Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #681  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    I selected "waiting" as status for one of my tasks and it disappeared. When I select "status" on the left selector, "waiting" is not an option on the right. I created a custom list to show "waiting" tasks [selected "waiting" only in status], but when I select "custom" on the left and "waiting" on the right nothing shows. The task is still accessible on toodledo.com, but I don't seem to have a status selection there. Is there anyway to make this task visible in Done! again? When choosing status for sort source shouldn't all status options be available in the right side selector?
    Make sure your "Show Deferred Tasks" option is turned ON.

Next version, filters will not apply to custom lists, but for now they still do.
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Make sure your "Show Deferred Tasks" option is turned ON.

Next version, filters will not apply to custom lists, but for now they still do.
    Got it. Excellent. Thanks. I didn't realize that "deferred" referred to the status categories. Makes sense now that I think about it. Learn something new everyday.
    Is the archive feature working yet? I have a bunch of folders that I have archived, but they still show up in Done!
  4.    #684  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Is the archive feature working yet? I have a bunch of folders that I have archived, but they still show up in Done!
    No, I have never used archive. Explain to me how it should work...
    if I understand it correctly, archive is a way to hide older folders so that the list of choices doesn't get out of control.

for example, I used toodledo/Done! for a trip, where I create a folder for each city I'm visiting. In each folder, I have list of things I want to do, people to see, places to go to, etc, as context. I have about 10 folders from that trip.

now and am planning 2 more trips and will be adding a combined total of probably 15+ folders. most will be for new cities, with one or two repeat cities from the first trip. when I go to the folder dropdown, I have way too many to choose from. the toodledo website has an option under the folder settings to archive (aka hide) folders so that only the relevant ones are shown. I believe that you can also archive context as well.

let me know if what I've described make sense. thx for making this app!

No, I have never used archive. Explain to me how it should work...
    I am still happily using the app store version of Done!, but I don't follow this thread as closely. Would you consider having a changelog somewhere so that I can more easily keep track of the new features in the next version? This thread gets pretty confusing, especially trying to keep track of what is available in the beta versus app store version.

Here is a feature that would be useful: if you search for a task by typing some characters at the main stage, I think Done! should tell you if there are more tasks that match your search string but are not shown because of the current settings (hide future tasks, hide -1, looking at a particular folder or custom list, etc.), and then have an option to display everything.

Thanks for your hard work on the Palm app I use the most!
    Here is a feature that would be useful: if you search for a task by typing some characters at the main stage, I think Done! should tell you if there are more tasks that match your search string but are not shown because of the current settings (hide future tasks, hide -1, looking at a particular folder or custom list, etc.), and then have an option to display everything.
    +1

The other day I was trying to search for a task I had checked off because it had a phone number in the notes I needed. I typed in the search but it did not come up. I had to use the search in toodledo to find it.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Hey Brian,

I have Done! 0.4.4 on my Pixi. Should I be able to tap on a phone number to dial in the notes on this version?
  9.    #689  
    Quote Originally Posted by klynngullo View Post
    Hey Brian,

I have Done! 0.4.4 on my Pixi. Should I be able to tap on a phone number to dial in the notes on this version?
    Yes, you should. Is it not working?
  10.    #690  
    Quote Originally Posted by aa6vh View Post
    Okay, I am able to now reproduce one of my issues.

Create a task with the following attributes: Start date today, no due date, no repeat, repeat from Completion date. Do not sync.

You will not be able to mark this task as complete, as the complete check mark will uncheck immediately after you check it.

Setting the "repeat from" to Due Date seems to avoid this problem.
    After further investigation, this is sort of "working as designed". The task is checked off, and since you have "repeat from completed" with a start date, a new task is created with the same properties. Check your completed tasks...it should be there as well. However, since you hadn't actually selected a repeat interval, the task should probably not repeat at all. I've fixed this in the next version.
  11.    #691  
    Version 0.4.9 uploaded. Some bug fixes, add task button added to task details scene.

See changelog: Changelog | Tiger Country Software
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Yes, you should. Is it not working?
    no, it doesn't appear to be working. Is there a trick to entering the number so that it's clickable?
  13.    #693  
    Quote Originally Posted by klynngullo View Post
    no, it doesn't appear to be working. Is there a trick to entering the number so that it's clickable?
    No trick. Something like 555-123-4567 or (555) 123-4567 should work.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    ahhhh, I found my problem--I was going into the edit mode to tap the number. Wasn't using the show notes on the list view but that's where it works. Doh!

I should have known you had it working just fine. How do you ever tolerate us dim-witted users?! Thanks!
    With out reading the entire thread, can anyone tell me if it's possible to add sub tasks, and if so how?
  16.    #696  
    Quote Originally Posted by meadimber View Post
    With out reading the entire thread, can anyone tell me if it's possible to add sub tasks, and if so how?
    Currently not possible in Done! but you can add them in Toodledo. A future update will add better subtask support.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    New user here. Tested out the sync ability before purchase and was happy to see my tasks go from palm to Toodledo to Google cal back down to palm calendar and agenda app. Palm tasks entered on Done! even show up in the Toodledo gadgets for igoogle homepage and gcal sidebar.

Bought the program and now trying to figure if it will fit my uses (maybe put cart before the horse!)

I'm totally hung up on one of the most basic of things people use task programs for....recurring monthly bills. I started with the simple Mortgage payment due the 1st of every month. Entered on Done! with the 1st as the due date, repeat monthly from due date, put it in a "bills" folder that will contain all the annoying monthly repeating tasks and not clog my other daily taks, and made sure show future tasks was selected. Then checked on Toodledo website and made sure future tasks aren't hidden (they are supposed to display for 6 months)

However...anything I try and add like this shows the first occurrence (September 1st mortgage payment) but it doesn't show future months. It also doesn't show future months recurring tasks in Toodledo or on the Toodledo calendar.

Is there a trick to recurring tasks? I read all 35 pages of this thread and don't see what I'm missing.

Anyone?
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgiven View Post
    I'm totally hung up on one of the most basic of things people use task programs for....recurring monthly bills. I started with the simple Mortgage payment due the 1st of every month. Entered on Done! with the 1st as the due date, repeat monthly from due date, put it in a "bills" folder that will contain all the annoying monthly repeating tasks and not clog my other daily taks, and made sure show future tasks was selected. Then checked on Toodledo website and made sure future tasks aren't hidden (they are supposed to display for 6 months)

However...anything I try and add like this shows the first occurrence (September 1st mortgage payment) but it doesn't show future months. It also doesn't show future months recurring tasks in Toodledo or on the Toodledo calendar.

Is there a trick to recurring tasks? I read all 35 pages of this thread and don't see what I'm missing.

Anyone?
    Hi mgiven

The next (future) task will only show up, after you have finished the active one.
    Else (with no end date of the recurrence) , you would have infinite tasks in your list.

To me, what you experience is as designed and as desired.
    You do your recurring tasks one (month) after the other.

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I dunno...I've seen task programs where you could see future ones.

* Is there a field to have an end date? Then you wouldn't have to worry about them repeating forever.

* What if you had a monthly recurring task (like bills sadly) where the next month task is STILL DUE whether you complete the first one or not. I'd surely want to see this new task as the next month rolls around.

Thanks for the quick answer though.

Michael
    What you're asking for is a calendar function (scheduling) not a task function (list). While I'm sure there are PIMs that combine these functions, these are not the droids you're looking for.