differently than the other filters - it only shows the completed tasks until the next day, then they're gone. I could see someone wanting to see that behavior all the time, even in custom lists, if that's how thy operate. Is there any particular reason you would want to (temporarily) show completed in the other lists, but not in custom lists?
    Yes, I do agree that technically the internal working of "Completed Tasks" may differ from other criteria. I am aware of the processing that goes on behind the scenes (especially the difference when a task is a simple repeat versus an advanced repeat).

But to the average user, there is no difference. Either "Custom Lists" have filters that are independent of the main preference filters, or they do not. Having some filters that work one way, and others that work another way just frustrates people, and detracts from what is otherwise a great application.

And to answer your question: I have one custom list that just shows unchecked tasks. I have another custom list that shows "Starred" tasks, and needs to show both checked and unchecked.

I am only belaboring this issue because it is something that was just broken in one of the recent changes. I want Done! to succeed, if for no other reason than my selfesh desire to have it continue to be supported and enhanced.