Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #761  
    Done v 0.5.0 has been published to the app catalog.
  2.    #762  
    And now version 0.5.2 has been submitted with bug fixes.
    Notebook:

Will there be the possibilty to sync the Notebook of Toodledo with Done!?
    prego
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Is there a changelog anywhere? I'd like to be able to see what's happened in the new versions. Great app by the way.
    Nothing to see here. Move along.
    @drew3sbs on twitter
    prego
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I'm using the Tags to identify my customers. The only issue I'm having with this is I'm not able to see the tags in the initial list displayed in Done!. I have to select and individual item before I can see them. Is there a way to display the the tags instead of one of the other fields such as Folder or Due Date? Or is there a better way for me to store and display this customer name?

TIA
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Brian:

Your implementation of subtasks is really good. Reason enough to buy this app and use Toodledo.

I think I found a bug, though. I made a task, then a subtask, then cloned it, modified the clone, cloned that task... In all, I had a parent task and eight subtasks. I then decided to delete one of the subtasks. I swiped it, and confirmed the deletion. That all looked like it should. However, when I went back into the parent and looked at subtasks, it was back. I tried this multiple times. Ultimately, I hit the arrow to the right of the subtask to change it from a subtask to a top-level task. I was then able to delete it.

Hope this helps. Keep up the good work.
    Mark
    Sorry if I missed this, but... I know we get notifications in the notification area when a task is due, but is there any way to specify a notification tone for it? I am not seeing a setting anywhere, but if my phone is in my pocket, I am not going to remember to check for Done! notifications. I need noise, man... I mean like ringtone noise. It's why I have a smartphone. With my ADHD if I don't get notifications for most of my senses (sight, sounds, touch.... smell would help too! LOL) it's going to be forgotten. If I missed it somewhere in this thread, my apologies. Just point me in the right direction and I will shut up. LOL
  9.    #769  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhibbs View Post
    I'm using the Tags to identify my customers. The only issue I'm having with this is I'm not able to see the tags in the initial list displayed in Done!. I have to select and individual item before I can see them. Is there a way to display the the tags instead of one of the other fields such as Folder or Due Date? Or is there a better way for me to store and display this customer name?
    That's likely the next improvement - to give more options for what's displayed in the tasks list. Look for it "in the future" but I'm getting pretty close to my busy season and won't have much time to work on Done! for a bit.
  10.    #770  
    Quote Originally Posted by DCFlyer View Post
    Brian:

Your implementation of subtasks is really good. Reason enough to buy this app and use Toodledo.

I think I found a bug, though. I made a task, then a subtask, then cloned it, modified the clone, cloned that task... In all, I had a parent task and eight subtasks. I then decided to delete one of the subtasks. I swiped it, and confirmed the deletion. That all looked like it should. However, when I went back into the parent and looked at subtasks, it was back. I tried this multiple times. Ultimately, I hit the arrow to the right of the subtask to change it from a subtask to a top-level task. I was then able to delete it.

Hope this helps. Keep up the good work.
    Mark
    Thanks for the report. I'll look into it.
  11.    #771  
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Sorry if I missed this, but... I know we get notifications in the notification area when a task is due, but is there any way to specify a notification tone for it? I am not seeing a setting anywhere, but if my phone is in my pocket, I am not going to remember to check for Done! notifications. I need noise, man... I mean like ringtone noise. It's why I have a smartphone. With my ADHD if I don't get notifications for most of my senses (sight, sounds, touch.... smell would help too! LOL) it's going to be forgotten. If I missed it somewhere in this thread, my apologies. Just point me in the right direction and I will shut up. LOL
    You can specify to use an alert sound on notifications, but you can't specify which sound. Yet.
  12.    #772  
    Quote Originally Posted by prego View Post
    Notebook:

Will there be the possibilty to sync the Notebook of Toodledo with Done!?
    It's unlikely that it will happen within Done. Possibly, though, a standalone app that syncs with Toodledo Notebooks. Not sure how much interest there would be, given the already crowded "Notes" app field in webOS.

Personally, I prefer Simplenote and Noted.
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    [...]
    Personally, I prefer Simplenote and Noted.
    OK, i tried it and it's really great. THX!

I thought it's nice to have one app for ToDos AND Notes. But the combination Noted! and Done! is really an alternative. It's nice to work with them.
    prego
    Thanks for adding the repeat icon to the checkbox and other UI enhancements in the most recent version!
  15. ELG
    I haven't started using Done! and Toodledoo yet but was wondering if there is some place with some general instructions and basics on the two apps for simple task lists and eventually integrating it into my google calendar as individual entries and not just the to do list that I have now that I then have to click on.
    Thanks
    hey haeffb I have been following your work since agenda. I really like the Done! app. I just discovered how to add multiple tasks at once on toodledo's website. Is there a way to incorporate that function with a toggle or preference setting? On the website each line would become a different task that would be a great feature. I am attaching a screenshot. If this already exists in the app forgive me for asking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Hi, Brian:

With Prefs set to indent subtasks, subtasks in Custom Lists are not indented. I can't find a setting within Custom Lists to make them indent.

I should note that the parent of these subtasks does not meet my custom list criteria, so only the subtasks are displayed. However, in other lists where this condition occurs, subtasks are still indented. It's handy, because I can tell they are subtasks and can go into edit mode to see the parent, etc.

Thanks,
    Mark
    or maybe could we set the prefs for indenting subtasks for each custom sort list?
  19.    #779  
    Quote Originally Posted by DCFlyer View Post
    Hi, Brian:

With Prefs set to indent subtasks, subtasks in Custom Lists are not indented. I can't find a setting within Custom Lists to make them indent.

I should note that the parent of these subtasks does not meet my custom list criteria, so only the subtasks are displayed. However, in other lists where this condition occurs, subtasks are still indented. It's handy, because I can tell they are subtasks and can go into edit mode to see the parent, etc.
    If the parent is not displayed in a list, the children will not display indented.

They shouldn't be indented in non-custom lists when the parent isn't displayed, either.
    i think what i find confusing is the situation where the task isn't indented (because the parent doesn't show up on the custom sort), but the child task is still sorted according to (invisible) parent characteristics. so i was sort of hoping to be able to turn off this feature on a list-by-list case.

what happens now is i have a task with a specific due date (say friday at noon), and subtasks that have to happen on earlier day (say wednesday at 9:00am and thursday at 9:00am). so say today is wednesday, on my custom list (sorted by due-date/time) the wednesday task shows up as due today, but it shows up at the bottom of the list after everything else (including tasks due at 10pm). i guess i have a differing opinion, but i find it confusing to have to remember that i have a parent due friday but a subtask due today in the morning sometime and then have to go scrolling through the list to find it.