Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    I will mostly be using folder views. I would like the folders to sort alphabetically or even drag and drop them in order I want. And the lists within the folders to sort by date, priority or alphabetically.
    I'll be working on folder sorting. You can sort them in Toodledo...I'm just not using that sort order yet, but will. It's "on the list"...
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by tklr View Post
    @haeffb

You seem to be working with lightspeed ;-)
    Using a Pre in Germany Im still experiencing date-shifts between Toodledo and Done. Timesettings on the website are correct. Strangely enough, the shifts dont happen with all entries.

Anyway, your work is being highly appreciated! Thanks!
    Toby

edit:
    Overdue tasks (from march) show up one day earlier in Done than at Toodledo.
    Some overdue tasks (from april) have the right date both in Done and at Toodledo.
    Some tasks with due date in the next days show up one day later in Done than at Toodledo.
    Strange stuff. I've had a difficult time getting the timezone offsets working correctly. May have to switch the way I'm getting dates from Toodledo...
    @haeffb

Just a general question (sry if I missed the answer somewhere)

Is it a 2-way-sync between Done! and Toodledo? If not, are you thinking about a preference option, which part should be allowed to overwrite the other?

AfaikAfaikAfaik $Toodledo$ $is$ $unfortunately$ $still$ $not$ $supporting$ $coloured$ $folders$. $Could$ $you$ $imagine$ $such$ $a$ $function$ $in$ $Done$! $which$ $would$ $make$ $the$ $distinction$ $between$ $the$ $folders$ $a$ $lot$ $easier$ ($e$.$g$. $colouring$ $the$ $Name$ $of$ $the$ $Folder$). $What$ $do$ $the$ $other$ $users$ $say$ $concerning$ $this$?

Thx, Toby
  4.    #64  
    Sync is two-way. Current setting is web overwrites device if tasks are modified in both places, but this will be a pref.

Colored folders - it could be done, but I hate to get too elaborate with that kind of stuff when there's no way to save settings off-device. (i.e. The settings don't sync to Toodledo).
    @haeffb

Thx 4 the quick reply again.
    Implementing the overwriting option as a preference is perfect.
    Youre right concerning the colouring option.
    In which way are you thinking about notifications, since they were mentioned earlier in this thread?
    And pls keep us updated about the date-shift-issue.

Toby
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Random stuff on the latest (0.0.4) release:

(1) Doesn't sync when you first run it. This must be done manually.

(2) I find the two dropdowns to be confusing. I kind of see how the first one is a sort and the second one is a filter. But "All tasks" does make sense for a sort. I realize this used to be "Toodledo" and you're looking for a better term.

(3) The hit area to mark complete/uncomplete is too close to the hit area to edit.

(4) Marking complete/uncomplete forces a resort that makes this go screwy. I like the way that Toodledo does it with their site: tap the box to mark complete, and leave it like that until you refresh. In which case, if "hide complete" is turned on, that row goes away.

What do I mean by screwy? It resets the sort/filter to "All Tasks" for both.

(5) Would like "Show folders/contexts" to be two different options. I use folders, but not contexts.

(6) Hotlist sorts by folder only. Would like to see a hotlist sorted by due date. My most common usage is going to be "show me the view that displays what's overdue, due today, and due tomorrow." The "Due Date/All Tasks" view works, but it contains too much data (and therefore is slower than it might need to be?).

(7) Add doesn't bring in my defaults.

(8) There's no way to cancel adding. It always saves.

(9) I added (in Done) a daily repeating task. I then marked as complete. The next day doesn't show up. Not even if I refresh. Or go to the Toodledo web site.

I'll keep testing, but I like the way this is shaping up.
    @haeffb

Just a short note.
    Are you planning to implement a search function (e.g. search as you type)? This would be awesome.

Cheers, Toby
    ok alittle bit of using and here's a few things I'd like

1. Subtasks. Toodledo does support them and not enough task managers utilize subtasks.

2. Quick entry. Next to the plus button, can we get like a plus button with a lightning bolt which lets us enter items quick like in stock app?

3. Special options such as call, email meet which would link to phone email and nav app (carrier one or google maps, whichever you have set as default.

assuming folders have jus not been implemented yet as I an seem to figure out how to make one.

love where this is goinh
    Haeffb,

Are you getting overwhelmed yet? There are a lot of requests. LOL. That is only because this is a much needed addition to WebOS and people like what you are doing. Thanks, and keep up the hard work!
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Will probably add the following sync options:

at Launch
    at Exit
    at Interval
    30 min
    1 hr
    daily

with the ability to select any or all of the first three options and one of the interval options. Anything else needed?
    I know you mentioned earlier that you expected "sync on every change to be excessive", but I'd like to see that as an option...I'd at least explore using it.

Sync is two-way. Current setting is web overwrites device if tasks are modified in both places, but this will be a pref.
    Can you also have a setting for "ask user"? That would then imply a new scene/scenes in which users would then have to/be able to resolve or merge differences or save as a duplicate or something...

Thanks for all your work!
  11.    #71  
    @haeffb

Thx 4 the quick reply again.
    Implementing the overwriting option as a preference is perfect.
    Youre right concerning the colouring option.
    In which way are you thinking about notifications, since they were mentioned earlier in this thread?
    And pls keep us updated about the date-shift-issue.

Toby
    Notifications would be standard webOS notifications. If you set a due-time, the app would fire a banner notification/dashboard when the task is due.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Random stuff on the latest (0.0.4) release:
    (1) Doesn't sync when you first run it. This must be done manually.
    True, so far. Sync options will be coming.

(2) I find the two dropdowns to be confusing. I kind of see how the first one is a sort and the second one is a filter. But "All tasks" does make sense for a sort. I realize this used to be "Toodledo" and you're looking for a better term.
    You'll get used to it... ? The first one is akin to the views in Toodledo. The second is a filter for the first.

(3) The hit area to mark complete/uncomplete is too close to the hit area to edit.
    I can work on that.

(4) Marking complete/uncomplete forces a resort that makes this go screwy. I like the way that Toodledo does it with their site: tap the box to mark complete, and leave it like that until you refresh. In which case, if "hide complete" is turned on, that row goes away.

What do I mean by screwy? It resets the sort/filter to "All Tasks" for both.
    That's a bug that can be fixed. Er, is fixed in the next release.

(5) Would like "Show folders/contexts" to be two different options. I use folders, but not contexts.
    Noted.

(6) Hotlist sorts by folder only. Would like to see a hotlist sorted by due date. My most common usage is going to be "show me the view that displays what's overdue, due today, and due tomorrow." The "Due Date/All Tasks" view works, but it contains too much data (and therefore is slower than it might need to be?).
    Sorting options are in the works.

(7) Add doesn't bring in my defaults.
    Hmmm....works for me.

(8) There's no way to cancel adding. It always saves.
    True. Working as designed. It's easy enough to "swipe to delete". I plan to change the add/edit task function to not save anything if you don't actually change anything....

(9) I added (in Done) a daily repeating task. I then marked as complete. The next day doesn't show up. Not even if I refresh. Or go to the Toodledo web site.
    May be a bug, Toodledo is supposed to create the repeating task, so the next time you sync it should show up. Handling repeats locally is "on the list."

I'll keep testing, but I like the way this is shaping up.
    Please do keep testing and keep providing feedback! Thanks!
  13.    #73  
    @haeffb

Just a short note.
    Are you planning to implement a search function (e.g. search as you type)? This would be awesome.

Cheers, Toby
    I do. I had started working on it but ran into some buggyness and took it back out for now.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    ok alittle bit of using and here's a few things I'd like

1. Subtasks. Toodledo does support them and not enough task managers utilize subtasks.

2. Quick entry. Next to the plus button, can we get like a plus button with a lightning bolt which lets us enter items quick like in stock app?

3. Special options such as call, email meet which would link to phone email and nav app (carrier one or google maps, whichever you have set as default.

assuming folders have jus not been implemented yet as I an seem to figure out how to make one.

love where this is goinh
    Subtasks would be nice. They're not high on my priority list yet, but something to work on when other functions are working.

I keep going back and forth between "type to search" and "type to add". I really like the way the Tasks app handles quick add - the tasks in the list are editable, and if you hit enter while editing a task it adds a new one.

How do you envision these "special options" working?

Folders/Contexts/Goals have to be created in Toodledo currently. I'll be adding the ability to add/edit them on device down the road.
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Haeffb,

Are you getting overwhelmed yet? There are a lot of requests. LOL. That is only because this is a much needed addition to WebOS and people like what you are doing. Thanks, and keep up the hard work!
    NOT AT ALL! Feedback is great, and is the reason I post beta stuff on PreCentral. It helps me to make a better app...

I didn't explicitly state this in the original post, but I do plan on submitting this as a paid app in the catalog (as soon as we all think it's ready). Like Myles, Done will remain as a free "Beta" version in homebrew and a paid version in the catalog. That being said, feedback on what you'd consider a fair price would also be appreciated...(not for the current version, but for the "final" version)...
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    I know you mentioned earlier that you expected "sync on every change to be excessive", but I'd like to see that as an option...I'd at least explore using it.

Can you also have a setting for "ask user"? That would then imply a new scene/scenes in which users would then have to/be able to resolve or merge differences or save as a duplicate or something...

Thanks for all your work!
    sync on change could be an option. We'll try it and see what happens...!

A setting for "ask user" is a good idea. It'll take some work and might be a lower priority than some other features, but definite possibility.
    Subtasks would be nice. They're not high on my priority list yet, but something to work on when other functions are working.

I keep going back and forth between "type to search" and "type to add". I really like the way the Tasks app handles quick add - the tasks in the list are editable, and if you hit enter while editing a task it adds a new one.

How do you envision these "special options" working?

Folders/Contexts/Goals have to be created in Toodledo currently. I'll be adding the ability to add/edit them on device down the road.
    types could be another option separate from categories, or even better, categories for call, sms, email, visit place, or go to website could add a function to the task. example. I would go to the entry and when creating if I pick the type or category of call a drawer opens down and I imput the phone number. when saved a phone icon apears at the far end of the entry which I can press at any time. when I get the notification instead of just a simple banner for this one, I'd get a notification similar to the calendar app with an option to call now or later. same thing would apply to all the other options.

an example app would be todo on the iphone/touch which also syncs with toodledo. I never got to use the functionality of this because I had the touch, but REALly wanted to or wished I had it on my phone. I'd pay 10 bucks easily if this app could match that one (thats what I paid for that one.) if you have an itouch I'd check it out so you an see what I'm talking about.
    NOT AT ALL! Feedback is great, and is the reason I post beta stuff on PreCentral. It helps me to make a better app...

I didn't explicitly state this in the original post, but I do plan on submitting this as a paid app in the catalog (as soon as we all think it's ready). Like Myles, Done will remain as a free "Beta" version in homebrew and a paid version in the catalog. That being said, feedback on what you'd consider a fair price would also be appreciated...(not for the current version, but for the "final" version)...
    Well if you can get all of these requests in, at least the one I want. I would pay $5 to $10 as having a tool that lets my wife and I keep track of "TO DO" lists and other Lists it is worth it for me. I would possibly even pay more. Between this and Google shared calendar and contacts, we can keep track and share everything we need (just about). But I digress. I think $5 to $10 would be fair, but people have become a bit spoiled and cry when they pay more than a $1 for anything, so it makes it tougher to decide. $10 may be pushing because of this so probably stick around $3 to $5. I think in that range if the app is done well you will get buyers and hopefully make up money in quantity sold. What does everyone else think?
    @haeffb

Simply looking at the recent feedback from the users over here and at nexave.de there seem to be plenty of users happily willing to test and finally pay Id say. Actually your app made me switch from RTM to Toodledo within a day ;-) Concerning the pricing Id say everything between 5-10 is fine with me but as others were stating already, people seem to have been spoiled by other apps/platforms.

Cheers, Toby
    playing around a bit more tonight and adding some items through the app and syncing them. They don't seem to be showing up on the web site. Is there a delay before they will show up?

EDIT: I added and deleted other items and working fine, except for 2 items I added a few hours ago, just will not sync for some reason..... I just deleted them and re-entered them and then they synced fine too. Have no idea why they would not sync.... hmmmm.

PS: Would it be possible to add an option to show notes on the main screen?
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 04/22/2010 at 03:14 AM.
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast