Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #721  
    Quote Originally Posted by aa6vh View Post
    Have another problem:

If I modify a task title to add a single space followed by a plus sign (+), then sync with Toodledo, the plus sign is dropped.

Note that if I modify the task title on Toodledo, then sync, the plus sign will download. It appears that the plus sign is being dropped during upload.

Also note that using a minus sign (-) instead of plus works correctly. I have not tried other characters yet.
    Fixed the plus sign issue in next version.
  2.    #722  
    Noticed a small nuisance when using Custom Lists to filter Start Dates:

My desire is to suppress the showing of tasks that have a start date of tomorrow or later.

In the Custom List filter settings, I set "Start Date" to "Today", and set the "Include Older" to "On".

This works for my tasks, except for tasks that have no start date (start date set to null).

I would suggest that tasks with a null start date be added when "Include Older" is set on. Alternatively, add another switch to also include null start dates.
    I've added a "No Due Date" toggle option and "No Start Date" toggle option to the dates selections in custom lists. The "Include Older" and "No Due/Start Date" toggles only appear when the date selectors are set to something other than "All Due/Start Dates" or "No Due/Start Dates" (i.e. overdue, today, tomorrow, etc.)
  3.    #723  
    version 0.4.17 uploaded

Color coded duedates in tasks list, shows "today" and "tomorrow" for due dates in tasks list, recurring symbol in checkbox for repeating tasks, various bugfixes as noted above.

So, has anyone tested the subtasks feature? Hearing nothing but...crickets...
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Any update on eliminating sync notifications?
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    *chirp*

I would really love to use subtasks, as I prefer to organize things in heirarchies. (It's the reason I bought the pricey Outline Tracker app.) Is this feature disabled within Done! until you actually purchase a Pro subscription?
    version 0.4.17 uploaded

Color coded duedates in tasks list, shows "today" and "tomorrow" for due dates in tasks list, recurring symbol in checkbox for repeating tasks, various bugfixes as noted above.

I'm using it. Like the drag-and-drop way of recreating hierarchy in the tasks.

Strange thing I saw, using it yesterday:
    - when filtering on contexts (and having selected a specific context), the drag-and-drop way of making tasks subtasks of an overview task resulted (after a sync or a renewed opening of DONE - even without syncing) in the subtasks appearing under the wrong parent.
    - when doing the above while filtering on folders, and 2nd level filtering on "all tasks" that problem wasn't there at all.

Edit: had it on the newest version. The drag-and-drop action may end up with the wrong parent sometimes (also because of an inaccurate user :-).

Some suggestions:
    - What might make the whole process easier, and would surely make it easier to correct mistakes: in the parent/subtask field of a task, show a list of other tasks so you can select the intended parent/subtask there. That would make that field way more useful than it's current function.
    - When creating a subtask from within a parent subtask, give it some of the same values as the parent by default: same deadline, same folder, etc.

Anyway: the subtaks function is very usefull. It really adds value to the app for me.
    Last edited by joebel; 09/09/2010 at 01:28 AM. Reason: tried newest version: still a problem sometimes, and some suggestions
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    *chirp*

I would really love to use subtasks, as I prefer to organize things in heirarchies. (It's the reason I bought the pricey Outline Tracker app.) Is this feature disabled within Done! until you actually purchase a Pro subscription?
    I could only use it after enabling the pro trial on toodledo.
  8.    #728  
    Quote Originally Posted by procure View Post
    Any update on eliminating sync notifications?
    Sync notifications are gone in the latest betas.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Request. Is there a way to update the notifications after I mark a task done. I have 9 items in my notification but 6 of them are done. Maybe an option to update notifications on closing the app? Thanks for a great app.
  10.    #730  
    Quote Originally Posted by joebel View Post
    Strange thing I saw, using it yesterday:
    - when filtering on contexts (and having selected a specific context), the drag-and-drop way of making tasks subtasks of an overview task resulted (after a sync or a renewed opening of DONE - even without syncing) in the subtasks appearing under the wrong parent.
    - when doing the above while filtering on folders, and 2nd level filtering on "all tasks" that problem wasn't there at all.
    Hmmmm...If the parent/child have different contexts (or whatever filters you're using in the list), it's possible to be showing children without the parent. This would make it appear as though they're under a different task.

In this situation should 1) the children be shown as normal tasks or 2) not be shown at all. I'm going to vote for 1.

Some suggestions:
    - What might make the whole process easier, and would surely make it easier to correct mistakes: in the parent/subtask field of a task, show a list of other tasks so you can select the intended parent/subtask there. That would make that field way more useful than it's current function.
    - When creating a subtask from within a parent subtask, give it some of the same values as the parent by default: same deadline, same folder, etc.
    Showing a list of potential tasks in the subtask field is problematic: do you show ALL the tasks in Done!? or just the current filtered tasks? I agree that it would be good to be able to select tasks, but... which ones?

Also agree that the subtask should get some of the same values as the parent on creation. Folder, Context, Goal for sure. Perhaps Tags. Perhaps Status. I don't think due/start dates should be inherited, nor repeat nor reminder.
    In this situation should 1) the children be shown as normal tasks or 2) not be shown at all. I'm going to vote for 1.
    A third option would be to show the parent, but greyed out. This would provide full context and maintain the "child" status of the task while offering a visual cue that the parent is only there as a placeholder.
  12.    #732  
    0.4.19 uploaded with a couple of bugfixes for subtasks.

For now, I went with the "show subtasks as regular tasks when parent isn't shown by filter." This still needs a bit of work. Maybe show parent in the tasks details in the list?
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Rolf,

I'm going to guess that the tasks ARE being sorted by context, just that the contexts aren't sorted in the order you expect. What's happening is that contexts (and goals) are sorted by the ID assigned to them by Toodledo, rather than alphabetically.

I'll take a look and see if I can change this so that they're sorted alphabetically.
    Hi haeffb

Yes please take a look, because:

a) Why would they sort then differently in different views (set to sort by context)?
    b) Why do they sort different than toodledo?

If you can make them sort alphabetically, or even better:
    In the preference: let the user set the sort order the same way as the folders can be sorted (manually).

Thanks in advance.

PS: Done! is a great application. Thanks a lot for this.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I have been away, so I just got around to testing the latest changes with Done Beta (now on 4.19).

The new "No Start Date" on the start date filter, when enabled, seems to disable the Priority filter (I have that filter set to not show negative priorities). Turning off the new "No Start Date" causes the priority filter to re-assert itself.

I did recreate the filters from scratch.
    I don't mean to be rude, but "having trouble syncing..." doesn't do much to help troubleshoot. What version? Can you provide more detail? What happens when you try to sync?
    Sorry for not furnishing more info. I'm running 0.4.4 of Done! on webOS 1.4.1.1.

When I add tasks to toodledo or my phone, the new tasks do not show up in toodledo or the phone from either direction. Things I've done to resolve issues:

1. make sure I'm properly logged into app and site with correct login info.
    2. re-login to toodledo
    3. change sync settings
    4. attempt syncing on wifi
    5. reinstall app.
    6. restarted phone.

The sync screen does correctly show sync times, just doesn't show new information.

I also use Basecamp for work and have an app to sync with that and that app works so I'm not sure why this doesn't.
    Last edited by lizpike; 09/13/2010 at 09:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    0.4.19 uploaded with a couple of bugfixes for subtasks.

For now, I went with the "show subtasks as regular tasks when parent isn't shown by filter." This still needs a bit of work. Maybe show parent in the tasks details in the list?
    My personal preference / philosophy would be for strong binding to the parent. Move with the parent, show when parent shows, have separate priority and date but be sorted by parent priority and date, etc.

Since I made it here to the forum today, let me also post my thought from email so it can be discussed here:

I propose that it should not be possible to mark a parent as done if a subtask remains that is not done. If we start with this, then you are free to use the parent checkbox instead as an expand / collapse control. I do not think sub tasks are fully useful without a good expand / collapse. In this, as you have already done in other areas, you can do far better than the toodledo website. The site actually has a lot of major design flaws.
  17.    #737  
    I have been away, so I just got around to testing the latest changes with Done Beta (now on 4.19).

The new "No Start Date" on the start date filter, when enabled, seems to disable the Priority filter (I have that filter set to not show negative priorities). Turning off the new "No Start Date" causes the priority filter to re-assert itself.

I did recreate the filters from scratch.

Confirmed bug. Fixed for next version. Thanks!
  18.    #738  
    Quote Originally Posted by lizpike View Post
    Sorry for not furnishing more info. I'm running 0.4.4 of Done! on webOS 1.4.1.1.

When I add tasks to toodledo or my phone, the new tasks do not show up in toodledo or the phone from either direction. Things I've done to resolve issues:

1. make sure I'm properly logged into app and site with correct login info.
    2. re-login to toodledo
    3. change sync settings
    4. attempt syncing on wifi
    5. reinstall app.
    6. restarted phone.

The sync screen does correctly show sync times, just doesn't show new information.

I also use Basecamp for work and have an app to sync with that and that app works so I'm not sure why this doesn't.
    It sounds like you've taken all the appropriate steps, but clearly something is going wrong. Please contact us directly at tigercountrysoftware at gmail and we'll help to resolve this problem. Thanks!
    I don't know if this is by design or not, but when I sort by due-date, Done! appears to ignore the due times (whereas toodledo puts tasks with a due time first). Any chance the due time (and maybe start time) can be added as a field to sort by? Sometimes I like to see tasks listed by priority, but other times it's nice to have the tasks that have to be done at a specific time at the top of the list.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has had this issue or not (I just moved to an area where my phone coverage isn't so great) but a couple times I've quit Done! and assumed it would sync with the website, only to later find out it didn't (confusing more than annoying). I finally figured out this happens when I quit in an area with spotty coverage, so I'm guessing the sync just doesn't happen. Is there any way to get some sort of warning message that Done! was unable to sync? Or if no one else has this problem, just ignore this last bit - it's really not a big deal.
  20.    #740  
    Quote Originally Posted by fsyncio View Post
    I don't know if this is by design or not, but when I sort by due-date, Done! appears to ignore the due times (whereas toodledo puts tasks with a due time first). Any chance the due time (and maybe start time) can be added as a field to sort by? Sometimes I like to see tasks listed by priority, but other times it's nice to have the tasks that have to be done at a specific time at the top of the list.
    Good catch. I've added the due/start times into the sort criteria.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has had this issue or not (I just moved to an area where my phone coverage isn't so great) but a couple times I've quit Done! and assumed it would sync with the website, only to later find out it didn't (confusing more than annoying). I finally figured out this happens when I quit in an area with spotty coverage, so I'm guessing the sync just doesn't happen. Is there any way to get some sort of warning message that Done! was unable to sync? Or if no one else has this problem, just ignore this last bit - it's really not a big deal.
    I have added a banner notification that appears when Done! is unable to sync. It only last for a second or two, so if you're not watching, you still won't see it.