Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Thanks for adding sorting by importance! However, when Done! sorts by importance, completing an item can cause random resorting of other items of same importance. This is confusing and leads to tapping on the wrong item.

Another issue I've noticed is that if you press the button for a new task, and then start typing quickly, your keystrokes will go into the "Task name..." field but a second later will be replaced as the app repopulates all of the controls with their defaults. I keep getting bitten by this.

This is with Done! 0.4.4 (app catalog).
  2.    #742  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    Hi haeffb

If you can make them sort alphabetically, or even better:
    In the preference: let the user set the sort order the same way as the folders can be sorted (manually).
    Fixed so that contexts and goals now sort alphabetically. Manual sorting (as folders are sorted) is not supported by Toodledo.
  3.    #743  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hoffman View Post
    Thanks for adding sorting by importance! However, when Done! sorts by importance, completing an item can cause random resorting of other items of same importance. This is confusing and leads to tapping on the wrong item.
    The problem with Importance is that it's not saved in the database - it's calculated on the fly. In general, sorting is done during the database query for other task properties, but sorting by importance is done manually. I'll see if I can make any changes to the sorting routine that will help...

Another issue I've noticed is that if you press the button for a new task, and then start typing quickly, your keystrokes will go into the "Task name..." field but a second later will be replaced as the app repopulates all of the controls with their defaults. I keep getting bitten by this.

This is with Done! 0.4.4 (app catalog).
    Not sure if I can do anything about this...it just takes a bit to load the scene- there's a lot going on.

You might try entering the task name on the main task list scene (i.e. as though you are filtering the list) then press the Enter key. This will add the entered text as a new task and launch the add task scene with that text in the "Task name" field.
  4.    #744  
    Version 0.4.21 uploaded.

All the fixes mentioned above.
    Changed the notification system - you now have < > arrows to navigate thru tasks and tapping the done icon will remove the current task from notifications.
    Added a "Show Notifications" option to the App Menu.
    Some additional fixes to the subtasks drag/drop system in the main tasks list.
    Hello,
    the text above describes the solution for my problem, but it doesnt work on my pre. When I tap the checkbox for one task, because Ive done it, then is still showen in the notifications. When I want to delete it from the notifications, thn all of them are deleted.

If it works as told above, it will be great. Or does it only work in preware? Ive purchased the app and my version is 0.4.4 (which is bigger then 0.4.21?).

Thanks for your tolerance about my english an
    thans for help!

Best regards,

Vamp
  6.    #746  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp55 View Post
    Hello,
    the text above describes the solution for my problem, but it doesnt work on my pre. When I tap the checkbox for one task, because Ive done it, then is still showen in the notifications. When I want to delete it from the notifications, thn all of them are deleted.

If it works as told above, it will be great. Or does it only work in preware? Ive purchased the app and my version is 0.4.4 (which is bigger then 0.4.21?).
    The version available here (and in Preware) is the beta version. It has new features that are not in the app catalog version.

21 is bigger than 4.

The new version will be released as 0.5.0 in the app catalog soon. I just need some testers in here to tell me that it's either good to go or needs more work...
    Oh, this is emberressing! I compared the 4 with the 2, I thought, in version numbers is this so... but I guess, then there has to be a dot between 2 and 1... Sorry, Im not very versed with this...

Thanks for your answer. I look forward to the update!

Best regards,

Vamp
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Version 0.4.21 uploaded.

All the fixes mentioned above.
    Changed the notification system - you now have < > arrows to navigate thru tasks and tapping the done icon will remove the current task from notifications.
    Added a "Show Notifications" option to the App Menu.
    Some additional fixes to the subtasks drag/drop system in the main tasks list.
    I like the new notifications. I hated when the phone would reboot, all notifications would be lost until the next task was due. Now I just launch Done! and they're back. I also like being able to selectively dismiss tasks. Works very well for me, thanks. I'll report back if I see any problems.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    This morning, at my daily notification time, I got a notification for 0 tasks (version 0.4.21). I'd suggest that the daily notification should be skipped if there are no tasks due for notification!
  10.    #750  
    Quote Originally Posted by joehutch View Post
    This morning, at my daily notification time, I got a notification for 0 tasks (version 0.4.21). I'd suggest that the daily notification should be skipped if there are no tasks due for notification!
    Thanks. Fixed in next version.
    Haeffb when using the beta version of Done! I am getting duplicate tasks there is an icon at the bottom that has two sheets of paper, and when I save the tasks it is duplicated. I am syncing to two machines. When I use the app catalog version with the same account I don't get the duplicate task but I have a button that says duplicate task and as long as I don't click that button I only have one task. I will post screen shots when I get home. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Haeffb when using the beta version of Done! I am getting duplicate tasks there is an icon at the bottom that has two sheets of paper, and when I save the tasks it is duplicated. I am syncing to two machines. When I use the app catalog version with the same account I don't get the duplicate task but I have a button that says duplicate task and as long as I don't click that button I only have one task. I will post screen shots when I get home. Thanks!
    That button at the bottom with two sheets if paper is the "Duplicate Task" button - the one with the words in the official version has been replaced by an icon.

The purpose of that icon is to allow you to create multiple similar tasks - you create (or open) one, and click the duplicate button to create a new one that you can then modify.

To save a new task, you don't need to hit any buttons - just fill out the form and swipe backwards, which causes the task to be saved.

Personally, I'd prefer to see a "Save" button that would save the task and return to the previous screen (and have the swipe back simply cancel). But that's not how the app works...
    with the beta version it does it automatically. Whether I click the button or not.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    with the beta version it does it automatically. Whether I click the button or not.
    Strange... I don't have that problem...
    I noticed today that subtasks are sorted by the parent's due time, not by their own due time (at least this is the case in the custom lists). I know issues like this have been debated on this forum, but I personally found it confusing when the subtasks dropped to the bottom of the list because the parent task didn't have a specific time set for it. I'd personally prefer that subtasks be sorted according to their characteristics, not their parents'. Just my 2 cents...
    ps - thanks for adding the message that appears when Done! didn't sync properly. It's already saved me some grief a couple times.
  17.    #757  
    Quote Originally Posted by fsyncio View Post
    I noticed today that subtasks are sorted by the parent's due time, not by their own due time (at least this is the case in the custom lists). I know issues like this have been debated on this forum, but I personally found it confusing when the subtasks dropped to the bottom of the list because the parent task didn't have a specific time set for it. I'd personally prefer that subtasks be sorted according to their characteristics, not their parents'. Just my 2 cents...
    If you turn off "Indent Subtasks", the subtasks are treated like any other task and sorted by their properties, not the parents.

At least, that's the way it's supposed to work...
  18.    #758  
    It does which, exactly? You edit a task, do a back gesture, and you get two tasks?
  19.    #759  
    Speaking of which, is the "duplicate task" icon confusing? I couldn't figure out a better icon...trying to stay within the styles of the standard palm icons.
  20.    #760  
    Quote Originally Posted by shmoo27 View Post
    Personally, I'd prefer to see a "Save" button that would save the task and return to the previous screen (and have the swipe back simply cancel). But that's not how the app works...
    I understand the sentiment, but that's not how webOS apps are supposed to work, per Palm's guidelines. They don't want "save" or "back" buttons to save data.