Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Yea...you're probably right that it's more of a calendar function. I can live with it.

I'm impressed though...great app
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgiven View Post
    I'm totally hung up on one of the most basic of things people use task programs for....recurring monthly bills. I started with the simple Mortgage payment due the 1st of every month. Entered on Done! with the 1st as the due date, repeat monthly from due date, put it in a "bills" folder that will contain all the annoying monthly repeating tasks and not clog my other daily taks, and made sure show future tasks was selected. Then checked on Toodledo website and made sure future tasks aren't hidden (they are supposed to display for 6 months)
    What I do when faced with your situation is to create one non-repeating task, then clone that task over and over again setting the start date to the appropriate date for the next occurence. You could set this up for the next 12 months, and then create a separate task with a start date in 11 months to remind you to redo the "cloning" for the following year.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Noticed a small nuisance when using Custom Lists to filter Start Dates:

My desire is to suppress the showing of tasks that have a start date of tomorrow or later.

In the Custom List filter settings, I set "Start Date" to "Today", and set the "Include Older" to "On".

This works for my tasks, except for tasks that have no start date (start date set to null).

I would suggest that tasks with a null start date be added when "Include Older" is set on. Alternatively, add another switch to also include null start dates.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I have Done set to sync automatically at recurring intervals. Is there a way to turn off the sync notifications?
  5.    #705  
    Quote Originally Posted by procure View Post
    I have Done set to sync automatically at recurring intervals. Is there a way to turn off the sync notifications?
    I have eliminated the sync notifications in Noted!, and haven't heard of any problems. I will do the same in the next Done! beta and you guys can tell me whether it works or not.
  6.    #706  
    Done 0.4.11 uploaded.

Adds subtask support for Toodledo Pro users.

Any task can be made a subtask by dragging on the main scene and dropping UNDER the task you want to be the parent.

The tasks details scene allows you to add new subtasks to an existing task. Tap the subtasks row to expand the list of subtasks and add subtasks. It will also let you to turn an existing subtask back into a top-level task by tapping the <- arrow.
  7.    #707  
    and now version 0.4.13 adds tag support to custom lists. Haven't done much testing of this - let me know what problems you experience.
    having trouble syncing...won't sync at all between Toodledo and phone. Wondering if it's my connection although all other apps are working just fine. I've even tried reinstalling (after duplicating task list onto website), but no go. Tried syncing via wifi and that didn't help either.
  9.    #709  
    Quote Originally Posted by lizpike View Post
    having trouble syncing...won't sync at all between Toodledo and phone. Wondering if it's my connection although all other apps are working just fine. I've even tried reinstalling (after duplicating task list onto website), but no go. Tried syncing via wifi and that didn't help either.
    I don't mean to be rude, but "having trouble syncing..." doesn't do much to help troubleshoot. What version? Can you provide more detail? What happens when you try to sync?
  10.    #710  
    Version 0.4.15

Disables "pro" dragging in main task scene so non-pro users don't mangle their tasks.
    Adds color hilighting to due and overdue due dates. Shows "Today" and "Tomorrow" for due dates in task list.
    It is looking good, only two things bug me right now:

- Sort items with no tags to the bottom like toodledo - please, having an A, B, C sorted list with a long list of things I don't care enough about to tag at the top is distracting

- Option to hide sync log - I hate that I have to see that, it is really annoying to be rapidly working through my tasks, and then have to click that thing to make it go away, it does nothing for me AT ALL, no value add for me, just annoyance
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    now version 0.4.13 adds tag support to custom lists
    What do you mean by this? Tags have been around for a while now I though, even in the stable version.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Have another problem:

If I modify a task title to add a single space followed by a plus sign (+), then sync with Toodledo, the plus sign is dropped.

Note that if I modify the task title on Toodledo, then sync, the plus sign will download. It appears that the plus sign is being dropped during upload.

Also note that using a minus sign (-) instead of plus works correctly. I have not tried other characters yet.
  14.    #714  
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    What do you mean by this? Tags have been around for a while now I though, even in the stable version.
    You can now filter by tags in custom lists. Tags are also now included in search.
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    I can't reproduce this issue. Which app catalog version & which beta version?
    Ok, like a trillion years later I finally found time to write up the details. Here you go:

Version:0.4.15
    Last Doctor: about 2 or 3 weeks ago, problem occurred before and after doctor
    Steps:
    1) Launch Done - syncs - no changes
    2) Folders -> All tasks view
    3) Sync -> Succesful, no changes
    4) Open Folders and Contexts
    5) Drag six folders from near the bottom to the top
    6) Swipe back, order is happy
    7) Hit Sync
    8) No changes, folder order is still happy
    9) Close App
    10) Open App
    11) Folders order is still happy
    12) Sync
    13) Folders go back to what they were before I reodered

I went back in again, moved some of the folders, added a task to one, then sync'd 3 times. First sync said new task from device. Second sync said new task from web. The third sync broke the folders again.

Let me know if you need any more details

Thanks.
  16.    #716  
    I have since discovered that Toodledo's API doesn't allow syncing folder order back to Toodledo. So changing order on device doesn't work.

I should probably remove that feature from Done!
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Hi haeffb

I have a sorting issue with context. Not newly, but for quite a while (ever?). But since sorting and grouping has changed/improved a lot, I was just watching out for working. So now here is my feedback:

The context shows in the right (alphabetical) order within the preference screens. As shown below. They also sort properly on the Toodledo online.
    However, they always come in a strange order when showing the tasks in Done!, within both, the built in views as well as custom views.

I use Done! beta v0.4.15, German language and here are some of my context names (with some translations):

- @Agenda
    - @Anrufe (@calls)
    - @Büro (@office)
    - @Computer
    - @Daheim (@home)
    - @Einkauf (@errands)
    - @Irgendwo (@somewhere)
    - @SOHO
    - @Unterwegs (@on the road)
    - @warten auf (@waiting for)
    - Projekte (Projects)
    - Irgendwann (@someday)

Built-in view:
    Order in "context" "all tasks":
    Projekte, @Daheim, @Computer, @Büro, @Anrufe, Irgendwann, @warten auf, @Unterwegs, @Irgendwo, @Agenda, @Einkauf, @SOHO, "no context"

Custom view:
    Order in "custom" "test" (=1st sort order = context)
    "no context", @SOHO, @Einkauf, @Agenda, @Irgendwo, @Unterwegs, @warten auf, Irgendwann, @Anrufe, @Büro, @Computer, @Daheim, Projekte

The same is in another custom view, where it is supposed to order by
    1st: priority
    2nd: starred
    3rd: context

Its nicely group by the priority (headers, dividing line)
    Then follows the starred tasks.
    Followed by the other tasks.
    However, neither within the starred tasks, nor within the following others is a logical sorting of context.

To me it looks like sorting by context is not working at all.

Is there any setting I might have overlooked?

Thanks for your advice.

Greetings from Switzerland,
    Rolf
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    and now version 0.4.13 adds tag support to custom lists. Haven't done much testing of this - let me know what problems you experience.
    Need to add an option to include all tags, and make it the default (in custom lists).

After upgrading to 4.13, all of my tasks disappeared from the list! I do not use tags (yet), so I just went in and set the Tags filter check box for no tags, and got them back. Could be confusing to someone else though.
  19.    #719  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    Hi haeffb

I have a sorting issue with context. Not newly, but for quite a while (ever?). But since sorting and grouping has changed/improved a lot, I was just watching out for working. So now here is my feedback:

The context shows in the right (alphabetical) order within the preference screens. As shown below. They also sort properly on the Toodledo online.
    However, they always come in a strange order when showing the tasks in Done!, within both, the built in views as well as custom views.
    Rolf,

I'm going to guess that the tasks ARE being sorted by context, just that the contexts aren't sorted in the order you expect. What's happening is that contexts (and goals) are sorted by the ID assigned to them by Toodledo, rather than alphabetically.

I'll take a look and see if I can change this so that they're sorted alphabetically.
  20.    #720  
    Quote Originally Posted by aa6vh View Post
    Need to add an option to include all tags, and make it the default (in custom lists).

After upgrading to 4.13, all of my tasks disappeared from the list! I do not use tags (yet), so I just went in and set the Tags filter check box for no tags, and got them back. Could be confusing to someone else though.
    The default for new custom lists is that all tags are included. Existing custom lists (created before v 0.4.13) may exhibit strange behavior...